Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gonrhade

secret promo charakters ?

358 posts in this topic

Gelmaron said:

I even downloaded on of the magazine issues from that scribd site, hoping that the downloaded PDF version would be better, but it was not. It is the same as the version viewable right at the website. sad.gif

that's right..

I did it too sad.gif

Anyway.. if we look to the character names, none have show up in earlier Talisman games...

They are all new..

Drucifer said:

Any body have any luck contacting the magaizine company?

But for what?

BTW Velhart, are You gonna to order these magazines? ;>

Nemomon said:

Drucifer said:

Any body have any luck contacting the magaizine company?

But for what?

BTW Velhart, are You gonna to order these magazines? ;>

Yes, but i do not posses the German Language, so i have ask my old father to order them.

As soon we have order them, i will give a shout heregran_risa.gif

I was looking through the expert book, and saw that the jinn is a talisman character from games workshop.

It seems that the name is a bit related to Djinn?

The Jinn begins with spells..( and from the looks of the Djinn art, he looks  like a genie..

Djinn=Jinn?

talismanisland said:

No, the one in Elliott's rules collection is one of his own making. It is not an official character.

These characters are of Mephisto's own design.

Mephisto's own design? sorpresa.gif

So it's not a promo at all !! enfadado.gif

One word... FAKE sad.gif

i can't believe this..( all the discussion for nothing..) sad.gif

Oke, i understand now.

The characters are mephisto's idea, and FFG officially made themgui%C3%B1o.gif

I will take my words backcool.gif

I have good news !

My old father came back from Germany today, and has a copy of mephisto 46 !!

We have order the other two, so we get them soon !

He will begin with translating the characters and the page of that section in the book !

I will keep you all up to date ! gran_risa.gifgran_risa.gif

Velhart said:

I have good news !

He will begin with translating the characters and the page of that section in the book !

Very good news, Velhart! This is much appreciated.

Gelmaron said:

Velhart said:

I have good news !

Very good news, Velhart! This is much appreciated.

I think you can expect it tomorrow.

He has translate already a bit from it, but he has finish it probably tomorrow, because he has also a life of course..lengua.gif

how i said  the charackters , could anyone here make,  it is custom delux, if i have no minis  for this ard it is custon made for me.

unlike the wd where gw made charakters  and used warhammer minis for them that were offical.  the problem on talisman is you can made custon for mins, and cards.

Mephisto have some artis who draw charakters  like the 4th mix with knowlege  of the game ,  the gave then story too.

but for copyright they contact hb and ffg to get the ok from them.

here to orginal answer

"vielen Dank für die schnelle Rückantwort.
Mephisto 47 ist für Dich vorgemerkt.

Was nun die anderen beiden Hefte angeht, das sind M45 und M46 (ebenfalls je 5,95 Euro).
Und ich kann ja nun wirklich nicht anders als zu behaupten, daß die Charaktere richtig gut sind, oder?!
;)
Sagen wir mal so.
Die Beiträge sind mit Heidelberger Spiele und Fantasy Flight Games in USA offiziell abgestimmt, und der FFG Talisman Entwickler hat uns für die Umsetzung und auch die grafische Gestaltung explizit gelobt. Und das soll schon was heißen! Hoffe ich zumindest.
Es sind jeweils 4 Charaktere pro Heft, die in den Heften nach "Gesinnung" gruppiert sind (gut, böse, neutral)."

I look forward to seeing translations of the characters.  For those of us not using miniatures, making cardboard standees is easy.

gonrhade said:

how i said  the charackters , could anyone here make,  it is custom delux, if i have no minis  for this ard it is custon made for me.

unlike the wd where gw made charakters  and used warhammer minis for them that were offical.  the problem on talisman is you can made custon for mins, and cards.

Mephisto have some artis who draw charakters  like the 4th mix with knowlege  of the game ,  the gave then story too.

but for copyright they contact hb and ffg to get the ok from them.

here to orginal answer

"vielen Dank für die schnelle Rückantwort.
Mephisto 47 ist für Dich vorgemerkt.

