Hoda25

Consular Sourcebook Confirmed?!?!?!?!?!?

Hey guys I weird thing happened today when I looked up ordering Endless Vigil from the store.  I went to the cart to check out and noticed that the photo for Endless Vigil was not for Endless Vigil.  The description showed "Endless Vigil a Sourcebook for Sentinels" but the image to the left of it showed . . .

"Disciples of Harmony a Sourcebook for Consulars"

If you try to click on the photo it takes you to Problem Loading The Page with the Fantasy Flight Logo above it.

I just wanted to post about this because it caught my eye.  I can't post the image it just pulls up the Problem Loading the Page.  Maybe someone else might be able to get the image up but I just wanted to share this because the cover, (if this is really the Consular Book), is really cool.

Let me know if anyone sees this if they have Endless Vigil in their cart.

Though I should point out, they probably have all 3 books at some point in development, and putting together potential art and book covers might come early in the process.  This may or may not be the next book, and may just be a working title and cover.

So, good sleuthing, probably the next book, but I wouldn't say quite confirmed.

I'm sad it's not a Mystic book, but I guess the Consular does need some more options, because it's much less popular than you'd think it would be for the one career that gets more force ratings than any other.

I think an easy guesstimate would include one Consular with a Conflict talent. Each FnD career seems to have at least one (Aside: Will Warrior have 2 conflict talent trees?). Maybe this conflicted Force User would be concentrating more on the heal/HARM power, or at least be optimally suited.

Well in the core book we have a Consular spec for healing, a spec for being wise and knowledgeable (Force scholar) and a saber spec. What are we lacking? 

Maybe a more social spec (but that seems more to be the job of the Mystic:advisor) similar to Ambassador, but i can't think of any other  spec that are missing.

For signature abilities i guess we might see something similar to the Diplomat career, so something to turn combat into a social encounter. 

I was thinking maybe the Teacher, akin to the Commander's Instructor, with perhaps done of the same talents.

Also, this is just me and my ridiculous love of Mystics showing, but I hope the Consular gets another saber spec (Jar'Kai) that doesn't have a Force Rating increase, so that the Mystic can at least tie for highest in-career Force Rating :P !

I was thinking maybe the Teacher, akin to the Commander's Instructor, with perhaps done of the same talents.

Also, this is just me and my ridiculous love of Mystics showing, but I hope the Consular gets another saber spec (Jar'Kai) that doesn't have a Force Rating increase, so that the Mystic can at least tie for highest in-career Force Rating :P !

Yes teacher is a good one, and it covers a needed niche, the force sensitive instructor. 

I doubt we will get a second lightsaber spec, even if Niman is wwritten as the basis for Jar'kai. If we  get a jar kai spec i suspect it will be in the mystic book, based on the makashi duelist with two sabers image in the CRB. I imagine sthat spec as the lightsaber copy of the Gunslinger.  As for the Mystic and Force Ratings i suspect those specs will be full of Force Ratings increases. 

I feel there is no set precedent for adding new Saber Trees. No book has done it so why would one of the non melee focused specs have one, if any class has one its warrior and I still find it unlikely. However they could buck the trend with Vapaad since it is a favorite but if we get a saber form it will not be in DoH.

I feel there is no set precedent for adding new Saber Trees. No book has done it so why would one of the non melee focused specs have one, if any class has one its warrior and I still find it unlikely. However they could buck the trend with Vapaad since it is a favorite but if we get a saber form it will not be in DoH.

We might get juyo instead of vapaad (juyo was supposedly an incomplete form, and vapaad was a completed version of form 7) vapaad might be a talent in a juyo tree or we might get a shatterpoint signature ability and juyo + shatterpoint = vapaad. I am hoping that vapaad or juyo will show up in the warrior book.

Sentry is kind of a saber tree...

We might get juyo instead of vapaad (juyo was supposedly an incomplete form, and vapaad was a completed version of form 7) vapaad might be a talent in a juyo tree or we might get a shatterpoint signature ability and juyo + shatterpoint = vapaad. I am hoping that vapaad or juyo will show up in the warrior book.

I also see Juyo being a form and then Vapaad being the Conflict talent on that form. Also I'm pretty sure one of the Seek enhancements replicates Shatterpoint.

By Saber Tree I mean Saber Form, of which we truly have no precedent for. Simply having the Lightsaber Skill does not make you a Saber Tree.

By Saber Tree I mean Saber Form, of which we truly have no precedent for. Simply having the Lightsaber Skill does not make you a Saber Tree.

To be fair ....we only have one sabre form left. So the lack of a sabre form showing up in another book isn't really grounds to think that it could never happen considering that they have continued to develop lightsabre combat in general with additional specs that make use of lightsabre combat as a part of the tree's theme (such as Sentry and Armorer). All things considered the only reason we didn't get all 7 in one book is likely because they only have 6 careers and they wanted to stick to the 6 career format that they established in the other books. Had there been 7 I think we'd of seen all 7. 

I suspect we will see the last sabre form in the Warrior book. Being how they have continued to develop sabre combat I see no reason why they would stop. 

The problem I see with it is that Juyo and Vapaad can both be handled in one tree and or two trees. Juyo truly is the Dark side form being that you can only power it effectively with dark side emotions and only the insane and unstable use it (aka Darth Maul), however Master Windu's Vapaad is a perfected way of using this form while staying on the light side but dancing dangerously close to the dark side and is best used against a darkside user it is in the end what got him the upper hand versus Palpatine. Jar'Kai could get its own tree as well, I also believe personally that Shien and Djem so should be two different trees but that's just me. The biggest thing that makes me think that they won't reveal Vaapad is that the inventor and only teacher of it is dead and he did not leave any records of the form behind or else Anakin would have gone behind Master Windu's back and would have tried to learn that thing which would only made his fall to the darks side sooner. If they add it great! I'm just not hoping for one especially since we currently have a very nice distribution 6 classes 6 forms, each class gets one no more no less.