Sign in to follow this  
RedBarron

Will we see a T-85

I may be late to this game if I am please let me know but, I was reading about Poe the other day and found out about the T-85 X-Wing.

Do you think we will ever see it in miniatures? What would the differences in game be?

Oh well something fun to think about.

great,

if the T-85 ever comes out, but your ass there will be MOAR x-wing fix threads

Ahh Fickle, Merry Christmas! Wouldn't need them if it was good. T-70 is pretty decent , and as such we don't hear much about it. It would probably have to be priced like an E-Wing though, so people would complain about that...

This is a question that is out of our hands...

Mostly because it's sort of out of ffg's hands too.

If there's a T-85 and it gets a decent amount of attention in the film(s) then ffg will be more or less obligated to include it in the game.

At which point the cynic in me wonders what kind of stats such a beast would possess, and more importantly how many points that would cost.

I can only imagine that the T-85 (if it were to exist) would have at least one more dice (either red or green) than the T-70, and such a thing (rightfully so) is going to push it into (and possibly beyond) E-wing/TIE Defender territory.

Why the T-85? We already have the T-70 but if we get another x-wing it has to be the T-85? I guess the T-71, T-72, T-73 ... T-84 isn't good enough for you?

BTW, it would seem we will be getting a more advanced A-wing.

we have enough issues finding reasons to field the T65 over the T70, or making "fixes" for them that wouldnt completely shadow the other.

Dont need a third. For that reason alone i hope this is never a thing.

StealthX on the other hand....

It's hilarious how XJ3s and Chiss Clawcraft are still better than the Disney counterparts. Even the Starhunter would outgun those dingy T-70s and FOs.

My question is, how will they differentiate the T-85 from the T-70. From watching the battle of star killer base, the T-70 pretty much still outperforms the Tie/FO easily. And the scene at Takodana, where Poe (though the best pilot arguably since Wedge) ran circles around Tie/FOs and I believe I saw Tie/SFs. Would be interesting to see if the Defender schematics from Rebels, never end up completed, but the First Order revives the project and upgrades them to make them outperform T-70s by a great amount. Pave way for the introduction of Republic supplied T-85s... Just a thought

It would seem to me that the T-85 would best be added to the game by a Title modification that "upgrades" the T-70.

Yeah people said that about the TIE/SF, too.

We don't even know what a T-85 looks like. If it looks even a LITTLE different you can bet your bottom dollar that it'll be a brand new ship.

By the time of Force Awakens the T-70 is an outdated starfighter, which is why the Resistance uses it, the New Republic however used the more advanced T-85. I think Poe flied one in one of teh books before he joins the Resistance. 

From the way sources like the Databank and the TFA Incredible Cross Sections portray it - the T-70 is pretty modern - I see the T-85 as very new and not very numerous - a bit like the F22 Raptor as compared to the F-15 - the F-22 is cutting edge - but it hasn't replaced the F-15, which still serves.