Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gonrhade

secret promo charakters ?

358 posts in this topic

The Exorcist does seem to have a lot tricks up his sleeve compared to other characters... base characters that is.  But they are all somewhat conditional.  He seems fairly balanced, but only some playing will tell for sure.  I think some complaints here about balance are too oriented towards a lot new characters that are overgunned as they are.

Too bad (once again) that as a religious character, a theurge of sorts, there isn't an alignment limitation on him.  If he becomes anything but Good, he should lose all of those abilities until he reverts to Good.  The source of his abilities is based in the THE alignment power that granted them; if he falls from favor with that alignment, his abilities would not flip to another alignment but be stripped until he repents.

Update nr 2 !

Juggler.jpg

Juggler
Strength 2, Craft: 4, Life: 4, Gold: , Fate: 5, Alignment: Good, Start: City

Abilities:

- Instead of attacking another character, you can impress him with your skills
and take away a goldpiece from him.
- Instead of attacking a monster in combat, you can try to confuse it. Roll 1 die
and add your craft: if you exceed the strength of the monster, you can avoid
it. If you fail, you must fight.
- At the tavern, city, village, castle and on the market you can earn a goldpiece
with a performance. If you do, you may not take any actions on that space in this
turn.

---------------

This will be the last update for today !

More are coming tomorrow !

Velhart said:

- If you attack another Character, you may choose Psychic Combat. You

can not do this, if you are attacked by another Character.
- If you have conquered a Spirit, you get a Spell, if your Craft permits it.
- If you are attacked by a Spirit, you don’t have to fight, but instead you
can exorcise it. The Spirit is destroyed automatically. However you can not
keep exorcisted Spirits as a Trophy and also you don’t get a Spell.
- You can destroy (discard) objects, which are forbidden for good Characters,
when they come into your possession. If you destroy a Object in this way, you
get a Spell, if your Craft permits it.

Good char that can psychic combat, isn't that against some unwritten rule gran_risa.gif ? Otherwise sounds like a beefed up Priest.

The Exorcist's ability to destroy objects that are forbidden to Good players seems a little dumb, unless they also have the ability that their alignment is always Good. Who would want that ability, when their Exorcist turns Evil or Neutral? If the Exorcist turns Neutral or Evil, I guess you could still use the object destroying power in order to get a spell, but it seems like a waste.

Dam said:

Velhart said:

- If you attack another Character, you may choose Psychic Combat. You

can not do this, if you are attacked by another Character.
- If you have conquered a Spirit, you get a Spell, if your Craft permits it.
- If you are attacked by a Spirit, you don’t have to fight, but instead you
can exorcise it. The Spirit is destroyed automatically. However you can not
keep exorcisted Spirits as a Trophy and also you don’t get a Spell.
- You can destroy (discard) objects, which are forbidden for good Characters,
when they come into your possession. If you destroy a Object in this way, you
get a Spell, if your Craft permits it.

Good char that can psychic combat, isn't that against some unwritten rule gran_risa.gif ? Otherwise sounds like a beefed up Priest.

Oh, i have not realised yet, that he is the first good character who has that ability.

I have actually never compare those ability's with allignment.

Well, he seems better than the priest, but the priest has the pray + 1 ability..

But i like the ability's from the Exorcist more gran_risa.gif

Gelmaron said:

The Exorcist's ability to destroy objects that are forbidden to Good players seems a little dumb, unless they also have the ability that their alignment is always Good. Who would want that ability, when their Exorcist turns Evil or Neutral? If the Exorcist turns Neutral or Evil, I guess you could still use the object destroying power in order to get a spell, but it seems like a waste.

But you don't have to destroy it, because.. as long as you are evil, then you can use it too.

I guess that if you ever changed back from evil to good, then i assume that you can still destroy it before you must ditch the object..

Very handy..gran_risa.gif

---------

The Exorcist wants to claim the objects for his own, and if he can not take it... (zap) he discard it, and get's a spell gran_risa.gif 

But if your alignment is evil and you draw a object for good characters, then you cannot destroy it, nor keep it, so then you must ditch it..

But that's only if you are evil..( you can better try to change to good again gran_risa.gif

I must say that the Juggler can earn a lot of gold in the game. ( same as leprechaun)

But i rather play the thief because of his mule, and objects stealing..

On the other side.. the Juggler can use his performance to evade the text space of the tavern and get one gold ( same for castle..)

That's makes those spaces useful for him..( on top of that, ( no worries about the enchantress or meeting a mysticgran_risa.gif

Is the Juggler's monster ability meant to mean he can Evade the monster on a successful check? That is, he can prance around and possibly nab Objects from a monster guarding them?

Dam said:

Is the Juggler's monster ability meant to mean he can Evade the monster on a successful check? That is, he can prance around and possibly nab Objects from a monster guarding them?

That is what I understood the text to meant, that the Juggler's ability to confuse the monster and "avoid it" basically meant to evade it.

Just curious that it wasnt like the Minstrel with Animals/Dragons, who can choose not to fight them, but which isn't Evading per the rules.

