Sign in to follow this  
NightwindKing

Future "Scum" Faction?

Where did you hear that Rebels was ending?

Read an interview that Im sure is up on google but cant remember the name...either the director or the disney exec said they would be done with the next season to replace it with a new show, because Rebels is just meant to lead up to Rogue One.

Disney paid in advance for 5 seasons.  They're already halfway through the Third, and the Voice Actors have said they've alreayd worked on Season 4s dialog...

It is ending.

At the end of Season 5, as initially planned.

I certainly hope it continues, if for no other reason than to be a steady source of new pew pew laser ships to add to my games.

Edited by pasewi

So many people posting to say this is a horrible idea. lol. Ok, Im done. Mods feel free to delete this thread, since I cant find a way to do it myself.

For the last time: I did NOT intend to ask whether you thought it would be a good idea or even whether you LIKE the idea, because I really dont care. I am ONLY asking A: "Would FFG ever consider making a scum faction?" and B: "If there WERE scum ships added, what would you like to see?" :) Thats it.

I have absolutely no desire to hear all the naysayers complain about how they hate it and its a horrible idea. I REALLY didnt ask that lol.

Never heard the whole "if you dont have anything nice to say..."? Lol tho I suppose this is the internet so what was I expecting...

You got answers to your asked question. But since the answer to A was No, See This List Why, there wasn't much point in B, which you did also get. Friendly advice, being passive-aggressive on this forum gets you nowhere fast.

To answer your questions, no, I don't think FFG will do it, because of all the reasons everyone else has already listed, but if they did, and it was a way for me to get my Clone Wars fix, I'm all for it.

Where did you hear that Rebels was ending?

Read an interview that Im sure is up on google but cant remember the name...either the director or the disney exec said they would be done with the next season to replace it with a new show, because Rebels is just meant to lead up to Rogue One.

Disney paid in advance for 5 seasons.  They're already halfway through the Third, and the Voice Actors have said they've alreayd worked on Season 4s dialog...

It is ending.

At the end of Season 5, as initially planned.

I certainly hope it continues, if for no other reason than to be a steady source of new pew pew laser ships to add to my games.

5 seasons is enough to add a lot of pew pew

It would be nice. I often find 3 to be the magic number with Strategy games such as Star Craft. Having 3 factions does keep the mirror aka blue-on-blue matches down. That being said it is unlikely going to have a Scum faction. The fact that all the Scum ships from X-wing are getting divided among the two factions is a clear indicator that Scum will not be a faction. Face it the competitive Armada scene just isn't there.

Google Tyber Zahn

(They plunder empire at war at will...why stop now.)

I'm gonna be the guy to say this: there will always be purists out there who will crap on anything that doesn't fit in between the lines, yet there are some of us who just enjoy painting squadrons, and pushing around new ships.

I say...go for a scum faction. Tyber Zahn is the best pick of them all. 

As always I see a lot of people that say that Scum doesnt have Capital Ships, not in canon or EU.
False.
Zahn Consortium, check his fleet HERE 
They have fighters, medium ships, and 2 capital ships.
Also remember that FFG have capacity to design new ships, as he did with the  Imperial Raider.

Also remember that this is a game. No one cares if it is realistic that a third part faction could struggle agains Imps or Rebels. Maybe they can in a battle, but not on a war.

So many people posting to say this is a horrible idea. lol. Ok, Im done. Mods feel free to delete this thread, since I cant find a way to do it myself.

For the last time: I did NOT intend to ask whether you thought it would be a good idea or even whether you LIKE the idea, because I really dont care. I am ONLY asking A: "Would FFG ever consider making a scum faction?" and B: "If there WERE scum ships added, what would you like to see?" :) Thats it.

I have absolutely no desire to hear all the naysayers complain about how they hate it and its a horrible idea. I REALLY didnt ask that lol.

Never heard the whole "if you dont have anything nice to say..."? Lol tho I suppose this is the internet so what was I expecting...

If you didn't want all of the hate, you could have looked back at the dozens of threads that talk about adding a 3rd faction.

They pop up every 2-3 weeks, and including this one.

A: No I don't think FFG will make scum.

B: I'd like Mandalorions from the Old Sith wars.

If you don't like my answer, don't ask the question :D

If you didn't want all of the hate, you could have looked back at the dozens of threads that talk about adding a 3rd faction.

Mandos are also acceptable, provided I get the Keldabe. I know the Zann Consortium was OP as all get-out, but for some reason I always liked that design.

