Sign in to follow this  
BlueMusketeer28

Crew for the B-Wing

Nera Dantels + Expertise + Advanced Proton torps + Extra munitions + Guidance chips : 

360 degree range 1 attack with a minimum 3 hits + 1 crit, but mostly just 4 hits + 1 crit ! 

but unfortunately for a woopping 38pt!!!!!!! 

so just for laughs......

My go to Keyan build is; Stay on Target, Advanced Sensors, E2 w/ Hera.   Advanced Sensor to target lock or barrel roll before revealing the dial, Stay on Target to make sure you have your target in arc if its PS is lower than 7 and to get the needed stress to spend on the attack.  Hera is to ensure if you didn't spend the stress in the attack because you had no target to shoot at (it happens when dealing with high PS arc dodgers), you can still Stay on Target next turn to get a target in arc.  You can add a cannon but I usually keep him at 36 points to fit in another Ace and generic or 2 generics.

Problem with B-wing E2 is that it uses the modification slot instead of the title slot. More so is that it also cost a point and you have to fill it with a <crew> upgrade which also costs >0 points. So you are spending a point to pay for more points. It is a lot like that R2-D6 astromech which cost 1 point to equip an EPT. It makes cards like adaptability cost 1 point and VI cost 2 points (which it should have in the first place). 

As for me I wanted to play with Nera + Sabine for some fun ion b-wing with conner nets ion torpedoes EM and ion cannons, but that is more of a troll build and will not do that well against Dengaroo or Palp Aces.

Let me dig one out from my old bag of tricks. I've always enjoyed Immortal Ibti.

Ibtisam + Sensor Jammer + Elusiveness + E2 + C-3P0

How this works is an opponent attacks Ibti. First, she changes a hit to an eye which cannot be rerolled. Then Elusiveness activates, allowing you to reroll an enemy die. Which cannot then be rerolled because it's already been rerolled. That gives you a stress. You guess 0 with 3P0. If you get 0, you add an evade result. Then you use Ibti's ability to reroll a defense die. If you roll that into an evade (or eye if you have a focus), you then end up with 2 evade results. Assuming everything goes to plan, Ibti with 1 evade die can avoid all damage from a 4 Hit attack.

Doesn't always work, but it is hilarious when it does. Pair her with Wes to strip their focus and you are decently well off. Further, the Sensor Jammer and ibti Reroll work on subsequent attacks as well.

It's way too many points to be competitive, but in a casual game, she can be a terror.

"By the Numb-ers"

Ten numb

Nien numb crew

PTL

Mangler cannon

Advanced sensors

For 5 points cheaper:

Ten Numb - Veteran Instincts, Advanced Sensors, B-Wing/E2, Bistan  (38)

Now all you need fear is turrets.

...or:

Nera Dantels -  Proton Torpedoes, Extra Munitions, B-Wing/E2, Bodhi Rook (34)

You can run, but you can't hide...

The U-Wing kinda killed the B-Wing, in my opinion.  A B-Wing with E2 is the same price as a U-Wing, and they have the same upgrade slots except the U-Wing gets a second crew slot, an extra agility (pivot wings) and only loses the cannon slot, which B-Wings rarely use anyways.

If you want an E2 B-Wing, I'd recommend a U-Wing every time since you get an extra crew slot and a big base for obnoxious blocking.  If you insist on running a B-Wing, I'd say their sole interesting contribution to the Rebel fleet would have to be tied to their cannon slot, so I guess you could use them as like a tractor beam platform or something.

Not really fair as you're not taking into account a couple of things that favour the B-wing.

1)  Better manuever dial, can red one hard.  Less predictable k-turns that don't require a title flip which telegraphs it.

2)  Large base ship is inherently easier to hit (larger base) which also results in more bumps and hazards when flying close to obstacles.  I can accept that a larger base also allows you to block more which is a slight nod but in general large base is a disadvantage. 

3)  B-wing can barrel roll

The TIE SF should have the same title card gaining a crew since it stinking has one.

Let's give the TIE/sf a second title. 0 points, "gain a crew slot but can't use the aux arc any more"?