Sign in to follow this  
Azraiel

Righteous Deeds and Light Side Actions

I vaguely recall reading or somewhere on these forums about rolling a second morality die (and presumably picking the highest?) as a reward for being especially heroic and/or in tune with the light side during a session. I'm trying to find where I saw it but I'm drawing a blank and have all but given up, although I am certain I saw it *somewhere*. Is this an optional rule, perhaps from a supplement I don't own yet? Or maybe some house rule someone's come up with?

Either way I'm curious as to the source, and also what you guys would consider sufficiently light side to warrant such a reward.

That's correct. It's an ending reward for the mini-adventure "The Light Within". If the PCs purified a Force Vergence the GM can, as an optional reward, let them roll 2D10 at the end instead of one. Since this is a special reward for a rather unique event I'd be careful about letting it become a common occurrence.

Krieger22's on the mark about this.  The one published instance it does happen in the RPG, the PCs are pretty much reclaiming a vergence from the dark side of the Force, which itself shouldn't be a common occurrence.

As things stand, so long as your character doesn't garner more than 3 or 4 points of Conflict each session, you're going to find your Morality going up.  It's been enough of a concern that countless threads have spawned over how Morality was "broken" when in a great many cases the core issue was the GM wasn't setting up situations for the PCs where they'd have a genuine chance to earn significant Conflict if they took the "quick and easy" solution to a dilemma.

Good to know, thanks.

I'm curious because a house rule or two has been applied to morality at my table that has, in my opinion, broken the morality system. If I can't get the RAW restored, I can at least bring Light Side rewards to the GM's attention.

Last session especially was filled with utterly selfless heroics that deserve recognition, including a PC taking an already damaged tramp freighter, and flying it solo to the rescue of a hamlet which was currently under orbital bombardment from an Imperial I-Class Star Destroyer. She was frantically darting and weaving through the rain of laser fire, making nail biting dust-off after dust-off until she had saved every single living soul left, cramming about twenty people aboard her tiny ship and making off like a bandit with squadrons of TIE's screaming in to try and finish the job. She's not even a great pilot, she just saw what was right and went for it.

Pure Light Side heroics.

Edited by Azraiel