Sign in to follow this  
DanteRotterdam

Spoiler Free 'review' of Rogue One

Just came back from the cinema, dying to talk indepth but unfortunately not everyone has seen it yet.
I'll be as non-spoiler as possible when I say that it is an okay movie for the general movie public and a great movie for fans.
I think the 6,7 to 7 that Metacritic was showing yesterday is pretty much right on the money, however if you are a diehard, dyed in the wool Star Wars fan it is easily a 9+.
The tone and style is very, very different from the saga movies (as evidenced already by the trailers) but it is very fitting and a welcome change.

Overal for the general movie movie going public - 7

Overal for Star Wars fans - 9

Worldbuilding - 9

Creatures - 7

Droids - 8

Ships - 8

Acting - 7

CGI - 8

Edited by DanteRotterdam

Oh, THAT bit? Where the stuff happens and then the person does the thing?

Wow, that had to stink! So I would guess that you dont want to hear that, in Rogue One...

Things happen and then the person does some stuff! I know, crazy, right?!?

Edited by Absol197

Gotta avoid spoilers until Sunday. Gotta avoid spoilers until Sunday. Gotta avoid spoilers until Sunday. <_<

Purchased for Sunday also. Bought half a row for wife, child, mom, nephew, sister, etc, etc. Did the same with TFA last year and I've now inadvertently started a tradition that will cost me some credits with the current SW movie schedule. :)

I've been slowly scrolling down through posts hoping not to accidentally see something while ignoring the obvious solution to prevent that.

Gotta avoid spoilers until Sunday. Gotta avoid spoilers until Sunday. Gotta avoid spoilers until Sunday. <_<

I'm not going to say anything, but there's not really a paradigm shifting spoiler like "I am your father" or Han getting killed - so beyond individual points of badassery and coolness, you're probably pretty clear.

I'll be honest, while I enjoyed the film, I wasn't nearly as jazzed after seeing it as I was leaving the theater from seeing TFA or even RotS (which in spite of its flaws was a film I very much enjoyed).

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd personally put this at a 6 in terms of how much I enjoyed it; maybe a weak 7 if factoring in the various cameos that made appearances.

Will say this though, the CGI work was pretty freaking amazing, especially in regards to a few certain someones.

Purchased for Sunday also. Bought half a row for wife, child, mom, nephew, sister, etc, etc. Did the same with TFA last year and I've now inadvertently started a tradition that will cost me some credits with the current SW movie schedule. :)

I've been slowly scrolling down through posts hoping not to accidentally see something while ignoring the obvious solution to prevent that.

Snowmageddon **** you!!!! Had to cancel my row of tickets (lost convenience fee) and reschedule for Monday. Must avoid spoilers for 24 more hours. :(

Horrible conditions here. Completely ice covered streets with a blanket of snow on top. A snow plow actually flipped just down the road. I would need an AT-AT to safely and sensibly get my family to the show today. I wouldn't want to be stuck in a ditch with upset freezing relatives laying blame and wondering if I would make a good TaunTaun blanket.