Nothing about Tyber Zahn's story impressed me. It sounded like the plot for a fanfiction starring a wish fulfillment Mary sue. The personal apprentice of Jabba? Who is BFFs with a night-sister riding a rancor? Who steals the ultra-secret eclipse but decides to give it back just because? The personal enemy of Thrawn himself? Stealing TIE Defenders? If all this is true, it feels that it's trying too hard to be edgy and jumps the shark really hard. I'm happy if he and his faction can sit in the same canon-limbo box as the equally ridiculous Yuuzan Vong.

So I really can't take calls for the Zahn faction as a 3rd party seriously. I'm already astounded that a Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds unit of all things was given the grace of FFG's attention in X-Wing over other fighters fans have been clamoring for (Assault Gunboat!). The TIE Punisher is literally a TIE bomber with extra pods glued on: The patron saint of lazy Star Wars starfighter design. Last thing FFG needs to do is legitimize a Mary sue character in one of the miniatures games.

Say what you want about the quality and writing of Empire at War as a whole.

But the Consortium ship designs were great, and I would love to have them on the table.

They can delay the Tie Punisher/K-Wing expansion if they want.

There needs to be a 40K mod for Empire at War.

Mandos are also acceptable, provided I get the Keldabe. I know the Zann Consortium was OP as all get-out, but for some reason I always liked that design.

I want Mandalorions without the stupid scum influence. A real military, not a band of pirates.

I want Mandalorions without the stupid scum influence. A real military, not a band of pirates.

That band of pirates somehow managed to knock of Kuat Shipyard's, steal an ESSD, deuce an SSD and give the Alliance a bloody nose.

If anything, Rogue One should show us all that the Rebel Alliance wasn't the only group fighting...sure it was small but it leaves the door open.

Part of starwars is that it is a massive galaxy...Pirate forces don't directly challenge the empire...that's stupid and like the Rebellion they adopt hit and fade tactics, they loot and pillage...that's what makes them interesting. 

I vote for Zahn being added because: he already has a line of ships that can fill a wave in on itself

I mean C'mon guys...these are new ships that could easily influence a wave...and if anything I can tell that the Empire isn't everywhere.

Also consider the guys in X-wing who use scum only...once they see a scum wave for Armada...we got more buddies to play with.

(Besides a Kedelbi battleship would be cool!)

Edited by Gottmituns205

Also consider the guys in X-wing who use scum only...once they see a scum wave for Armada...we got more buddies to play with.

In my experience - with the crap they've put me through - I'm not entirely convinced I'd want a great lot of them to move over.

That band of pirates somehow managed to knock of Kuat Shipyard's, steal an ESSD, deuce an SSD and give the Alliance a bloody nose.

If anything, Rogue One should show us all that the Rebel Alliance wasn't the only group fighting...sure it was small but it leaves the door open.

Part of starwars is that it is a massive galaxy...Pirate forces don't directly challenge the empire...that's stupid and like the Rebellion they adopt hit and fade tactics, they loot and pillage...that's what makes them interesting. 

I vote for Zahn being added because: he already has a line of ships that can fill a wave in on itself

I mean C'mon guys...these are new ships that could easily influence a wave...and if anything I can tell that the Empire isn't everywhere.

(Besides a Kedelbi battleship would be cool!)

I'm not disputing what happened in the poor plot line that was EaW:FoC. Yea sure, Zahn "captured" an ESSD while it was it was at drydock and got rid of it right away.

But I can still hold the opinion that I'd want to see a true Mandalorian force, not a combination of Madno and pirates.

Scums shouldn't stand a chance against the Empire or the Rebellion. The Empire held up a very tight order and any sum faction was either joining the Rebellion or being stomped by 3 ISDs. Any other faction must come form outside the Empire like the Hutts or the Hapes Consortium, but neither would make sense to wage war against the already existing parties. If Armada would ever get new factions it would be the Republic & CIS

I disagree that the Empire held up a very tight order. There's a reason so many of our stories play out in the Outer Rim. It's because the Empire did not hold up a tight older. They show up from time to time if they have an interest, or they need an exploitation a production facility such as Lothal, but outside of that it's the Wild West out there.

I'm not saying that I think the Scum factions should have large ships all that frequently, or even mediums all to often, but certainly lots of small-base craft.

One has to wonder, by the same logic that says that Scum can't have capital ships, why the Rebellion could. The standard answer is that worlds like Mon Cala joined the effort, and refurbished luxury liners into combat vessels. Why couldn't other Outer Rim groups do the same, except then for a profit motive?