Sign in to follow this  
BenDay

32 point Rebel Ship

Hi,

looking for a ship that is better than Nien but good at killing defenders x7.  My meta has lots of defender x7 with PS less than 7 (big shocker). 

Corran Horn [R2-D2, Fire-Control System, Veteran Instincts] (42)

Nien Nunb [Targeting Astromech, Rage, Integrated Astromech] (32)

Biggs Darklighter [R4-D6, Integrated Astromech] (26)

thanks

Wes Jansen. His ability to token strip at PS10 will make it easier for Corran to land some telling damage. Also extra stress will make it harder for them to token up in future turns and will definitely annoy PTL Ryad. Or you could forgo the token stripping for extra Stress with Braylen. It won't stop the free Evade token but it will make other actions a lot harder. Braylen also has the advantage of the rear arc so he doesn't really care if the Defenders K-turn behind him.

32 Wes Janson (29), VI (1), R3-A2 (2) IA (0)
32 Braylen Stramm (25), Gunner (5), R3-A2 (2), Alliance Overhaul (0)

I'd definitely give VI Wes a go, though my preference is for BB-8 rather than R3-A2. Wes needs to get his shot off, and repositioning let's toy take advantage of his higher PS better IMO. I had a bit of a run with VI Wes, VI Luke and VI Cracken awhile back, and BB-8 was immensely useful in that lost.

Another suggestion is a Warden K Wong with Extra Munitions, Homing Missiles, Auto blaster turret and LRS. With Biggs in the picture, you should be getting at least one missile off at the first pass and an Autoblaster shot as you pass. Then, even if you take a few turns to slam around to get properly back in the fight, a late game homing missile shot does wonders when you're trying to finish off a cockroach defender on one or two hull.

One other possibility is TLT Horton Salm. He gives you multiple high quality shots that will chip away at Defenders and all but guarantees that the evade token will be gone when Corran takes his double tap. Leaves you a spare point too, either for a droid, or a PS bid for Biggs vs Ryad.

Edited by MacchuWA

Karhedron is very good at taking the words out of mouth (great minds and whatnot). Wes is overly awesome right now, specifically against all the token economy in the meta right now. I definitely prefer R3-A2 on Wes, as then he is able to take tokens and dish out stress. I very rarely have a problem keeping things in arc with him, just fly him further out that other X-wings. Remember, his value isn't hire power, it is giving another ship more chance at hitting the enemy with their larger fire power.

Thanks Guys, sadly I don't have the rebel transport (and Wes pilot card).  I do have the ARC and defenders are certainly not good with stress (they dont usually come with the mk II)

Heff Tobber

Zeb

Chopper

Jammers

APT

Gives Biggs an extra die, a big base to block, and when they slam into you, its five hits in the face.

Cassian

Adv Sensors

Rage

Inspired recruit

Chopper

Cassians ability lets Corran Kturn every round with Defenders. And again, its a big body getting in the way of their kturns.

Cassian

Trickshot

Fcs

Tactician

Inspired recruit

Cassian can stress opponent. And Corran can kturn through debris and cassian + recruit can erase it for him. Or if biggs gets stress via bot, casian wipes it out.

Im on a Uwing high right now. Been loving the ship!

Ruykhan, only at range 1 but yeah I was looking at that.  I like the targeting droid because it is nice to get an action when you k (just like the defenders).

Wurms, neat idea about jammers but I have never got that to work in a game so I don't do it any more.

Oh and I don't have the U-wing....

Thanks for all the idea...too bad rebels don't have a soontir fel or something....