Sign in to follow this  
iGniGhted

Blood on the Alter

Finally.  I have been frantically searching for word of a new Mythos pack, as well as the delivery date for Dunwich Legacy and the rest.

Just too bad it will come after my holiday break.

Blood Pact  :o

gonna be good for a last turn Hurrah!

i really love the idea of them just coming into play at the start of the game. like, this is my investigator, they've been through some stuff..

also, does anyone have the leak of the new Necronomicon Wormius Translation? a link to the leak, i'm curious what else may have been spoiled.

Edited by iGniGhted

Huh. Wow. Having permanents for skill boosts is pretty amazing. Blood Pact sounds like it would be REALLY good for Mary Lambeau (https://arkhamdb.com/card/99001) the promo that came out with the investigators book. I would actually bet that she's going to come out in that pack. You throw a doom token on there for a +3 and hope you draw a elder sign from the bag before it becomes relevant. In the meantime you gain a fourth action for spells each turn. Seems pretty manageable to me. 

I wonder if the other permanents will be variations on those two or will be different each time. I'd like to see something more like Keen Eye's function but boosts Willpower instead. I imagine the one for Seeker will probably cost clues, I wouldn't be surprised if the rogue one had something to do with money. Hmm, the survivor one may be interesting, blow cards maybe? I'd be curious to see it. 

Huh. Wow. Having permanents for skill boosts is pretty amazing. Blood Pact sounds like it would be REALLY good for Mary Lambeau (https://arkhamdb.com/card/99001) the promo that came out with the investigators book. I would actually bet that she's going to come out in that pack. You throw a doom token on there for a +3 and hope you draw a elder sign from the bag before it becomes relevant. In the meantime you gain a fourth action for spells each turn. Seems pretty manageable to me. 

I wonder if the other permanents will be variations on those two or will be different each time. I'd like to see something more like Keen Eye's function but boosts Willpower instead. I imagine the one for Seeker will probably cost clues, I wouldn't be surprised if the rogue one had something to do with money. Hmm, the survivor one may be interesting, blow cards maybe? I'd be curious to see it. 

Mary Lambeau and Grotesque Statue, that raises your chance to get an Elder Sign from 1/16 to 1/8 in the core set scenarios  1/8.5 in scenario 3. verrry interesting. however this combo takes up 9XP granted you took 2 Statues.

*scratch that... sadly Marie cannot get the Grotesque Statue because she can only ****** level 3 mystic cards. My first time looking at her, sorry.

Edited by iGniGhted

Spending clues for an effect probably won't ever happen on player cards since most scenarios have a limited pool and you need to spend them to advance the act.

In all likelihood they will mostly follow Keen Eye's template of costing 2 resources and giving +1 for the phase.

Spending clues for an effect probably won't ever happen on player cards since most scenarios have a limited pool and you need to spend them to advance the act.

In all likelihood they will mostly follow Keen Eye's template of costing 2 resources and giving +1 for the phase.

I'm not sure I agree. It would be odd that Mystic would be the only one of the 5 disciplines that would have a different function than the rest. I'm guessing if they're showing us two different functions then they're doing so for a reason. Either all 5 have unique mechanics or not all 5 have a permanent in that fashion. Many scenarios do have extra clues, but you're probably right. They may be using another mechanic seen in seeker, or changing the difficulty of a test to match the shroud or something. I can see different options working for that. 

Mary Lambeau and Grotesque Statue, that raises your chance to get an Elder Sign from 1/16 to 1/8 in the core set scenarios  1/8.5 in scenario 3. verrry interesting. however this combo takes up 9XP granted you took 2 Statues.

*scratch that... sadly Marie cannot get the Grotesque Statue because she can only ****** level 3 mystic cards. My first time looking at her, sorry.

****, I was just about to say what a good idea that was. :P I'd be curious to see if there will be any spells outside of Mystic for Mary. I wonder if there any seeker or survivor cards that might be good for her for token draws.

Edited by VermillionDe

I'm not sure I agree. It would be odd that Mystic would be the only one of the 5 disciplines that would have a different function than the rest. I'm guessing if they're showing us two different functions then they're doing so for a reason. Either all 5 have unique mechanics or not all 5 have a permanent in that fashion. Many scenarios do have extra clues, but you're probably right. They may be using another mechanic seen in seeker, or changing the difficulty of a test to match the shroud or something. I can see different options working for that.

Well, yeah, most scenarios have like... 1 or 2 extra clues. Not nearly enough to be spending for an effect like this unless you have a reusable method for adding new clues from the bank. Which AFAIK only exists in Devourer, COTR (when the Rougarou moves) and Carnevale (one location can gain new clues when it has none left.)

I can see taking a penalty to another skill, discarding cards (would have to be 2 cards for +1 to a single test to be balanced), or losing an action as potential costs. Seekers have probably the best draw, so 2 cards for +1 to a skill test makes sense for them. Rogues get Leo de Luca and a free action (pay 2 for an extra action with Skids or get an extra resource per round with Jenny,) so that class makes sense for like a "lose 1 action for +2 to X skill this round" ability. Survivors of course have effects like Look What I Found! and Rabbit's Foot where you get a benefit from failing a skill test, so they're a natural fit for something like "Gain +1 to skill W and skill X but -1 to skill Y and Skill Z until end of round (you cannot use this if skill Y or Skill Z is 0.)"

