Sign in to follow this  
Serox

Imperial Nemeses Deck - Villain Deployment

Getting hyped over the new Nemeses Imperial Deck for the campaign mode, I decided to make this spread sheet to indicate at which rounds is it possible to deploy the villains using the "Nemeses" Deck's starting cards at the earliest.

The calculations don't consider additional threat generated from mission rules or initial deployment setup.

The red number indicate very viable villain choices for the threat levels.

In my opinion,

It is always better to reinforce/deploy mass troops than saving threat for 2 or 3 rounds to deploy 1 villain figure.

Having more attacks and more activation numbers is a huge advantage as imperial.

However, the villain deployment deck will get more powerful later in the campaign. Being able to deploy quality figures (Grand inquisitor) as early as round 2 is HUGE.

post-269664-0-66767100-1483527723_thumb.png

Edited by Serox

No comments so far?

Either you guys dont appreciate what was done here or don't unserstand it.

Calm down there, big guy.   :P

I do have to say, the fact that this card gives you any villain you want sans Vader by turn 3 of the finale, without any additional threat, could make this a new beast of a class.  If the Imps are playing to win the finale, this might be the way to go, without having to ruin everyone's day with ST.

The biggest issue with this chart is that many (most?) missions includes threat boost throughout the mission. I see no real use of this chart.

I find that you see threat increase pretty reliable in side missions.  A lot even have a double threat level increase before the first turn.  I do have to say, that could be brutal at threat level 6.  12 threat at the beginning of the mission, spend 1 of it for PF and you could send out any villain except for Vader at the beginning of the first turn.  Could easily get Vader out at the end of Turn One, still.

Story missions (at least in the core campaign) have it less frequently.  

Still, that's an awful lot of Threat to be spending on one figure.

Against what, Late Campaign Heroes at this point? So they're pretty kitted out. Level 4 Abilities and Tier 3 Equipment.

Still much better to be investing that level of Threat in multi-figure units like Stormtroopers...

Edited by Majushi

Against what, Late Campaign Heroes at this point? So they're pretty kitted out. Level 4 Abilities and Tier 3 Equipment.

Still much better to be investing that level of Threat in multi-figure units like Stormtroopers...

I mean, now we're just talking strategy.  Some Imp players are pretty competitive, some like to DM more.  There are other threads more appropriate for this discussion.

Except you can get an upgrade like Indomitable to deal with these pesky rebels. Imagine the Royal Guard Champion with BBW defense, doesn't seem bad. Or Boba Fett with BB, one block and one evade, paired with possible recovery makes it really hard to deal with, at any stage of the game. If you are going with big heroes anyways, Indomitable is pretty useful. Nothing worse than having a big baddy getting stunned. 

If you're going for mid-sized villains like Bossk or Terro, you might prefer devastating legion though.

Except you can get an upgrade like Indomitable to deal with these pesky rebels. Imagine the Royal Guard Champion with BBW defense, doesn't seem bad. Or Boba Fett with BB, one block and one evade, paired with possible recovery makes it really hard to deal with, at any stage of the game. If you are going with big heroes anyways, Indomitable is pretty useful. Nothing worse than having a big baddy getting stunned. 

If you're going for mid-sized villains like Bossk or Terro, you might prefer devastating legion though.

I noticed for Indomitable both triggers are "when an attack targeting a villain is declared", so there's a timing conflict = I (Imperial player) gets to choose the order

So can I do something like this?

Rebel 1: attack Vader, exhaust Ind to add def

Rebel 2: attack Vader, I pay 1 threat to ready then exhaust again to add def

Rebel 3: attack Vader, I pay 1 threat to ready then exhaust again to add def...

basically I gain the ability: "spend 1 threat for 1 extra black defense dice"

I noticed for Indomitable both triggers are "when an attack targeting a villain is declared", so there's a timing conflict = I (Imperial player) gets to choose the order

I'm pretty sure the rule about only activating an ability once per trigger is still in effect...

Also, it doesn't really help how unkillable the Villain is. He still only gets one activation, and most of the time that will translate to only one attack.

