Gizlivadi

The Dungeons of Cirith Gurat

I mean, I think the release of 2 new lcg's the last two years has a lot to do, as well as the Asmodee merger (they probably looked at the current lcg lineup, decided to focus on a few and "retire" other less popular ones like SW and LOTR to having less product/advertisements/articles, etc). But even though that's probably the case, it's really frustrating that FFG has kept complete silence over a game that was a few years ago one of their top selling games relegated to a secondary place without a word.

3 hours ago, Gizlivadi said:

I mean, I think the release of 2 new lcg's the last two years has a lot to do, as well as the Asmodee merger (they probably looked at the current lcg lineup, decided to focus on a few and "retire" other less popular ones like SW and LOTR to having less product/advertisements/articles, etc). But even though that's probably the case, it's really frustrating that FFG has kept complete silence over a game that was a few years ago one of their top selling games relegated to a secondary place without a word.

I just received the FFG Winter 2017 Catalog and the LotR LCG got its own 2 page advertisement, similar to their other newer products. There was a picture of the new Netrunner core set in there, but it was shown on the last page grouped together with a lot of older games. So maybe we are 2nd tier now, but perhaps at least not 3rd tier :D

Edited by donkler

1 hour ago, donkler said:

I just received the FFG Winter 2017 Catalog and the LotR LCG got its own 2 page advertisement, similar to their other newer products. There was a picture of the new Netrunner core set in there, but it was shown on the last page grouped together with a lot of older games. So maybe we are 2nd tier now, but perhaps at least not 3rd tier :D

I guess that there wasn't any new info on those 2 pages...

Gosh, the waiting is heavier than I thought!

According to google translate:

The threat cost of <HERO NAME> is reduced by 1 for each Hobbit hero you control

discard <HERO NAME> to decrease your threat level by 7

limit once per phase

1 minute ago, GravyK said:

According to google translate:

The threat cost of <HERO NAME> is reduced by 1 for each Hobbit hero you control

discard <HERO NAME> to decrease your threat level by 7

limit once per phase

I think the last part should read "Limit: once per game" ;)

Ah...yes :D

The translation said 'once per part' and I wasn't thinking. Unless it actually is phase in order to bring him back with Fortune or Fate.

Edited by GravyK

How the heck does Folco Boffin, of all characters, have 2 attack?! Especially given poor Bilbo, apparently forever stuck at 1 attack and 1 willpower... There's no justice in the world.

Edited by Kjeld

Well it's still "on the boat" today.  So I really doubt I will see this by Fellowship night.  I had so hoped for Open the Armory.  Alas.

ANA - "We've decided to cancel The Lord of the Rings, The Living Card Game."

CG - "Why?"

ANA - "None of the new packs are selling."

CG - "But you aren't selling any new packs!"

ANA - "Exactly."

1 hour ago, Kjeld said:

How the heck does Folco Boffin, of all characters, have 2 attack?! Especially given poor Bilbo, apparently forever stuck at 1 attack and 1 willpower... There's no justice in the world.

Well, you have to take into consideration that Bilbo is 88 years older than Folco.

8 minutes ago, dalestephenson said:

Well, you have to take into consideration that Bilbo is 88 years older than Folco.

Yes, but...

On 11/20/2017 at 2:32 PM, dalestephenson said:

Think of it -- Bilbo not only voluntarily approached three trolls around a fire, he attempted to pick one of their pockets.  Bilbo hung around an Elven King for weeks, stealing his stuff.  Bilbo went down a tunnel not once, but three times when he knew there may be a live dragon at the end of it.  Bilbo betrayed Thorin Oakenshield, then voluntarily went back and put himself in his power.  And he had the strength of will to voluntarily give The One Ring away after bearing it for many decades.  Clearly, here is a Hobbit of exceptional courage and strength of will, not just by Hobbit standards but by *anybody's standards*.

Well, that's all very true.  But Bilbo still *hid* from the fearsome Lobelia Sackville-Baggins.

And Folco is Lobelia's cousin.  (Third cousin, from his POV).  Don't underestimate the Boffin blood.

In all seriousness, Bilbo *does* deserve better.  But letting Bilbo be overpriced with a less useful stat distribution is probably a better option than making all the later Hobbits even worse.

I've been wondering what a new, good Bilbo should look like.  Besides his obvious Lore, Bilbo demonstrated ample Leadership, Spirit, and Tactics in the pages of the Hobbit.  Yes, tactics -- Bilbo slew dwarf-sized spiders *with a single thrown rock*.  Bullroarer himself couldn't do better.  I'd love to see Bilbo with a cool combat ability, but with his pathetic 1 att/2 def it'd have to be really cool.  Maybe Leadership would be better, since there's a shortage of leadership Hobbits.

Still, there's precedent for mucking with the Hobbit stat lines, as Merry has a different printed stat line (OK, it's effectively the same if he's the only Hobbit).  Further, the saga Bilbo has a different stat line, a 1/1/1/3 -- OK, still a terrible stat line.  I think Bilbo is the only character whose ally version has higher willpower, without being temporary.

7 minutes ago, dalestephenson said:

I've been wondering what a new, good Bilbo should look like.  Besides his obvious Lore, Bilbo demonstrated ample Leadership, Spirit, and Tactics in the pages of the Hobbit.  Yes, tactics -- Bilbo slew dwarf-sized spiders *with a single thrown rock*.  Bullroarer himself couldn't do better.  I'd love to see Bilbo with a cool combat ability, but with his pathetic 1 att/2 def it'd have to be really cool.  Maybe Leadership would be better, since there's a shortage of leadership Hobbits.

No, I couldn't.  Put a 2 iron in my hand however...

Gandalf is temporary, even the OHUH version will go away eventually.  Denethor's willpower depends on the number of healthy heroes, but it can be greater and can't be less, so he works.  Beorn works -- has more defense than his heroic counterpoint, too.  I think that's probably the complete list.