Sign in to follow this  
TheHandofNergal

Night of the Zealot (Completed) (Spoilers)

Finished the campaign with Roland Banks. Had to make some tough decisions but it was fun. Planning to carry Roland over into The Dunwich Legacy.

EXP Purchased Cards:

Encyclopedia (2) for Medical Texts

Upgraded to LV. (2) Beat Cop

Elder Sign Amulet (3) for Knife

and on the sheet it says i spent [8] and saved 1, but I spent the 1:

Extra Amunition (1) for Mind over Matter.

post-279352-0-07641300-1483428838_thumb.jpg

Nice! Curious to see how he will perform in Dunwich Legacy, 3 mental trauma seems rough. Are you planning on taking more cards to deal with this (first aid?), or do you think the Elder Sign Amulet is enough of a buffer?

Oof, I think you're going to need another elder sign. If Roland wasn't one of the most adaptable characters I'd say he'd be done here. As it is I think you're going to have to make sure can sacrifice some allies as well to push off sanity loss. 

Yeah I think I'm going to need another Elder Sign for sure.

Also, since I upgraded from the Beat Cop, can I still add that LV. 0 Beat Cop to the deck, or does the upgrade replace it?

ALSO also, did FF say anything about new cards being added with Dunwich Legacy to help carried over characters?

I know Roland probably won't make it, but I like the idea of carrying characters over. The way this game lets you continue until characters are dead makes it feels like an Arkham game. I still play the Call of Cthulhu RPG so it feels right to fight to the end.

Also, since I upgraded from the Beat Cop, can I still add that LV. 0 Beat Cop to the deck, or does the upgrade replace it?

ALSO also, did FF say anything about new cards being added with Dunwich Legacy to help carried over characters?

I know Roland probably won't make it, but I like the idea of carrying characters over. The way this game lets you continue until characters are dead makes it feels like an Arkham game. I still play the Call of Cthulhu RPG so it feels right to fight to the end.

i think that's the great part about it. on top of that, you have to purposefully tailor your deck to make up for problems that arise from scenario completion. still, on this first scenario, you're going to have to keep Roland at a max of 2 mental trauma i think. pretty much an ideal series of events would be; kill off the ghoul priest early in the gathering, keep your house standing, get at least 4 cultists on masks while still having enough time to duck out before midnight, and complete the 3rd scenario before the summoning of Umordhoth. I don't know if it's even possible to beat it before you're given the additional madness, which would be amazing. still, you're going to want to take 2 elder signs and at least 1 police badge, which can allow you to get a +1 to Willpower and can easily be discarded for free for +1 action after equipping an elder sign afterwards. lots and lots of options!

There are better cards, for sure, but remember that in the rulebook it says you can carry over investigators from campaigns, but they recommend starting fresh. Means that it's balanced to start anew, so it may be awhile before they give any help to a mega campaign.

For the purposes of having 2 of a given card in your deck, they are the same name, so the same thing. Therefore, if you have 2 level 0 Beat Cops, to upgrade, you would have to swap them out 1 for 1 with the upgraded Cop. If you only have have 1 Lvl 0 Beat Cop, you can add an upgraded one without necessarily having to swap out the Lvl 0 Cop. Though you would obviously have to swap *something* out for it!

For the purposes of having 2 of a given card in your deck, they are the same name, so the same thing. Therefore, if you have 2 level 0 Beat Cops, to upgrade, you would have to swap them out 1 for 1 with the upgraded Cop. If you only have have 1 Lvl 0 Beat Cop, you can add an upgraded one without necessarily having to swap out the Lvl 0 Cop. Though you would obviously have to swap *something* out for it!

Thank you, General.

i think that's the great part about it. on top of that, you have to purposefully tailor your deck to make up for problems that arise from scenario completion. still, on this first scenario, you're going to have to keep Roland at a max of 2 mental trauma i think. pretty much an ideal series of events would be; kill off the ghoul priest early in the gathering, keep your house standing, get at least 4 cultists on masks while still having enough time to duck out before midnight, and complete the 3rd scenario before the summoning of Umordhoth. I don't know if it's even possible to beat it before you're given the additional madness, which would be amazing. still, you're going to want to take 2 elder signs and at least 1 police badge, which can allow you to get a +1 to Willpower and can easily be discarded for free for +1 action after equipping an elder sign afterwards. lots and lots of options!

I was thinking about the Police Badge.Is it okay to switch out for other cards even though I've already spent the experience?

I was thinking about the Police Badge.Is it okay to switch out for other cards even though I've already spent the experience?

Not by the official campaign rules, no. Every time you change a card in your 30 card non-mandatory card slots after the first scenario, you have to pay a minimum of 1 XP to do so (more if you're buying a higher-level card, of course).

Not by the official campaign rules, no. Every time you change a card in your 30 card non-mandatory card slots after the first scenario, you have to pay a minimum of 1 XP to do so (more if you're buying a higher-level card, of course).

Even if you want to downgrade (for whatever reason).

Even if you want to downgrade (for whatever reason).

I see I see. Well at least I'll have more characters choose from.