Sign in to follow this  
JimCrim

What Lies Within - DLC - new scenario lands

The app on the UK iOS store doesn't seem to let you buy the DLC - it's just marked as unavailable with no links to buy it.

Is that the same worldwide, e.g. waiting for midnight to be available, or does it sound like a bug?

(EDIT: Steam shows a link/button to buy the DLC, the iOS app just shows 'unavailable' in its place.)

Edited by Judgement Dave

iOS user here.  I downladed the app update, but it does not allow for purchases.  Rather when it comes to "select investigator" in the new scenario, the UNAVAILABLE flag is up, but there is no indication how to purchase the DLC and even clicking the shopping cart button provides no feedback.

$5 seems to cheap for 2-4 hours entertainment for 2-5 people.  They really should up the cost so that they can justify making more of these.

The purchase special effect is pretty cool.

Up the cost??? How about lowering it!

So, do we have to buy it on each platform we might be using? It's $7.99 on the Australian iOS App Store, and I'm sure as hell not going to pay for it twice to have access to it on my PC tablet as well.

I'm giving serious thought to not buying it at all. That's very expensive for one scenario, and it looks like it doesn't use the expansion tiles or monsters either! shake

Disappointing cash grab from FFG/Asmodee.

Cash grab?  Doubling the cost of gasoline is a cash grab.  Selling a game that you don't need at a reasonable price is not.

Its wicked cheap compared to 4 people going to a movie or a concert.  Heck if I want to rent the movie "Ratchet & Clank" on Amazon its $4.99, $9.99 if I want to own it so I can view it as often as I want.

I would prefer a company makes more money off of DLC so that they are incentivized to make more DLC scenarios.

I would never recommend you buy it on multiple platforms, seems like spending more money for little benefit.

I think the best way to handle dlc's it s to create an account and to be able to play on any device. If i will buy it on ios and i will have problems with my tablet, why should i buy it again on android platform or pc?? It s not so hard to develop.

I think the best way to handle dlc's it s to create an account and to be able to play on any device. If i will buy it on ios and i will have problems with my tablet, why should i buy it again on android platform or pc?? It s not so hard to develop.

I agree.   I only have a mobile and a laptop from work, I can't afford a tablet as well.  For at home, I want to use the laptop, but if I play somewhere else, especially with limited table space, I might want to use my mobile, or possibly a friend's tablet.  If I buy the DLC on one device, it must be available on all and every device I might use in the future.

Something that bothers me about the concept of apps for games.  With any boardgame I have, I know that in 50 years I can still play them.  But will FFG guarantee compatibility with devices in 10 years?  Or even 5 years?

Wow, never thought in a million years I would hear people complain about $5 for a DLC scenario. Wow lol. Think of the value for that 5 bucks. 5 bucks buys you a specialty drink at Starbucks. Maybe a value meal at McDonalds? Gets you a few miles down the road in gas?

This is great value and the cross platform thing is an entirely separate problem from the cost.  They can't solve that problem, it isn't up to them, again -it is not FFG's fault- all they can do is provide it to the avenues they have at their disposal.

The only option would be to go iOS or Android ONLY to force you to adapt to one account type. I wouldn't mind buying this on multiple platforms if need be, as others have said it's the same price as renting a movie for the night. You're at a friends, forgot your iPad but you can get it on Steam or whatever, 5 bucks and you're playing for the whole night. I used to rent video games for more than that back in the day for one night lol.

If anything buying multi platform just supports the model and will help produce more DLC content in the future. It is for that same reason everyone should be d/ling the app on multiple devices and Road to Legend :D 

I just played the scenario this morning. My map used tiles from forbidden alchemy and call of the wild, so the expansions are very well supported.

I played a 2 player solo game and just barely won. One investigator had been eliminated, and so I was on my last investigator phase and managed to win. Very cool scenario!

I have bought it from Play Store in my tablet, but it dosn't synchronize in each android device (smartphones and other tablets). Just wait 10 minutes :rolleyes:

Edited by gran_orco

Sorry for possible bad English and possible disappointment feelings passed but I just have to share this. Maybe it gets to someone it matters.

I can agree that 5$ is not much for 4-5 people to have fun for a few nights. BUT, this IS a game that already costs 100+$ and comes with very limited replayability value. It has few scenarios that are not even close to replayable more than 3 times each, and you will not play a scenario you won any time soon. It just feels unfinished.

Compare it with Descent, a totally app-free game that already has tons of scenarios. It got an app mode that is awesome and it gets new campaigns and game mods FOR FREE!! For the newest one you just need an expansion to get a whole new campaign (not mention that the expansion comes with its own campaign). I'd very much rather buy a whole expansion to play a free ~15 night game which is replayable at least once than waste couple of hundreds of dollars on MofM just to have to buy short story scenarios that I can play less than 5 times. You can also spend 100s more dollars to get 2 more game nights with new expansions /wink wink/

That is some lame management. I'm very sad it's is going in this direction. The point is to attract people with lots of scenarios (not to mention campaigns which could be mind blowingly awesome), so they'll buy more of your games and expansions and mini expansions, and so on.. not to earn on app dlc! This looks like EA games of board games. Selling gorgeous expensive unfinished products just to patch them with expensive dlc-s. In the end the game is good but is it worth it?

My opinion is that i will never suggest MofM for someone to buy, nor will I buy any expansions for myself. I'll probably buy the dlc just not to waste the 100+$ I already spent. It is a very very sad thing. The potential this game has is greater than any other. This could have been my favorite game of all time. Investigations, app driven multiple choices and multiple consequences, exploration, role playing game with awesome stories and atmosphere. I would not think twice about buying every single expansion. But as the things currently are, I am very disappointed and I can just hope someone else will get to lead this product in the future.