Sign in to follow this  
Darth evil

FFG have failed

it would appear that the production run for the Rogue 1 ships was so low that many stores haven't even received a single expansion, this in turn has also made the release for Armada delayed, as of right now i think in the province of Quebec we have recieved something like 30

The store in town only got one of each in. I stopped by to buy a TIE Striker and he said "I was on,y allowed to get one of those." Made sense to me, they were only going to pay so much extra to get so many of the ships here in time for the movie. The store is pretty small and doesn't move much of any product other than MtG cards though, so I'm surprised that he got any if other stores lost out on stock.

Edited by EYEL1NER

Looks like it was a really limited print run then...

I got my five (and two U-Wings). Had preordered nearly a month ago, too. I can totally tell how you feel though - we got Heroes about two months late. Yes, we got the TIE Striker about a week after Heroes  :D

sfzZryz.jpg

Edited by haslo

The same thing happened last year with the T-70 and the F/O.  My assumption is that they express ship a limited number early to make the release date for the movie.  You'll see stock up at normal levels in a few weeks.

A lot of times, a FLGS will do a "I have no idea why my order isn't being filled" response, when in reality they didn't put in a preorder and they're trying to order after stock as already been allocated to stores that have put orders in early.  

I got my five (and two U-Wings). Had preordered nearly a month ago, too. I can totally tell how you feel though - we got Heroes about two months late. Yes, we got the TIE Striker about a week after Heroes  :D

sfzZryz.jpg

god I hate this ship

it's a 4 hull dice dependent RNG nightmare with no built-in action efficiency nor thrusters

but

it's

so

pretty

Edited by ficklegreendice

sfzZryz.jpg

god I hate this ship

it's a 4 hull dice dependent RNG nightmare with no built-in action efficiency nor thrusters

but

it's

so

pretty

At least Countdown is guaranteed to survive at least one attack.

Miniature gaming is convoluted niche market. FFG and GW don't appeal to me, so I don't directly buy from them unless I have to. In the case for the majority of other people, FFG continues to run its business fine.

If they'd throw EU fans a bone and release a ship in between waves, I'd consider spending more. However, the pleb hype on TFA and RO will carry them and Disney for a while. Whether I like it or not (I don't) isn't for this topic, but FFG isn't tanking, so they're not failing.

This year has been rough for all businesses that have to do with or in the States. Between that and the fumblings of Chinese manufacturing, it's not hard to find where problems are coming from.

The same thing happened last year with the T-70 and the F/O.  My assumption is that they express ship a limited number early to make the release date for the movie.  You'll see stock up at normal levels in a few weeks.

A lot of times, a FLGS will do a "I have no idea why my order isn't being filled" response, when in reality they didn't put in a preorder and they're trying to order after stock as already been allocated to stores that have put orders in early.

I can't speak for the other stores but my FLGS is owned by one of my best friends, I was sitting with him when we made the preorder days after they were first offered. Then as I've said in other posts, allocated to zero. I see no logical explanation other than there weren't anywhere near the stock needed for a general release.

I hope that OP realizes that it isn't FFG that distributes in Canada but Lion Rampart. You have a beef with distribution then take it up with those guys

Edited by Belamont

sfzZryz.jpg

One of my Dark Star Brahs...

:ph34r:  :lol:  :angry:

The same thing happened last year with the T-70 and the F/O. My assumption is that they express ship a limited number early to make the release date for the movie. You'll see stock up at normal levels in a few weeks.

I can't speak for the other stores but my FLGS is owned by one of my best friends, I was sitting with him when we made the preorder days after they were first offered. Then as I've said in other posts, allocated to zero. I see no logical explanation other than there weren't anywhere near the stock needed for a general release.
First off sorry to hear this. I find this to be kind of wierd, as I called my FLGS yesterday before I went out to get the new ships in case they were out and they told me they had 30 of each in stock. When I arrived, they had a bunch of both sitting on the new arrivals table. I live in a larger sized city and my store is pretty large though. Edited by Evenflow30

sfzZryz.jpg

Got two of each. The second I took the strikers out of the package I wish I had bought more. Suddenly I want give. I wonder why...