Gizlivadi

The Dungeons of Cirith Gurat

It's fun, but hard. Not the longest quest ever, but with 2 player I think it took us a little over an hour. The first stage can throw a lot of threat your way, and there's a particular enemy that will have attacks flying your way as it's revealed that surges, which is a pain. It wasn't one of those "this card comes up and you lose" type of quests though. Me and my partner had a good time playing it! I especially liked the second stage, it has you sneaking past guards and it really captures that with an interesting mechanic. Great pack all in all, considering the player cards and solid quest!

Edited by Chris51261

My wife and I were disappointed in the quest.  We never felt really threatened even when a quest curveball came up halfway through.  There were some mechanism that prevent your progressing that felt more annoying than daunting.  I actually ended up using when revealed cancellation more to stop that than to prevent harm or death to heroes.  Everything made sense story wise, but I still felt let down when we finished.  In the end, I think my disappointment came more from having had waited so long between quests just to have had everything over so quickly.   I actually kinda wish we would have lost a few times so we could have more LotR lcg to look forward to.  Now we probably have another 2 to 3 months to wait for the next one.

Just picked mine today.

Out of curiosity, the front image on the Spanish pack is this, different from the USA original.

I don't know about other countries, but for Spain this is unprecedented!

Anyway, still interested in knowing more experiences from players (since I can't play it until next weekend)!