Sign in to follow this  
Tekwych

BoW: Introduction to Runewars

On their Christmas Weekender XLBS (paid membership needed) Beasts of War have stated (~1:10 into the show) that a weekend long event is in the works bringing together The Army Painter, FFG, BoW staff, and some of the BoW members for an Introduction to Runewars bootcamp. These shows allow people to pay to come to the BoW studios for a weekend and receive game components, paints, and other items then learn form the people who designed those products. Usually a day of assembly and painting, a day of learning the basic game, and a day of adding advanced rules.

BoW is an excellent website for the gaming industry covering news, tips, techniques, and community for gaming. The last 2 years have centered heavily around miniatures and tabletop wargames but they want to expand into boardgames and card games in 2017. They have talked about bringing Arkham Horror: The Card Game to the studio.

Check out the site and look around at all the great free content. Know the the Backstage pass is around 5.00 a month and more than triples the content you get.

Could anybody tell us the date of this planned Runewars Bootcamp and if it will also contain content for the Runewars miniatures game, or only other games within this universe :)?

Iam looking forward to it and can't wait for other news about RTG (Runewars - The Miniatures Game) :)!

The Army Painter Hobby Weekend with Runewars by Fantasy Flight Games at Beasts of War

March 31-April 2
165-185£ (not set yet) ticket includes:
Lodging on Friday and Saturday night (additional nights can be purchased)
Full Copy of Runewars (80.00£)
Paints, Primers, Tools and more from Army Painter (~80-90£)

The emphasis of the weekend will be on the hobby, assembly and painting of the miniatures, with learning the new game second.There will be 24 tickets for the weekend (12 Daqan, 12 Waiqar players). You will spend all of Friday and Saturday morning learning from the team at Army painter how to use their product line to bring your army to life. Saturday afternoon will be learning the mechanics of the new Runewar game. Army Painter will be back in hand Sunday morning and gaming tables opened the rest of the day for gaming.

Tickets will be made available to Backstage members first. Any not sold in the first week will be made available to anyone with a paid or free account at Beasts of War. Ticket for most events go on sale about six weeks in advance.

The Army Painter Hobby Weekend with Runewars by Fantasy Flight Games at Beasts of War

March 31-April 2
165-185£ (not set yet) ticket includes:
Lodging on Friday and Saturday night (additional nights can be purchased)
Full Copy of Runewars (80.00£)
Paints, Primers, Tools and more from Army Painter (~80-90£)

The emphasis of the weekend will be on the hobby, assembly and painting of the miniatures, with learning the new game second.There will be 24 tickets for the weekend (12 Daqan, 12 Waiqar players). You will spend all of Friday and Saturday morning learning from the team at Army painter how to use their product line to bring your army to life. Saturday afternoon will be learning the mechanics of the new Runewar game. Army Painter will be back in hand Sunday morning and gaming tables opened the rest of the day for gaming.

Tickets will be made available to Backstage members first. Any not sold in the first week will be made available to anyone with a paid or free account at Beasts of War. Ticket for most events go on sale about six weeks in advance.

Sounds like awesome event, wish I could go. 

Ticket 165 pounds (200 US Dollars)
Army painter to showcase studio armies
Break out tables available all day every day for gaming
Mass battle (12 on 12 playing on one long table top) on Sunday After noon
Tickets tomorrow 1/29/17 For Backstage members.

2 tickets remaining as of this morning so it looks like a sell out. Should be a very enjoyable weekend. Too get an idea of what to expect or if you are into Flames of War here are links to last weekends FoW

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Edited by Tekwych

I'm planning to announce drkpnthr's #RunewarsDrivewayCon as soon as I see the shipping invoice if you want to drive to the middle of a bunch of cornfields in the midwest and play Runewars straight out of the box on some tables made out of plywood sheeting and saw horses (weather permitting)

Just now, drkpnthr said:

I'm planning to announce drkpnthr's #RunewarsDrivewayCon as soon as I see the shipping invoice if you want to drive to the middle of a bunch of cornfields in the midwest and play Runewars straight out of the box on some tables made out of plywood sheeting and saw horses (weather permitting)

Sounds just as good! I'll be sure to bring my no-doze pills to stay awake as I drive through hours of flat, boring cornfields :)

I'm on it cornfields are a change of scenery from the flatness that is Florida, though probably I will just be at my local gaming store unboxing on a podcast with a buddy...but you all are welcome to travel here! We have beaches! about 60 miles east...

1 hour ago, jek said:

I'm on it cornfields are a change of scenery from the flatness that is Florida, though probably I will just be at my local gaming store unboxing on a podcast with a buddy...but you all are welcome to travel here! We have beaches! about 60 miles east...

and b!tches ? ^^ do you also have to drive 60 miles east to benefit from their presence ^^ 

52 minutes ago, Muz333 said:

You've all got it wrong. We are going to play here, on the heather filled hills where deer, haggis and pheasants run wild.

Haggis? Count me in! And single malt scotch, of course...

Edited by Joker2007
Autocorrect