Sign in to follow this  
Dark Bunny Lord

Firespray Peg Problems

I recently bought the firespray imperial expansion and am having issues with keeping the ship on it's peg. It seems both pegs are far far far to short. Whenever I slot them into the firespray the total length is shorter than the tail of the ship itself, meaning that hits the base before it can slide into the base. This makes me need to tilt the ship awkwardly to get it to fit and that in turn basically means any slight movement basically knocks it right off it's peg as it's just precariously balanced on it. Anyone found a fix for this? I can't imagine this is how they intended it to be as even a increasing it's length by 10% would completely solve this problem.
Looking at some imagines I think I might have missed something, I noticed a few people doubling the pegs up, I had assumed it was 1 peg per ship not two stacked on each other and that the excess where merely replacements if they broke or went missing, perhaps thats my issue?

Edited by Dark Bunny Lord

Sounds like a manufacturing defect.  I have bought 3 firesprays in my x-wing career and I have never run into this.  I would contact FFG and send them pictures.  They tend to have excellent customer service and will likely send you some new pegs (at the very least).

I was just looking at a magnet thread and noticed all the ships where on two pegs connected together, I hadn't even considered doing this so it may solve my issue if that's the problem as my complaint only stems from a single peg build.

You are not the only person to have been confused about this, however most ships fly well on 1, 2, or 3 pegs. You are likely to need to vary the number based on wingspan and overlapping issues. Quite a lot of players use huge ship stands/pegs for their large ships too.

B-Wings and Firesprays need at least 2 pegs though. Are there any others?

Sounds like a manufacturing defect.  I have bought 3 firesprays in my x-wing career and I have never run into this.  I would contact FFG and send them pictures.  They tend to have excellent customer service and will likely send you some new pegs (at the very least).

I was just looking at a magnet thread and noticed all the ships where on two pegs connected together, I hadn't even considered doing this so it may solve my issue if that's the problem as my complaint only stems from a single peg build.

Ah.  I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum and always fly my ships with 2 pegs so I couldn't imagine that you were only using 1.

You are not the only person to have been confused about this, however most ships fly well on 1, 2, or 3 pegs. You are likely to need to vary the number based on wingspan and overlapping issues. Quite a lot of players use huge ship stands/pegs for their large ships too.

Yeah, the Firespray needs two pegs to work. So does the Bwing. So does the Starviper(I'm pretty sure). Also the Tie Defender needs two pegs too, if you want to put any number or TL tokens on the base. Also, the larger, base-over-hanging ships(Kwing, Arc, Tie Punisher, etc)do better with multiple pegs to keep this from bumping other models.

Yeah, the Firespray needs two pegs to work. So does the Bwing. So does the Starviper(I'm pretty sure). Also the Tie Defender needs two pegs too, if you want to put any number or TL tokens on the base. Also, the larger, base-over-hanging ships(Kwing, Arc, Tie Punisher, etc)do better with multiple pegs to keep this from bumping other models.

Starviper I got on one peg just fine, the wing tips come close to the base but they don't touch it. Two pegs would probably look better though.

You can always magnetize the peg with the base, avoiding those annoying moments where you are going to move the ship and the base decides to break free. Because that *will* happen to you. A lot. You gain a little extra height (even more if you also have the ship magnetized to the peg) so you can run with just one.

Edited by Kharnete