Sign in to follow this  
DirbYh

Tie Striker 'fix'

First off fix was written in such a way as to imply "air quotes" - a representation of sarcasm.

Second, as per the visual guide from Rogue One, the striker is apparently equipped with the standard chin TIE lasers, wingtip lasers, and heavy lase cannons under the cockpit. Also, it is equipped with proton bombs.

Nope, not needed for the game, don't try to turn the TIE Striker in to a imperial Heavy Scyk

He is just trying to modify the TIE Striker to better represent the info given in the "Rogue One Ultimate Visual Guide".

Heavyweight Frame

Modification. Tie Striker only. 

Your ship gains a cannon and a bomb slot.

I would change the cannon slot by a crew slot. The visual guide mentions the presence of a gunner, and it could be argued that the Primary Weapon value already represents the six laser cannons.

Or make a "TIE Striker Only" modification card which adds a Proton Bomb Bay without adding any Crew or Bomb slot. The presence of the gunner manning the proton bomb bay would already be represented by the rules in that Modification card, maybe as a free action after your movement which lets you to drop a Proton Bomb token. That would prevent you from equipping your TIE Striker with Crew or Bomb upgrades, but it would still represent the presence of a gunner and a proton bomb bay.

Edited by Agrivar

As FGD hasn't said it yet.....

GAMEPLAY>>>>>>>>>>>FLUFF

This is a game set in the Star Wars Universe, not a 100% factual representation of the ships set in Star Wars.

Whilst it would be interesting for modifications or titles to come out to show different load outs, I think there are a lot more ships in the queue in front of the Striker.

In my game yesterday, my squad of Wampa, Lockdown, Pure Sabacc (sp?), and a fully loaded Inquisitor performed perfectly against a Fat Han and Poe list. Strikers aren't the star of the game, but they contribute greatly. DOA is a ridiculous statement.

Han & Poe is a pretty bad list, though, by modern standards.

The ship's only been out for a week. A week!

Some of us have played with it for quite some time.

I haven't even had a chance to play the Striker and there's already a "fix" thread?

Why not? :)

What is its intended role?

Cheap aces? we have those and they are better

Arc-dodger? we have those and they are better

Fast flanker? we have those and they are better

Durable jousters? we have those (and the Striker is the exact opposite of durable) and wait for it...

..they are better

Having said that, it is a very fun ship to fly, in casual games.