Sign in to follow this  
Seabook

How to play with a GR-75 Medium Transport?

Toryn Farr is such a great crew card for the transport. Removing all those defenders' tokens is mad fun. If you play against a Raider? With the double reinforce title, you can just set course for it and ram it in such a way it wont be able to move after that. Once pinned, the rest of your list needs to go around and destroy the rear section~

The only time I tried it I got the first part down but my list wasnt built to endure against the raiders amount of attacks.. x: next time! NEXT TIME!

Also imagine how much of a clusterfrack you create by having that rebel huge... and use the rest of your points on YT1300, YT2400, VCX-100, U-Wing... Chewbacca (old), Han (new), Kanan to reduce opponent dice, Heff to carry Jyn to use on Kanan, Dash (though he will likely get focus fired and destroyed... but thats Epic play, you need to offer a sacrifice to let the rest in and its also just Dash's fate to die for the cause) - add 2 U-Wings or 1 + Miranda... Thats pretty much my next epic list to try for our 20 player epic league :3

Don't forget that Epic ships obstruct LoS like a rock. Quite good if you deploy with care. As said becore a GR 75 must be cheap. Under 50 pts. Maneuver in agresive mode. No weapons means it must die midgame. If you mantain it in the rearguard your Xs will die and then, alone, Turkey Shoot. Ram. Obstruct. Block LoS and protect your vulnerable Mine Layers while aproaching.

I am a big fan of the GR 75. We house ruled that it can equip one Dorsal Turret (Energy 1) because in our experience, 100+ games in the 300-600 pts range, a limited firepower enhanced GR 75 experience. Call it "Field Modification"

Well I don't know if this is the exact care but a transport/carrier works best as a squadron support ship. But they get taken down easily by corvette/raiders. However those big gunships take a lot of points and easily get taken down by (pure) fighter wings.

Also if you want to try a house rule playing with a scum squadron instead check out my kit HERE. (shameless plug ;) )

Think of a GR-75 with 3 Dead Man's Switches :D

Edited by Marinealver

Understand the support role. Choosing to try a different tactic by sending the transport in as point to ram as many as possible and disrupt formations and attack lines. Try to keep my Bs behind it for cover from the major return fire for the 3 dice. Hoping that once the transport dies I will be close enough with the Bs to target the enemy with focused HLC fire.

This is for a team event. We will have 8 Bs with either HLC or proton torps between us and a couple of aces to kite and skirt the furball for the end game.

Who defends the B's from other Huge ship fire? Single Turbolaser doesn't give no craps about 1 agility....

Transport is the only epic ship that I use at this point. Toryn Farr is just too amazing. My typical build ends up with my transport at about 65 points. We do a 2 person, 400pt list that includes it, 8 B's, 4 titled Y's with TLT, 2 X's, and Roark. So many hull and shields for any army to try and whittle through.

This is for a team event. We will have 8 Bs with either HLC or proton torps between us and a couple of aces to kite and skirt the furball for the end game.

Who defends the B's from other Huge ship fire? Single Turbolaser doesn't give no craps about 1 agility....

I covered that in my previous post. The transport has the EM emitter giving any ships behind it an extra 3 green dice. The tactic is to approach the huge ship using the transport for cover into range for the Bs HLCs and proton torps to quickly nullify the huge ship.

I covered that in my previous post. The transport has the EM emitter giving any ships behind it an extra 3 green dice. The tactic is to approach the huge ship using the transport for cover into range for the Bs HLCs and proton torps to quickly nullify the huge ship.

Maybe Nera Dantels with Dash crew?

Ok, well... the Raider and CR 90 (i'm not sure what faction your opponent will be playing) both deploy after the Transport, so they will most likely pick an angle of approach that doesn't shoot through your Transport. The transport has to actually obstruct the attack for EM to work. Not to mention, fly your B's too close and you'll run into one of three problems... either they'll outpace the Transport, the transport will eliminate most of the B's own dial lest you inadvertently damage them, or moving slowly enough to keep everyone together will mean your opponent's other ships will have an easier time getting into a position where they can shoot the formation from the side or the aft. That many B-Wings is too many points tucked behind too little agility in Epic play. A properly kitted Raider alone can fire 5-7 times by itself. I mean, I'm not trying to say that your strategy won't work, but it does have some very open, glaring flaws.

Edited by That One Guy

From what I imagined when seeing the transport, is this, Fly it like you would a semi truck against a 70's movie police highway blockade. Charge right over the Police Tie's and turn them into much scrap metal and ions.

And then allow your friendly firebird X-wing to come flying through right behind you and laugh at all the destroyed Ties....

Keep in mind energy starts at full on your ship and upgrade cards that have an energy value (such as Ionization Reactor or dual laser turret).

I thought this was a tournament rule and the standard Huge Ships rules said that you do not start with any energy unless the missions states otherwise.

Keep in mind energy starts at full on your ship and upgrade cards that have an energy value (such as Ionization Reactor or dual laser turret).

I thought this was a tournament rule and the standard Huge Ships rules said that you do not start with any energy unless the missions states otherwise.

They made an errata a while ago, now Huge ships start with full energy on everything.

They made an errata a while ago, now Huge ships start with full energy on everything.

I don't seem to find any reference for starting energy. It used to be there at all any longer?

What page/paragraph of the FAQ or Rules is the errata you see?

I don't seem to find any reference for starting energy. It used to be there at all any longer?

The answer you seek is here. https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/d1/0a/d10a49e9-6a34-44f9-9881-a640a108d20b/epic_tournament_rules_v32.pdf

Page 4 under Deployment Procedures.

7. Players assign Energy tokens to each of their Huge ships and their equipped secondary weapons up to its energy limit.

The answer you seek is here. https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/d1/0a/d10a49e9-6a34-44f9-9881-a640a108d20b/epic_tournament_rules_v32.pdf

7. Players assign Energy tokens to each of their Huge ships and their equipped secondary weapons up to its energy limit.

Which is NOT the same as ships beginning with full energy on ALL of its upgrades.

Epic ships may not begin with full energy on the ship and secondary weapons.  The DO NOT begin with energy on any of their non-weapon upgrades.  At least TWICE now people have stated that mistake as fact.

Which is NOT the same as ships beginning with full energy on ALL of its upgrades.

Epic ships may not begin with full energy on the ship and secondary weapons.  The DO NOT begin with energy on any of their non-weapon upgrades.  At least TWICE now people have stated that mistake as fact.

Which is why I specifically pulled out line 7? It states what does get energy? I never said -all- the upgrades do.