It's a good question from Dam.

But i don't know if this is evading. ( all that it says (from translating)  is avoid..

that's the meaning of it at least.

It would be nice if they mean evading with it..

I ask Jon about it, what he thinks about the Juggler.

He said that it would be the same as the Minstrel, and that it is no evading.

Otherwise, the word evading would be used in german language.

Dam said:

At least the Juggler doesn't have to shy away from the City, no Enchantress for him (unless he so chooses).

Indeed, and if the Juggler must choose between a space that contains a wortless adventure card( marsh) or the city, then he can at least get 1 gold for using his ability there..( and ignoring the space options)

i wonder how many gold he will have, at the end of the game gran_risa.gif

gonrhade said:

what is the text about? it is two pages long.

I heard it is a story about the 4 characters.

If i am right, one of those four will die..demonio.gif

-

Really happy to see some new characters.

Looking forward to spending hours on the net searching for suitables miniatures now!

Geoff

Cidervampire said:

Really happy to see some new characters.

Looking forward to spending hours on the net searching for suitables miniatures now!

Geoff

Yeah, that's the only thing what's bothering me..sad.gif

But i am happy that we have 12 new characters.

Update nr 3 !

Illusionistess.jpg

Illusionistess
Strength:2, Craft: 4, Life: 4, Gold: -, Fate: 3, Alignment: Good, Start: City

Abilities:

- You start the game with one Spell.
- Instead of attacking another character or creature, you can let fight a Simulacrum
of your own. The Simulacrum fights with your values, however without your
equipment, followers or magic. If the Simulacrum wins the battle against a character,
you can take a gold or object from him. Creatures are discarted and you can not take
them as a trophy. If the Simulacrum loses, you don’t suffer damage.
- If you land on an adventure card, you can disguise your alignment with an illusion.
- Roll a die. On a 4-6 you can lay a claim to the effects of another alignment as your own

Nemomon said:

Such a very lovely Character. She's one of my fave ones so far gran_risa.gif

She is lovely indeed happy.gif

Have you seen the Juggler too? gui%C3%B1o.gifHe looks funny is it ? lengua.gif

Velhart said:

I'm up to date with Your Characters lengua.gif. After all I'm translating them into Polish gui%C3%B1o.gif Juggler's image is great, however its abilities are more or less equal to Elf abilities - eventually they might do something however only with some kind of luck.

Nemomon said:

Velhart said:

I'm up to date with Your Characters lengua.gif. After all I'm translating them into Polish gui%C3%B1o.gif Juggler's image is great, however its abilities are more or less equal to Elf abilities - eventually they might do something however only with some kind of luck.

Well, i think there is a difference.

The Elf don't know what he will draw in wood spaces, and the Juggler can always choose for money !

It also comes in handy, if he becomes evil, so he can pay his lives back.

The Juggler looks more fun to me, than the elf..

+Juggler can evade some spaces toolengua.gif

PS: So you are also busy with translatinggran_risa.gif

I am sure that polish people will appreciate that gui%C3%B1o.gif

True, but Elf if will draw something terrible, he always can choose to evade it. Juggler always will gain only 1 gold. And will die while being rich gui%C3%B1o.gif

But still, it is better to play as Juggler than Elf. Unfortunately they didn't fixed the Elf gui%C3%B1o.giflengua.gif

However, Juggler can evade the spaces that are not dangerous at all, maybe except the witch from the City, but she also isn't very dangerous as the space offers 2 other options more ;)

PS: A little, but what is 1 Character per hour? ;] If Poles appreciate that I dunno. I think / I wish yes, as I'm officially working on Polish version of Talisman (and few other boardgames, not only Talisman). But they will never say that gui%C3%B1o.gif Tell me, who here will appreciate Goodenough's work? Everyone will say, that the original Talisman is much more different than desired... lengua.gif

And with that nice accent I'll angel.gifaway....

there is an other german expansion on talismanisland.com www.talismanisland.com/international.htm

it is call erzdämon and is 100% fan custom but some cool pics an a bunch of new charakters .

btw are the charakters fom mephisto god in the balance and ability ? , that seems for most of the charakters from home brw or offical like the thief.

Nemomon said:

True, but Elf if will draw something terrible, he always can choose to evade it. Juggler always will gain only 1 gold. And will die while being rich gui%C3%B1o.gif

But still, it is better to play as Juggler than Elf. Unfortunately they didn't fixed the Elf gui%C3%B1o.giflengua.gif

However, Juggler can evade the spaces that are not dangerous at all, maybe except the witch from the City, but she also isn't very dangerous as the space offers 2 other options more ;)

Haha gran_risa.gif

But if the Elf draws some useless place cards in some woods, then it is not worth for landing there.

If a lot of useless cards fills the mainboard, then the Juggler can make his turns useful, by landing on the city, tavern etc, so he get at least 1 gold, while other characters can do nothing, because they can not draw more cards, if the draw card limit has been reach gui%C3%B1o.gif