Sign in to follow this  
Mackaywarrior

Good K-Wing builds

My current list.

Warden Squadron Pilot (38)
K-Wing (23), Extra Munitions (2), Sabine Wren (2), Conner Net (4), Seismic Charges (2), Advanced SLAM (2), Proximity Mines (3)

Warden Squadron Pilot (36)
K-Wing (23), Extra Munitions (2), Seismic Torpedo (2), Bombardier (1), Conner Net (4), Seismic Charges (2), Advanced SLAM (2)

Biggs Darklighter (26)
X-Wing (25), R4-D6 (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

I have used the seismic torpedoes to good effect to clear an obstacle allowing the other K to do a bombing run. The possibility of a damage from it is not the reason they are there, but it's not unwelcome when it does.

Galaxy Note 7 is an awesome build (by Mark Fletcher) and really fun to fly:

Warden + Advanced Slam + Cluster Mines + EM + Seismic + Chopper crew
Warden + Advanced Slam + Cluster Mines + EM + Seismic + Intel Agent
Warden + Advanced Slam + Cluster Mines + EM + Sabine crew

Needs some practice though. I flew it twice - ironically the first time was the one where I flew it well, and the second time I didn't.

pic3280537_md.jpg

My experience is that you need the dice bombs like cluster and proximity mines to deal with large base ships. Facing large base ship lists is the worst match up for a K bomber list. Too much hull and shields to drop them quickly with ordinance.

K lists love seeing small ship ace lists on the other side of the table. Bread and butter for bombs.

I've done quite well with Galaxy Note 7. 32nd at Worlds, 2nd at Austin Regionals. The list is weak against lots of HP lists, like Quad TLT or Double Ghost Y-Wing. But it utterly destroys Palp Anything and Dengaroo.

I will warn you, Galaxy Note 7 is a tough list to fly. You are playing an entirely different game than your opponent is. You have to be ready to think very differently.

As a rule of thumb, if you need to add control to a list, you take Conner Nets. If you are using bombs as your primary offensive power, you take Cluster Mines. This has only been true since the change to Cluster Mines in the FAQ.