Sign in to follow this  
Joe Boss Red Seven

When will FFG Announce The ROGUE ONE Expansion?

With the ships of the wave already arriving, I'm going to assume that the answer to this is the middle of 2017, if at all.  If it happens earlier, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but otherwise if I want X-Wings and Y-Wings that are awesome I'll have to stick to HotAC pilots.

Too long after the first showing. Look for a release at the end of January beginning of February if not sooner.

Well it is possible that they'll announce it tomorrow... being a Friday and all.  

However, that would still potentially be TOO new if there are any spoilers in the announcement.   I'm not aware of any spoilers for the film, as I won't see it until 7pm tonight... but suppose there was something crazy like "Ahsoka Tano" or "Jar Jar Binks" as a Y-Wing Pilot or something in the pack... it would be really lousy for them to spoil that until at LEAST a week after the movie has been out....

So maybe next Friday?

They could do a Rebel Veterans pack with Rogue One paint jobs on the models and fresh pilots and upgrades for the X- and Y-Wings. In fact, I'd be shocked if they didn't do something at least close to this.

It'd give them a chance to add a few more extra Integrated Astromechs, and a new way for Rebel Y-Wings to get Elite upgrades (a squadron title of some kind?).

Well it is possible that they'll announce it tomorrow... being a Friday and all. 

The official public showings start at 7pm tonight, and FFG has announced at odd times in the past. I'll be refreshing the front page around 7pm (central) with my fingers crossed.

Good call. FFG has really been drinking the punch with these movies, lately - for good rea$on - worth checking the News page a couple times this evening. 

If there is a surprise announcement, I wouldn't expect it till midnight. 

If you expected it then it wouldn't be a surprise. 

I'd say, if there's a surprise announcement... I'd expect it to be ANYTIME!   Maybe even yesterday!... no no no NOT yesterday.    Well maybe if we had a TARDIS. 

Except that the T-70 and TIE/fo were launched in time for the movie release.

Rogue One is literally already out in theaters, and we've not heard a peep?

Yeah, it either didn't make the wave release (which was fortuitously timed, you have to admit), or they're deliberately waiting on it and we may see some awesome stuff later. But I wouldn't count on it.

Why not? We got the T-70 and TIE/fo with wave 8 and later got Heroes of the Resistance. A Rogue One expansion with X-Wing and Y-Wing seems rather likely to me.

He sounds really confident. Let's coax him out of his NDA-induced shell... 

What's that boy? All future expansions will be geared towards Star Wars Rebels because FFG is trying to sell to a younger demographic? Sabine is going to appear in at least five other expansions? 

**** this, I'm out.

If there is a surprise announcement, I wouldn't expect it till midnight. 

If you expected it then it wouldn't be a surprise. 

I'd say, if there's a surprise announcement... I'd expect it to be ANYTIME!   Maybe even yesterday!... no no no NOT yesterday.    Well maybe if we had a TARDIS.