Sign in to follow this  
Crit Happens

Started playing on TTS, and I am very impressed!

If anyone has been considering using table top simulator, and haven't yet tried it out, now is a great time. It's 50% off until the new year.

The automated movement works amazingly well for x wing, and it's nice to have voice chat capabilities so you don't need to do any typing at all during game play.

After playing 4 games, I'm comfortable enough with the system that it takes me the same amount of time for a game as it does in real life. My initial concern was that it would take much longer, but I've been pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to use.

Thanks to those in the TTS community that have contributed to the mods to make it so playable!

I got TTS but after trying a few times to figure out how to use it to play X-Wing I gave up - is there any easy, fast tutorial how to set up things to X-Wing and actually start playing with other people?

I've been on the fence on getting it. I cannot find it now, but I thought I saw that it isn't completely up to date with the released waves.

Any truth to this? 

It's not quite up to date right now indeed. There is at least one 3D model missing (Protectorate Starfighter), but that's still playable with a 2D representation. The TIE Striker is available, but the U-Wing is not at all.

Personally, I initially thought that TTS was a lot better than Vassal. It has 3D, and good automation for movement and actions. But when I really tried out Vassal, I ended up liking that better. Meanwhile I've played 3 games on TTS and 4 games on Vassal, and what I prefer about Vassal is that it's easier on the resources (I'm playing on a notebook), more structured (despite the initial chaos), much faster to update, and doesn't require hacks for SSL connections on OS X.

For a similar reason, I'm slowly but surely moving from Voidstate's builder to "Yet Another" builder - the latter has all the stuff I physically own, while the former doesn't. Expertise, for example, or the 18 and 20 point TIE Striker generics.

Edited by haslo

I love TTS as well, but I certainly hope they get the new ships in soon.  I tried out Vassal briefly and it's not as great visually and it seems monstrously more complicated with all the windows you have to keep open.