Sign in to follow this  
Martin_CY

Card Vault - data files?

Hi

I hope this is not out of line or something, but

Wolf Lair, makes a nice product called card vault, I was just wondering if anyone is working on a data file for Warhammer Invasion?

or if anyone knows of any other deck building software for this game.. its not really that big of a deal yet, as there are not that many unique cards yet, but its helps to be out early make life easier a few cycles later :)

cheers

ohh thats cool,

a way to see the card data! though its not really a deck builder :)

though this would make it a lot easier to make a data file for card vault.. but of course you are right concerning the art, who knows maybe at some point FF will provide the card images as low res images same as Wizard of the Coast does for Magic.. then those images could be used in a card bulder.. but until then text only! and ya it does take away a lot from the game.. but a deck builder is so much faster to build good decks comapred to shuffeling through your cards..

and just helping you keeping track of what you own etc makes life a lot easier.

I used Card Vault back in the day for my WarCry collection. Actually i ended up taking over the autoring of the data files....which suggests i could probably do the same thing here if enough other people are interested in using it. If you are then me a message and i will see if i can find the time.

If anyone wishes to help (provide me with the data in an Excel spreadsheet or similar structured format as this is fhat takes the time - we can talk details) or provide small jpg files of the images (which makes the tool v. useful - again we can talk about the sizes etc.) .

It is quite a nice tool giving you inventory, desk building and card draw simulations (once the data is ready).

That said i think ChaosChild did build something already [here i think - www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp]

i should add that the images used in the Cardvault WarCry effort were provided officially by STG to avoid the copyright issues [plus avoids low res scan issues] etc. but that did mean the were often a little lagged to he actual release.

Reading through the forums it suggests there are several efforts already ongoing to create deck builders so i am happy to step aside here unless enough people contact me to suggest otherwise.

It would be good, if all the tech people talked about one colloborative effort  - less time needed and probably better results.

I would not be interested in Card Vault datafiles because the programm is not open.

ohh I see now that ChaosChild made a deck builder, if simplistic still works good, would be nice with images though :)

but I guess FFG wont release any images? even if it low quality..