Sign in to follow this  
legofiddl3

Minimum purchase to play Correllian conflict.

Technically hardly any more than a normal game. Normal game is 400pts, you can go to 500 with CC. More often than not if you can do a 400pt game and you got ANYTHING left over, you can hit 500.

The 1 upgrade per ship initial list clause pretty much means you got 1 more ship than you'd usually have.

Just because a ship got removed from the campaign doesnt mean you cant buy another of the same ship with that specific model. Probably cant use the same title though i'd have to look into that.

Edited by Vineheart01

Do you have enough ships/squads to fill out a 500 point fleet? This is the bare minimum you will need to play for yourself in a campaign with friends. If you plan on running it and supplying ALL the ships, you would need to be able to field 3 500 point fleets for EACH faction. The most useful thing from the expansion IMO are the alternate squadrons that work with imperial squadron pack 1

It is actually a really good question, I play with a group of friends that like the game but don't want to buy their own ships so I am upgrading both my fleets to be able to field three 500 point fleets a side. The thing that makes it difficult is the one upgrade per ship at the beginning of the game so I may increase that to two upgrades to make the points stretch a bit further.

You never need two core sets.

I got two of them at the start (the price was not a issue) and don't feel bad about it.

I have 2 set of dice, 2 set of obstacle (when you play with friend you can take the decision to use more of them), 2 set of maneuver tool (one at speed 4 and one at speed 2) and a total of 6 ship and a lot of squadrons. Not a bad move at all depending on your financial issue. ;)

As you can see in my list below, I went crazy after this but have no regrets :)

Edited by DOMSWAT911

It really does sort of depends: if you mean for yourself as just one player (rather than the 'provider') you can get by relatively cheaply.  I mean, my CC force is considered a 'fast' Rebel fleet, and it includes 5 ships and 9 squadrons.  This is by no means the 'top number' but for a light Rebel fleet with no large ships, it's adequate.  

So what faction are you playing?  Do you like big ships or small?  Fighters or not?  The initial forces are probably going to be some of the most, given that you include upgrades which can cause a lot of point bloat later on.  The absolute most you'll need seems to be 540 points (500 point fleet+ base defense fighter wing).  I mean, you can start the Corellian conflict campaign reasonably for a Rebel force with a Core Set, an MC80, a fighter pack, and a GR75.  For the Imperials, You can do it with an ISD, a GSD, and a fighter pack. That's 400+ points and you'll still have enough fighters left for that fighter wing if you want (so you're not losing any options fundamentall)y.  The tournament style 'niche' lists don't work in quite the same way, here.  

Do you have enough ships/squads to fill out a 500 point fleet? This is the bare minimum you will need to play for yourself in a campaign with friends. If you plan on running it and supplying ALL the ships, you would need to be able to field 3 500 point fleets for EACH faction. The most useful thing from the expansion IMO are the alternate squadrons that work with imperial squadron pack 1

Wonder if that would scale down, some?

For example, instead of the '400 pt starting fleet and 500 pt maximum fleet'...200 to start with, and 250 max.  Then cut in half the per-turn repair points and resource point rewards for everything...  (IE., a 3-fleet-per-side game thus starts at 600 pts and maxes out at 750 pts)

Not really thinking of anything that would break horribly doing that, which would allow for the campaign to work with much smaller player collections...

Are three teams per side necessary? Could a pair of players run through the campaign with one team per side?

You definitely need at least 2 "fleets" per side - but you could have only a single player on each side running both of them.  You just need to track their upgrade/damage status distinctly.  (And if you were going to go down that route - spending a whole summer with just two players running through the campaign - I'd imagine you'd do better going with the full 3-fleets-per-side)

Are three teams per side necessary? Could a pair of players run through the campaign with one team per side?

You definitely need at least 2 "fleets" per side - but you could have only a single player on each side running both of them.  You just need to track their upgrade/damage status distinctly.  (And if you were going to go down that route - spending a whole summer with just two players running through the campaign - I'd imagine you'd do better going with the full 3-fleets-per-side)

Would you run into problems with multi-team games? I mean, I can probably field about 1,000 points for Rebels or Imperials, but not 1,500...

Wonder if that would scale down, some?

For example, instead of the '400 pt starting fleet and 500 pt maximum fleet'...200 to start with, and 250 max.  Then cut in half the per-turn repair points and resource point rewards for everything...  (IE., a 3-fleet-per-side game thus starts at 600 pts and maxes out at 750 pts)

Not really thinking of anything that would break horribly doing that, which would allow for the campaign to work with much smaller player collections...

Only thing that I can think of and it does not horribly break it, is the commander now becomes much higher % of your points. And the more expensive commanders become very hard to justify, but that may or may not be an issue for your group.

If you're playing with a friend, use proxies to get what you need. Hell you could use cardboard cut-outs the size of the appropriate base and a sharpie to track what they are. Would it look good? No. Would it help you test future fleet builds.....

Go to your local hobby store and pick up a cube of D6. It's literally a pack of small dice.

Use them to track shields on ships and hull on squadrons and you can easily proxy literally anything in the game.

Edited by Sygnetix

Your minimum purchase is way lower than (most) everyone else is making it out to be. Just find a group of Armada players that wants to play CC (should be easy to find at most FLGS's) and offer to buy them a round of drinks if they'll let you join in and borrow some ships.

Heck, most Armada players probably wouldn't even require the drinks, they'd just be happy to have someone new to play with. We're pretty cool like that. ;)

After reading the book my takeaway is this:

If you want to have three players you need enough stuff to field 6 fleets valued at 400 points. Each ship can only have 1 upgrade, so that means needing more models to fill those points.

The fleets can grow, and even change, but mostly the growth sounds like it will be upgrades. 

The finale has all six fleets playing at once.

I would think that with most people's collections you could do the entire campaign with a modest collection playing with only two players. The finale could be troublesome though. 

After reading the book my takeaway is this:

If you want to have three players you need enough stuff to field 6 fleets valued at 400 points. Each ship can only have 1 upgrade, so that means needing more models to fill those points.

The fleets can grow, and even change, but mostly the growth sounds like it will be upgrades. 

The finale has all six fleets playing at once.

I would think that with most people's collections you could do the entire campaign with a modest collection playing with only two players. The finale could be troublesome though. 

Can

Not Does.

You can run it with 4 Players, and only 4 Fleets.

Hell, you can run it with 2 players, but they each have 2 fleets, for a total of 4 Fleets.

Thanks for all the responses. I definitely have 500 for one imp and one reb fleet, but it looks like I'll be collecting for a bit longer, before doing CC. I'm an early adopter of the game (Wave One) with no one to game SWA with til recently. So my collection has been a slow grow.

Edited by legofiddl3