Sign in to follow this  
WonderWAAAGH

Carrie Fisher suffers 'massive' heart attack.

I swear I saw an Off-Topic forum somewhere around here.

I really hope you are not serious dude.

It may not be in the best taste, but he's right.  This is not X-Wing related.
100% agree, these forums are Sirius Bidinizz, what with discussing plastic space ships and all.

Pew pew.

I do like how he makes one disrespectful post in a thread that should be about wellwishing, and there's, like, a half a dozen people making disrespectful posts telling him to stfu in a thread that should be about wellwishing.

Way to become what you hate, scumbags!

Of course, now I've made this post telling the people who tell him to stfu, to stfu, so that makes me a double scumbag!

Edited by DarthEnderX

I do like how he makes one disrespectful post in a thread that should be about wellwishing, and there's, like, a half a dozen people making disrespectful posts telling him to stfu in a thread that should be about wellwishing.

Way to become what you hate, scumbags!

Of course, now I've made this post telling the people who tell him to stfu, to stfu, so that makes me a double scumbag!

I see whatcha did there... ;)

I'm not a medical professional, but I assume 15 minutes is long enough to have done some kind of brain damage. Hope I'm wrong.

According to www.spinalcord.com:

Between 30-180 seconds of oxygen deprivation, you may lose consciousness.

• At the one-minute mark, brain cells begin dying.
  • At three minutes, neurons suffer more extensive damage, and lasting brain damage becomes more likely.
  • At five minutes, death becomes imminent.
  • At 10 minutes, even if the brain remains alive, a coma and lasting brain damage are almost inevitable.
  • At 15 minutes, survival becomes nearly impossible.

It doesn't look good from a cold numbers perspective... hopefully some miracle happens that allows her to maintain at least a semblance of a normal life. :(

Edited by Millennium Falsehood

Number one: when one of the Big Three has a serious turn for the worse in their health, it is relevant to a SW forum, whether it's primarily about plastic toys or not

Number two: I am a paramedic and know just a bit about CPR. The 15 minutes the paramedics would have worked her before getting pulses back would have included ventilations with 100% supplemental oxygen. This, and with adequate CPR and whatever medications they used can be sufficient to oxygenate the brain and other vital organs. (by the way, no pulses = dead, so technically she did 'die') the question becomes what the time of pulselessness was before the paramedics were able to board the plane. The fact they got pulses back in less than 20 minutes is a good sign. What I don't see in any reports is whether defibrillation was performed or which cardiac artery (or arteries) were occluded that led to the myocardial infarction and then cardiac arrest. There's a lot of info missing from any media report, at least as far as medical conditions are concerned.

Number three: our princess-general needs our support, so stop griping about silly things and get your **** together.

There is word that at least a nurse if not a doctor was aboard that flight. What medical equipment was aboard I am not sure, but reports are CPR was given for a cardiac event. It may have been an infraction, most likely, but we don't know. The information about the time, etc., I think that came from a you tube star on board, so who knows what the truth is.

Also, she is a public figure but medical information is private. We will be told only what her and her family wishes to be released. Hopefully what we do learn is better news than the hearsay we got so far.

CGI Carrie in Rogue One was great, CGI Carrie in EP9, NO NO NO.

Tragic and poorly timed, to be sure. Someone must feel awful about themselves.

Someone must be double happy because this will generate even more clicks and thus more revenue.

The irony is that the hoax came before the event.

I'm not a medical professional, but I assume 15 minutes is long enough to have done some kind of brain damage. Hope I'm wrong.

• At three minutes, neurons suffer more extensive damage, and lasting brain damage becomes more likely.
  • At 10 minutes, even if the brain remains alive, a coma and lasting brain damage are almost inevitable.
It doesn't look good from a cold numbers perspective... hopefully some miracle happens that allows her to maintain at least a semblance of a normal life. :(

15 minutes of CPR isn't the same as 15 minutes no oxygen. Even if you just pump to keep the blood flowing and don't give mouth to mouth you provide extra oxygen due to the chest compressions. That's why they now teach you to always do chest compressions, but mouth to mouth is optional and if you are alone best to be skipped in order to be able to keep going as long as possible. Edited by Dagonet

It doesn't look good from a cold numbers perspective... hopefully some miracle happens that allows her to maintain at least a semblance of a normal life.

She was supposedly receiving CPR for most of that time though, so she wasn't completely oxygen deprived.  

My friend posted this on Facebook, "To everyone confused and lost. I received this news through a source that works with law enforcement, through a city owned cell phone a message was sent. Fischer passed earlier tonight in Los Angeles."

If true RIP Princess and may the force be with you forever always

My friend posted this on Facebook, "To everyone confused and lost. I received this news through a source that works with law enforcement, through a city owned cell phone a message was sent. Fischer passed earlier tonight in Los Angeles."

If true RIP Princess and may the force be with you forever always

Bobby Fischer?

Bugger off with the unconfirmed crap please. Ta.