Edited by Xenu's Paradox

I love the art on the location cards, it's amazing. I'm also excited for all of the new cards coming out in this campaign, it seems like we'll have plenty of builds once the first cycle is completed.

2 cards for a +1 is pretty awful, since you are likely to have at least one icon you could commit. I could see discarding two cards, but maybe for a +3 for a single test.

Depends on the icons. If it provides +1 to any skill? Absolutely worth it.

It could be something as simple as "Whenever you discard cards for skill icons, gain +1 to that skill test". Thereby increasing the value of your discarded cards without losing the detriment, and in this way you'd still have to have a card with the appropriate symbols. 

2 cards for a +1 is pretty awful, since you are likely to have at least one icon you could commit. I could see discarding two cards, but maybe for a +3 for a single test.

That would be better, but it is more likely to be like all the talent cards we have seen so far and only apply bonuses to two skills.  I assume there will be more generalized talent cards in the future (for high cost), but I think we're too early in the game for that.

****, I was just about to say what a good idea that was. :P I'd be curious to see if there will be any spells outside of Mystic for Mary. I wonder if there any seeker or survivor cards that might be good for her for token draws.

I don't think Marie will drop with this pack (though I could be wrong) as investigators seem to appear with the big deluxe boxes. While blood pact would be very good on Marie, you also have consider that it is not a lvl 0 card and her "recommended starting deck" won't be able to list it. While it fits with her abilities, I think they're just trying to add some risk/reward mechanics and mystic is definitely the class type for those sorts of cards.

Also, just a note, the singer lady is Marie not Mary. They may introduce a Mary later (Sister Mary, a nun) and it may have you confused if you internalize the name with the singer, lol. Only mentioning it because I saw two different people call her that here.

I don't think Marie will drop with this pack (though I could be wrong) as investigators seem to appear with the big deluxe boxes. While blood pact would be very good on Marie, you also have consider that it is not a lvl 0 card and her "recommended starting deck" won't be able to list it. While it fits with her abilities, I think they're just trying to add some risk/reward mechanics and mystic is definitely the class type for those sorts of cards.

Also, just a note, the singer lady is Marie not Mary. They may introduce a Mary later (Sister Mary, a nun) and it may have you confused if you internalize the name with the singer, lol. Only mentioning it because I saw two different people call her that here.

My assumption that Mary will be included in that pack is definitely conjecture, but I also know that Netrunner will on occasion include a character in a pack so I think we still could see that. Still, with nothing on the table but two big box's we really won't know until the spoilers start rolling in so, fingers crossed. 

Yeah, the risk reward vibe is strong in mystic. Fortunately it's also one of my favorite playstyles so the amount of gushing I've been doing over all the new mystic cards warrants a towel (or, like, a stronger sense of decency). At this point Jim Culver is one more clever trick away from being waifu.

I'm fine with characters needing to spend some experience before picking up a stronger planned upgrade. It forces you to become familiar with their basic mechanics and with Marie I think that's warranted. Speaking of risk/reward, she gambles the whole table on her ability set. I feel like that's something you definitely need to get used to with training wheels before you bring out the big guns. 

My assumption that Mary will be included in that pack is definitely conjecture, but I also know that Netrunner will on occasion include a character in a pack so I think we still could see that.

They would have to include a mini card with every investigator. I assume that printing, cutting, stacking, wrapping and boxing of the cards is fully automated and I imagine that adding a single card to every pack could be too much trouble...

They would have to include a mini card with every investigator. I assume that printing, cutting, stacking, wrapping and boxing of the cards is fully automated and I imagine that adding a single card to every pack could be too much trouble...

Urk, point for Samea. Yeah, that's probably not going to happen then. 

I suspect that she will be available in a some kind of companion product not related to the main cycle. Something like Saga expansion for LotR or Campaing expansions for Netrunner. I suspect it will be released somewhere late spring 2017.

I don't think she is from next Deluxe, because that is scheduled around August 2017. I think it is too big gap between a preview/teaser and actual release of a product.

I suspect that she will be available in a some kind of companion product not related to the main cycle. Something like Saga expansion for LotR or Campaing expansions for Netrunner. I suspect it will be released somewhere late spring 2017.

I don't think she is from next Deluxe, because that is scheduled around August 2017. I think it is too big gap between a preview/teaser and actual release of a product.

In the world of game development and printing and shipping... etc, 7 months isn't really that long of a span of time.

She is from the next deluxe set.  Not only is the next set already designed, the set after that is probably wrapping up dev right now.

Blood Pact is great, if you know the agenda deck is advancing next turn.

It's nice that Talents are permanent, so you know you'll definitely going to be getting use from them, rather than relying on drawing them from your deck. Very interested on what the other 3 Talents will be.

Edited by Daft Blazer