Sign in to follow this  
gamjuven

Spoiler Free Rogue One Review

We have:

A smuggler/troublemaker named Jyn (with a pistol!)

A heavy weapons guy in half armor with a heavy repeating blaster and a grudge against the Empire

a Force Sensitive armed with a durasteel staff

a mechanic/gadget guy

an older, bearded African-American in a command/support role

A big, beefy brawler (but he's a droid instead of an Aqualish)

And they are all fighting to stop some new Imperial weapons project run by a new high ranking Imperial officer

This movie is Imperial Assault to the core

I am exceedingly dissatisfied with TFA, but I enjoyed Rogue One.  I felt the first half was just okay, with a lot of the same writing and design choices that I disliked about TFA.  But the second half, and especially the final sequence worked very well.  Won't give anything more away, and hope you all enjoy it.  If not for Donnie Yen and Forrest Whitaker, this may have been on par with the Lucas films, IMO.

Needing to say "that isn't a spoiler" is one of the ways to tell something is a spoiler. Like someone breaking the secrecy rules of Battlestar Galactica and adding "but I could be lying" as a cop-out. You don't get to decide for other people what a spoiler is for them.

We believe you have seen the movie without you revealing what happens and when it happens even when we have seen some trailers.

Edited by a1bert

"An older, bearded African-American in a command/support role"... I didn't know Africa or America existed in star wars as it was a long time ago and in a galaxy far far away :)

That's one of the things of star wars and star trek. Race, species, etc, it doesn't matter. Only sides matter in battle, and what they fight for.

We have:

A smuggler/troublemaker named Jyn (with a pistol!)

A heavy weapons guy in half armor with a heavy repeating blaster and a grudge against the Empire

a Force Sensitive armed with a durasteel staff

a mechanic/gadget guy

an older, bearded African-American in a command/support role

A big, beefy brawler (but he's a droid instead of an Aqualish)

And they are all fighting to stop some new Imperial weapons project run by a new high ranking Imperial officer

This movie is Imperial Assault to the core

I've said that numerous times, but that doesn't change the accuracy of your observation. 

Needing to say "that isn't a spoiler" is one of the ways to tell something is a spoiler. Like someone breaking the secrecy rules of Battlestar Galactica and adding "but I could be lying" as a cop-out. You don't get to decide for other people what a spoiler is for them.

We believe you have seen the movie without you revealing what happens and when it happens even when we have seen some trailers.

There were secrecy rules for Battlestar Galactica?  I assume you are talking about that prime time Ron D. Moore soap opera?  What wasn't predictable?

"An older, bearded African-American in a command/support role"... I didn't know Africa or America existed in star wars as it was a long time ago and in a galaxy far far away :)

I suppose Jyn is a 'European-American' as she is white?

You Americans really need to stop worrying about offending people and start actually talking to each other about your country's race issues.  It's going to eat you all alive one day.

You Americans really need to stop worrying about offending people and start actually talking to each other about your country's race issues.  It's going to eat you all alive one day.

And you need to stop labeling people by their nation.

And you need to stop labeling people by their nation.

And we all need to get back on topic before this thread gets suspended!