I get that there are drama reasons for why you would sometimes want to make the Villain playable, but mechanically a single figure deployment (the core/hoth ones especially) is rarely worth the threat.

I'm pretty sure the rule about only activating an ability once per trigger is still in effect...

But if they're different attacks aren't they different triggers?  Ricope, I'm pretty sure that what you've described is exactly how the card works.

That card is kind of the anti-Loku, as it gives the imperials a huge advantage in any mission where the rebel objective is to "kill villain x"

But if they're different attacks aren't they different triggers?  Ricope, I'm pretty sure that what you've described is exactly how the card works.

That card is kind of the anti-Loku, as it gives the imperials a huge advantage in any mission where the rebel objective is to "kill villain x"

not really, I was referring to same attacks. So to be clear, I want to do stuff like this (but apparently not allowed):

Rebel #1 action #1: hit Vader, I exhaust to add a black dice. action #2: hit Vader, I spend 1 threat to ready, then exhaust immediately to add a black dice again

Rebel #2 action #1: hit Vader, I spend 1 threat to ready, then exhaust immediately to add a black dice again...

not really, I was referring to same attacks. So to be clear, I want to do stuff like this (but apparently not allowed):

Rebel #1 action #1: hit Vader, I exhaust to add a black dice. action #2: hit Vader, I spend 1 threat to ready, then exhaust immediately to add a black dice again

Rebel #2 action #1: hit Vader, I spend 1 threat to ready, then exhaust immediately to add a black dice again...

Again, I think you'd be okay.  In this case the timing instance on the card is "Use when an attack targeting a villain is declared...".  If a rebel hero declares two attacks during his/her activation those are still two separate triggers, meaning the card can be used each time (provided you pay the threat to ready it).

What you couldn't do is use it multiple times during one attack (i.e. Rebel declares an attack, exhaust the card, pay a threat to ready the card, then exhaust the card again to add two black dice).  As long as you're only using the card once per attack you're good to do it as often as you like.

Edit:  Compare this card to a rebel card like Onar's "Don't Make Me Hurt You".  (Card text: Exhaust this card when you declare an attack to add 1 red die to your attack pool; After you resolve an attack, if the target was defeated you may suffer 1 damage to ready this card).  What would be the point of even adding that second line if you couldn't use it more than once during an activation?

Edited by ManateeX

You only get to trigger an ability once per timing instance, and untapping the card happens after the timing instance.

Typically 1 threat isn't worth 1 black die anyway as that is generally 2 block, and a Trooper or Officer is only 2 threat.

You only get to trigger an ability once per timing instance, and untapping the card happens after the timing instance.

Typically 1 threat isn't worth 1 black die anyway as that is generally 2 block, and a Trooper or Officer is only 2 threat.

Where are you getting that untapping the card happens after the timing instance?  I see two separate abilities taking place during the same timing instance of "when an attack is declared", and as ricope said that means that as the Imp player you get to choose the order.  So first I choose to spend a threat to ready the card, then I choose to exhaust the card to add a die.

I do understand what you're saying, and I would agree if the "ready the card" didn't happen immediately, but what makes you think that it doesn't?

Playing Nemesis deck, choose vader and fett, vader got deployed in mission 3 (story mission 1: A new threat played after aftermath and a side mission) 

I have 2 major questions:

1) do i add the villian card after i add my open groups, i.e. if it say i get 2 open groups do i add the villain as a 3rd or one of the 2

2) if the reserve group has a villian in it, can i add a villian to my open group?

Edited by AlexGamz

1) yes. Powerful Foes says explicitly that after choosing your open groups, you add one of your earned villains to your hand of open groups.

2) yes, the number of uniques (villains) is not limited, you can take any of the ones you have earned. You could have all of your open groups be uniques. (You can only have one with the same name in both the campaign and skirmish.)

Edited by a1bert

I'm running this class deck right now and bring Greedo into every mission.  Proper positioning can negate Slow on the Draw and make him very irritating to deal with.  For an essentially free villain he can put out some pain.