Sign in to follow this  
JimbonX

1000 point match! Jimbon X strikes again!

I'd rather piss glass than have to play that game, lol.

X-Wing is one of those games where adding more stuff has rapidly diminishing returns.

I don't know about "rapid". I think just over a hundred (125-150 ) is pretty fun it lets you have som equipment you would have lacked otherwise. Maybe a few generics at worst.

200-300 epic is also pretty good. I don't a bigger table helps greatly for this. I haven't done anything higher, but I think 3 times standard points isn't that rapid.

X-Wing is one of those games where adding more stuff has rapidly diminishing returns.

As BlueMusketeer said, 300 point Epic is pretty easy to manage, it just makes a single game of X-Wing a full night's worth of gaming.

More points on the table does get a bit cumbersome, but it is glorious to see that many ships in battle at once :D

Edited by Darth Meanie

2 hours ago, gryffindorhouse said:

Frankly, that would not be that fun to me. It would just be so repetitive, not as much actual dogfight, and more lots of ships crashing into one another.

Er... So you resurrect a thread four months dead to say you don't like it?

21 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Er... So you resurrect a thread four months dead to say you don't like it?

This makes me upset because I haven't seen anything from ol' jimboneX in awhile.... I thought he was back with another epic play through photo dump, or another one of his clickbait just for fun threads.

But nope, the necromancer had to raise the thread.

The resurrection probably isn't needed.

But since it was my thought is that three mats in that LONG rectangle really doesn't do things justice.  It may get hard to reach the middle of the table but a 4x8 seems like a much better playing size than a 3x9 if you're going to boost the point, and more importantly ship, totals so high.