Sign in to follow this  
X Wing Nut

all the new cards you want to see right here

Zertik Strom TIE Advanced. 3Red Anti-Squadron. A Friendly Squadron within Distance 1 can take 1 damage to let him reroll amount of dice. 15pts

So.... rhymer balls nowith get was is almost a built in bomber command? Or does the 'him' just refer to Zertik Strom being able to reroll and not the friendly squad that took the damage?

Edited by Garro

Zertik Strom TIE Advanced. 3Red Anti-Squadron. A Friendly Squadron within Distance 1 can take 1 damage to let him reroll amount of dice. 15pts

So.... rhymer balls nowith get was is almost a built in bomber command? Or does the 'him' just refer to Zertik Strom being able to reroll and not the friendly squad that took the damage?

I'm pretty sure that reads at Zertik gets the reroll.

Yup Zertik gets the reroll

That makes sense, had me worried a for a minute though!

Wow, just wow.

Interesting new options. I'm very worried about the new y wing hero tho: was a buff to rebel bombers really needed?

Moar Y-nings

Wow, just wow.

Interesting new options. I'm very worried about the new y wing hero tho: was a buff to rebel bombers really needed?

Best way to replace the Rhymer-Whining is to One-Up him.

Moar Y-nings! Moar!

Also thanks for the translations Dras!

Edit: no idea wtf happened with the quotes here and on my phone its too anouing to fix

Edited by Madaghmire

You mean that depending on the exact english wording we could have a bwing attack a ship for 5 damage (crit + hit crit) and that would be fine? 

Squadron buffing must come to an end, IMO. 

Sure.  Its only Shield Damage, so it only counts as 3 if they only have 3...

I mean, again, depends on translation...   

...  I only speak 2 Languages.  English and Bad English...         

Edited by Drasnighta

You mean that depending on the exact english wording we could have a bwing attack a ship for 5 damage (crit + hit crit) and that would be fine? 

I speak a little french myself, and I think the effect triggers on every crit icon. 

Is there any issue about calculating damage then? So let's say I roll a black hit/crit against a ship with 1 shield. Does that mean I take the shield off first with the ability and then do straight damage? Or would I apply the dice results first then the crit effect would be wasted?

Is there any issue about calculating damage then? So let's say I roll a black hit/crit against a ship with 1 shield. Does that mean I take the shield off first with the ability and then do straight damage? Or would I apply the dice results first then the crit effect would be wasted?

Dras translated correctly. It's +1 shield dmg when you get a crit symbol. Is it the same as other crit effects though, as they can only occur once and occur before you total the damage you did?

In that case, the crit effect would take out the shield and you would get the rest of the dmg on the hull

Because if its the same mechanic as a critical effec,t the loss of the shield is before the damage calculation, but it also removes the default critical - so no face up card.

I only read one out of every 3 or 4 words in french to piece things together.

Because if its the same mechanic as a critical effec,t the loss of the shield is before the damage calculation, but it also removes the default critical - so no face up card.

I only read one out of every 3 or 4 words in french to piece things together.

hmm you're right. Wow, FFG messed that one up as well.

Wait, so bombers with the Y-Wing ace have a non-default crit ability?

So on a crit I can instead trigger +1 damage to a hull with shields? 

Or is it passive and when you roll a crit you get +1 damage to a hull with shields?

Or is it passive and when you roll a crit you get +1 damage to a hull with shields?

I tend to believe it's a passive ability on top of the regular crit effect. 

I checked the card again and it looks like it has a crit symbol with a : meaning it is a triggered effect, not a passive buff.

So you don't do the default and get the +1 damage instead, but it's a blurry picture so I'm having trouble translating it.