Gizlivadi

The Dungeons of Cirith Gurat

Just now, dalestephenson said:

It'd ruin my naming scheme.  I can distinguish between LoPippin and SpPippin easily enough, but two different LoBilbo?  I suppose the threat would be different, so they could just be Bilbo9 and Bilbo6.

Maybe it's the same ability, but they printed the threat correctly this time.  :D

I don't either, but I can dream.  If it's a new Hobbit, it's probably an invented female Bree Hobbit.  Not that it wouldn't be cool, but it wouldn't be Smeagol-cool.  Or even Lobelia.

Think of it -- Bilbo not only voluntarily approached three trolls around a fire, he attempted to pick one of their pockets.  Bilbo hung around an Elven King for weeks, stealing his stuff.  Bilbo went down a tunnel not once, but three times when he knew there may be a live dragon at the end of it.  Bilbo betrayed Thorin Oakenshield, then voluntarily went back and put himself in his power.  And he had the strength of will to voluntarily give The One Ring away after bearing it for many decades.  Clearly, here is a Hobbit of exceptional courage and strength of will, not just by Hobbit standards but by *anybody's standards*.

And this same Hobbit *hid* from Lobelia Sackville-Baggins.  Now that's a force to be reckoned with.

Gandalf feared her too.

Apparently we finally know about the long-awaited hero for this pack!

Straight up from the French forum the Belgium early release rumours sprang from:

"

Foulque Bophin connaissance 7 de menace.
2 2013582248.png 
2 850276551.png 
0 210671602.png 
2 PV

On reduit sa menace de 1 par héros hobbit que vous contrôlez. (C'est le même type de capa au setup que Mirlonde).

Action : Defausser Foulque Bophin pour réduire votre menace de 7.   

"

Ability would read: Reduce your starting threat by 1 for each hobbit hero you control, Action: discard Folco Bofin to reduce your threat by 7.

That will make hobbit secrecy decks much stronger. He has 4 (3 with fellowship Frodo) starting threat, and can discard himself to get back to secrecy. With hobbits you can play 2-hero deck and just discard him immediately. But outside of hobbit secrecy I don’t think he’ll have some uses

This one is very interesting to me. I'm usually stuck when I want to play with multiple secrecy since Pippin is the only lore hero I'm interested with. Now this one bring a whole new world, with secrecy with two 8 threat hero (yes Tom and Sam, I'm thinking of you).

1 hour ago, Gizlivadi said:

Apparently we finally know about the long-awaited hero for this pack!

Straight up from the French forum the Belgium early release rumours sprang from

Link, s'il vous plait! Do they have any info on any of the other cards? 

Also, so far I'm not seeing the "once per game" restriction, so with some Fortune or Fates you can reduce your threat by two digits "easily". We have to recognize that The Galadhrim's Greeting is more efficient though

Let's see if those Belgium forums could show us some pics of the players cards (hoping for encounter cards too!).

I'm thinking on a lineup with Sam Gamgee, Tom Cotton and Folco "Mirloffin". Good questing power, good combat shenanigans (Staff of Lebethron, Hobbit-sense, Halfling Determination, Tom's response and passive). Still, I think that hobbits need a bit more "oomph" with stronger hobbit allies. Or maybe they're intended to be paired with stronger races.

They have some of the most hilarious tricks IMO (I love Small Target) which I'd love to put inside a deck that is functional and capable against hard quest (NM or not).

Edited by Jekzer
Edited because I didn't remember the almighty Resourceful...

I already ask for scans of the allies.

About fight abilities staff, feint and hobbit cloack seem to be enough. Without Tom it would be hard to kill enemies with hobbit. I usually play also secrecy cards (in this case ithilien lookout) who are able to do that.

I ask for all the cards, texte of the allies, scan of anything related. I would not push it harder, if they are afraid of trouble that can happen to them (or to the store who give the pack) I will respect that. I will also have to wait to have my many copies for test many hobbit secrecy builds.

Edited by Rouxxor

These people are so conservative! The scans for Crossings of Poros were leaked months ago and nobody was negatively affected that I know of. On the other hand, FFG has kept us with blue balls for way more than enough without any word on the pack or even the game, save for restrictive errata, and people still want to defend them! Literally sheep defending the tyrant...

I'm not happy with (some of) the errata, the long delay on the next pack, the lack of information on *why* the next pack is delayed, or the lack of any information at all about future products since the Crossings of Poros was leaked.

However, I don't see what I can possibly do to influence FFG to behave differently.  Threatening to quit the game is an idle threat for me, not least because my main complaint is lack of new things to buy.

7 hours ago, dalestephenson said:

I'm not happy with (some of) the errata, the long delay on the next pack, the lack of information on *why* the next pack is delayed, or the lack of any information at all about future products since the Crossings of Poros was leaked

Cards in the next pack:

- "Wall of Shields". A tactics event which reads: "action: enemies can't attack players until the end of the round"

- "Tauriel". A spirit ally that reads: "Response: when this ally enters play, return a hero from the discard pile to play"

IF THIS IS NOT THE CASE, THEN WHY THE DELAY AND THE ERRATAS ???

Edited by Rajam