Was nun die anderen beiden Hefte angeht, das sind M45 und M46 (ebenfalls je 5,95 Euro).
Und ich kann ja nun wirklich nicht anders als zu behaupten, daß die Charaktere richtig gut sind, oder?!
;)
Sagen wir mal so.
Die Beiträge sind mit Heidelberger Spiele und Fantasy Flight Games in USA offiziell abgestimmt, und der FFG Talisman Entwickler hat uns für die Umsetzung und auch die grafische Gestaltung explizit gelobt. Und das soll schon was heißen! Hoffe ich zumindest.
Es sind jeweils 4 Charaktere pro Heft, die in den Heften nach "Gesinnung" gruppiert sind (gut, böse, neutral)."

It don't matter if Mephisto has created the characters.

FFG has declare those characters official, so that's enough proof for us..

-

Translated: (The articles with the Heidelberg Games and Fantasy Flight Games officially voted in the U.S., and the FFG Talisman developer has explicitly promised us for the implementation and graphic design. And it should have read something! At least I hope. They are each 4 characters grouped by subject into folders for "disposition") are (good, bad, neutral. ")
-

JCHendee said:

Official or not... we'd still expect to see what they're like... right?  right!

Indeedgui%C3%B1o.gif 

Update nr 1 !

Exorcist.jpg

Exorcist
Strength: 2, Craft: 4, Life: 4, Gold: , Fate: 4, Alignmnent: Good
Start: City

Abilities:

- You start the game with one Spell.
- If you attack another Character, you may choose Psychic Combat. You
can not do this, if you are attacked by another Character.
- If you have conquered a Spirit, you get a Spell, if your Craft permits it.
- If you are attacked by a Spirit, you don’t have to fight, but instead you
can exorcise it. The Spirit is destroyed automatically. However you can not
keep exorcisted Spirits as a Trophy and also you don’t get a Spell.
- You can destroy (discard) objects, which are forbidden for good Characters,
when they come into your possession. If you destroy a Object in this way, you
get a Spell, if your Craft permits it.

Nemomon said:

Thanks Velhart happy.gif

Exorcist's fourth ability sounds funny, it won't be used a lot of times, but sounds funny gui%C3%B1o.gif

Do you mean the exorcise ability or  the (discard object ability?)

I have the feeling you mean the last one..? ( discarding forbidden objects sounds fun to me and it's a rare abilitygui%C3%B1o.gif

The Exorcist has a very good balance in my eyes gran_risa.gif

PS: It reminds me about the priest with the cross skill, but with a little change that the exorcist don't get a spell if he defeats them automatic.

My mistake gran_risa.gif, of course the ability of discarding Objects. It is a little balanced, however considering the fact of max 3 Spells (and due to original Rules, he cannot take a new one, then discard useless one), he start the game with 1 and killing two Spirits is not a problem at all, he might not use his skills a lot of times. Also for destroying "evil" objects, he should have another kind of prizes - he don't need to have two spellgaining abilities. Giving +1 to stats, or even +1 to fate could be better, especially considering the fact how many there is "evil" objects in the game..

Nemomon said:

My mistake gran_risa.gif, of course the ability of discarding Objects. It is a little balanced, however considering the fact of max 3 Spells (and due to original Rules, he cannot take a new one, then discard useless one), he start the game with 1 and killing two Spirits is not a problem at all, he might not use his skills a lot of times. Also for destroying "evil" objects, he should have another kind of prizes - he don't need to have two spellgaining abilities. Giving +1 to stats, or even +1 to fate could be better, especially considering the fact how many there is "evil" objects in the game..

It's no problem for me. You can see it as a extra fun ability. How about it if you draw the runesword. it's fun that you can discard it, so that no one else can take it, and you get a spell as a presentgui%C3%B1o.gif

Anyway, the ability that you get a spell for killing(conquered)a spirit is powerful enough gran_risa.gif

On top of that, he has the psychic attack ability too !  awesome !

I check the Evil only objects, and fact, maybe except of Sould Drinker, there is some objects to destroy. Funny will be, when Exorcist will become Evil, then he will destroy the Objects gran_risa.gif

Nemomon said:

I check the Evil only objects, and fact, maybe except of Sould Drinker, there is some objects to destroy. Funny will be, when Exorcist will become Evil, then he will destroy the Objects gran_risa.gif

well, if the Exorcist is evil, then it will be unwise to destroy evil objects, because you can use it yourself at that moment, unless you really want a spell of course, or get rid of the object.. gran_risa.gif

like  "satan, all the good staff is gone" maybe he could destroy holly objekts and holly lifeforms ;)

btw if your friend gives you all what is the text about? it is two pages long.