Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Rogue one plot hole, Yes ending spoiler.

So it dawned on me. They steal the Death Star plans and provide them to the rebel fleet, the imps don't get them back. The place (the only place known to leaders and overseers) where they house the plans is destroyed, (Proby where our X-65 fix is) and they kill all of the leaders, scientists that worked on the Death Star. In fact the place where everyone is working on it is blown up.

So how could that make a 2nd one.............

You assume that the plans are ONLY stored in one place. Scariff was an imperial data station. Likely one of many.

Reading the novel Catalyst, it is likely that the second Death Star is already being constructed.

You mean the stuff Disney said no longer is true :-p

I'm fairly sure the novel Catalyst (that sets up Rogue One) mentions other facilities. With a project the size of the Death Star, there'd be tons of facilities throughout the galaxy, and probably plenty of secondary scientists from the first one that could have been pulled in. The one that Krenic visits just happens to be the one that Galen is based out of.

In fact I'd argue that it actually enhances the concept of the second Death Star because

It was likely built so it didn't have the flaw in the reactor that Galen installed.

You assume that the plans are ONLY stored in one place. Scariff was an imperial data station. Likely one of many.

Reading the novel Catalyst, it is likely that the second Death Star is already being constructed.

Like the Yuuzhan Vong, Ewok Movies, and Crystal Star? You betcha.

Also, Catalyst IS true, as it is Disney sanctioned Canon.

I'm fairly sure the novel Catalyst (that sets up Rogue One) mentions other facilities. With a project the size of the Death Star, there'd be tons of facilities throughout the galaxy, and probably plenty of secondary scientists from the first one that could have been pulled in. The one that Krenic visits just happens to be the one that Galen is based out of.

In fact I'd argue that it actually enhances the concept of the second Death Star because

It was likely built so it didn't have the flaw in the reactor that Galen installed.

Considering the first Death Star took 20+ years to build, it seems likely. The sheer size and volume of the project seems to necessitate it.

It will be interesting to see if we get a movie about the doomed bothan spies.

Considering the first Death Star took 20+ years to build, it seems likely. The sheer size and volume of the project seems to necessitate it.

It will be interesting to see if we get a movie about the doomed bothan spies.

You know this could be a comedy, you start with 1000 and one die tripping over a stair or just stupid things. Man I would love that and it would be horrible.

Like the Yuuzhan Vong, Ewok Movies, and Crystal Star? You betcha.

Also, Catalyst IS true, as it is Disney sanctioned Canon.

Indeed - 'Catalyst' is one of the new novels, operating on the "everything being released is carefully audited to remain in-canon" model.  So...it's legit.

Now, as noted, 'Catalyst' doesn't say the Separatists were building their own Death Star while the Republic was building theirs...but it's definitely highly implied, and several times in the novel, too.

So...I am hoping that Scariff wasn't the only data station. It wouldn't make sense for Tarkin to do what he did otherwise. 

The book is two months old and is canon that gives you background on Jyn, Lyra, Galen, Krennic and even Tarkin. 

But the Empire still kept Galen's design for a bottomless pit in the Emperor's throne room! He really fought for that one in the meetings.

Also, the lack of guard rails as a cost-savings measure.

Why making a new thread? There is a Rogue 1 discussion thread

There is but this seems to be a tangent on that.  It's not about Rogue One as such but rather the impact it could have had on other stories beyond it.

I fully believe that there was more than one copy of the Death Star plans it's just that may be the one place it is known to be at an may be the LEAST defended of them. On a project that big there are bound to be more groups working on things than that one small group that was killed in the movie.