Sign in to follow this  
Stoneface

Hoth Open 4.2. Illegal cloak by Whisper?

Has anyone watched the 4.2 elimination round? Did Whisper perform an illegal cloak after a k turn? It doesn't look like a stress token was used after the turn and she used Advanced Cloaking Device after the attack.

This takes place about half way through the round. Did I miss something or was this a goof by someone?

Has anyone watched the 4.2 elimination round? Did Whisper perform an illegal cloak after a k turn? It doesn't look like a stress token was used after the turn and she used Advanced Cloaking Device after the attack.

This takes place about half way through the round. Did I miss something or was this a goof by someone?

I just loved this sheanigan when i pulled it myself: kturn stress to yorr - shoot, cloak :

-"<triggered> HEY BUT  YOU CANNOT CLOAK ,YOU KTURNED!!"

-"so?"

Indeed. If you can save the handful of points, upgrading Palpatine's ride to Captain Yorr is a very nice option for non-TIE Defender Aces, allowing the odd K-turn and a degree of immunity from stress-dealing attackers. With Latts Razzi it's an especially annoying trick, as the 'burn a stress for an evade' is a big part of Assaj Ventress' defence.

Hoth 4.2, so that would be Brad Miller v Darwin Schafer. (3)JM5K vs Mynock Special. The Special is Whisper, Omega Leader (Lockdown) and Yorr. If I remember correctly, Yorr replaced OGP because of stresshogs. pulling stress from whisper from the k turn was just a side benefit

Hoth 4.2, so that would be Brad Miller v Darwin Schafer. (3)JM5K vs Mynock Special. The Special is Whisper, Omega Leader (Lockdown) and Yorr. If I remember correctly, Yorr replaced OGP because of stresshogs. pulling stress from whisper from the k turn was just a side benefit

I used same list for long time: Stresshog was the reason why Yorr was included true.

But it gives enough benefit by itself in OL/Whisp list to include him every time:

-cloak after kturn

-actions after sloop

-mitigation of debris effects 

I won many games just by being able to have more options to fly. Decloak in a way of debris cause you can ignore it and opponent didn't conider that? Priceless. Not to mention OL slooping for 3 turns in a row can be....nuisance for the enemy :D

Edited by Vitalis