Sign in to follow this  
Wes Janson

...so many Z-95s

Yeah, it's a significant savings over those, ahem, pricey A-wing squadrons.  They really are a great screen for cheap.  

But man, my 8 flights of readied Z-95's are 'dakka factories', they shoot a bunch, should hit hard, and whiff every time.  That said, they're insanely fun.  Now I need to start bolting some extra barrels and painting big red maws on a few.  There's got to be a picture in here to adequately express my feelings... -rummages-   

I'm interested to know how the YT1300's do, especially if there's a chance at 'All wings report in' or, 'da big red button!' as I've been mentally picturing it.  

Likely Vassal or proxies. No way someone has put together that many Z-95s yet.

Is there even a new vassal module yet?

Sort of. I have a build sitting on my pc, but it has some bad scans, so I haven't bothered uploading it yet. The existing module does, however, have all the squadron models - just not all the cards.

some people pre ordered a long time ago. I could have ordered as many as I ever wanted but only ordered 1 each of the big ships and a copy of CC. but if i ordered 10 each of the fighter packs I would have opened a box of ten each. :) 4 days ago so I could have had them.

The only stopping point for most players ordering 5 is having the money for them at 14.99 each it adds up fast. 74.95 is a lot of money so you can field 9 or 10 Z-95s. and another point is what do you do with 10 Ghosts?? (this is the short coming of how the fighters are packaged :( . never liked mixed bags of minis.

ive been trying to use my 4 VCX in just that way. The idea of moving the jamming barrier around is quite humorous as well lol. If i could somehow use that to cut my opponent's team in half (well, sorta) then that would be awesome. 

Think i need another flotilla though as im having squadron activation issues. Only got the 1 flotilla.

Yeah, it's a significant savings over those, ahem, pricey A-wing squadrons.  They really are a great screen for cheap.  

But man, my 8 flights of readied Z-95's are 'dakka factories', they shoot a bunch, should hit hard, and whiff every time.  That said, they're insanely fun.  Now I need to start bolting some extra barrels and painting big red maws on a few.  There's got to be a picture in here to adequately express my feelings... -rummages-   

I'm interested to know how the YT1300's do, especially if there's a chance at 'All wings report in' or, 'da big red button!' as I've been mentally picturing it.

Red dice go fasta!

Unlike YT1300's, I seem to be able to make Z95's work.  On the other hand I'm not used to my rebels being so easy to pick apart, and they still get pounced pretty quick by Imperials.  Played a 200 point patrol game and my Z95's got butchered.  They got effectively one round of shooting (not to be mistaken for one round of effective shooting).  Love to hear if the YT's help with that rather than being pulled along like a big fat lazy dog. 

Dakka%20fighter_zpsiscritp5.jpg

I do love the fiddly baggers though. 

Lol, no proxies guys, my opponent went all out on squad packs. :lol:

Corellian Campaign opening battle example fleets. Actual campaign starts Wednesday for us.

Rebel Fleet

Assault Frigate MkII B, Expanded Hangers

MC80, Ackbar, Leading Shots

CR90A, TRC

9 Z-95 Squadrons

Lt. Blount (Z-95)

3 YT-1300s

Imperial Fleet

Arquitens Command Cruiser, Ozzel, Enhanced Armament

Arquitens Light Cruiser, Hand of Justice

Raider I, Impetuous

Gozanti Assault Cruisers, Slicer Tools

Gozanti Assault Cruisers, Suppressor

4 TIE Interceptor Squadrons

2 Decimators

Morna Kee (Decimator)

Bossk (Hound's Tooth)

Alright, game done. Rebel Victory. All Z-95s dead except for Blount who hugged the single remaining YT-1300 at the end of the game and proceeded to finish off the last Decimator. Although not one Rebel squadron attacked a single Imperial ship during the game, they did manage to kill 2 Decimators, Morna Kee, Bossk, and 4 flight of TIE Interceptors (43 Damage total) with no help from their ships.

Many of the Z-95's fell victim to anti-squadron fire from 2 Gozanti cruiser flotillas while they were tied up with Imperial fighters. Long story short my Decimators made short work of my opponents ships the previous game, but failed to land a single attack this time because they were choking on Z-95 wreckage. Without the support of their Decimators, 2 Arquitens Light Cruisers lacked the firepower to take out the Assault Frigate MkII, or MC80 by turn 6. Only the CR90 would fall victim to their fire. The Raider I, and both Gozanti's suffered unfortunate single volley deaths when the MC80 had enough of them.

The YT's trailed behind the Z-95s early as my opponent wanted to pin my Decimators. If he waited another turn his YT's would have arrived with them. When they ddid add to the fight however much of the damage was soaked up by them.

Edited by Wes Janson

Coming home from work last night, I purchased a second Rebel Squadron 2 pack with the goal of having four Z-95 squadrons... But now, as I'm opening them, I realize I now only have two squadrons and two unique Lt. Blount squads.

They really should have included two generics in each pack. Am I expected to buy eight expansions to run a fleet with eight Z-95 squads despite owning 16 models at that point?