Sign in to follow this  
Jadotch

Finally giving in ...

I am getting close to completing my X-Wing collection. It is kind of scary how much I have spent on plastic crack (roughly $30-40 a pay check). Next pay check is going to be the big ones, I am finally giving in and purchasing the CR-90 and the Raider. Another Kihraxsdjkhf and the next wave and I have everything I need (ok want, but it is an addiction so it is a need). You win FFG, you win.

Maybe I can use another YT-2400 ... Ha!

Yesssss, epic ships yesss. You needs them. Epic games are so very much fun.

Yes, I agree. I love full blown epic games. I play casual Epic the most often, my snubs do fairly well, but huge ships add a lot of variety and changes the way you think about the game.

Lando leads the charge!

14639838_1185941581462464_49614515564332

Edited by Jadotch

Ok, this is good therapy. Head of to the Destiny forum, realize those guys are paying 50 bucks for a Darth Vador card with die, laugh, and then get the hell out of there before you become one of them.

Lol. I hear ya. I love star wars but that game just does not look appealing to me

I am getting close to completing my X-Wing collection. It is kind of scary how much I have spent on plastic crack (roughly $30-40 a pay check). Next pay check is going to be the big ones, I am finally giving in and purchasing the CR-90 and the Raider. Another Kihraxsdjkhf and the next wave and I have everything I need (ok want, but it is an addiction so it is a need). You win FFG, you win.

Enjoy! I've yet to break down and buy epics, but I'm so close to owning at least one of all the ships. I know as soon as that happens epics will find a way to invade my bank account.

Ok, this is good therapy. Head of to the Destiny forum, realize those guys are paying 50 bucks for a Darth Vador card with die, laugh, and then get the hell out of there before you become one of them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Wing-Wedge-Antilles-movie-still-Alt-Art-Star-Wars-card-/262754647177?hash=item3d2d65bc89:g:XZMAAOSw-0xYSehi

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Wing-Miniatures-Darth-Vader-Worlds-Promo-Alternate-Art-Card-/291970221327?hash=item43fac8050f:g:9x0AAOSw6DtYR6pZ

I'm just going to leave these here and point out it is possible to be one of them within the game of X-wing. But the main difference is you don't need those above cards to fly either pilot. (because their both alt arts.)

Enjoy! I've yet to break down and buy epics, but I'm so close to owning at least one of all the ships. I know as soon as that happens epics will find a way to invade my bank account.

Well, the good thing about that is there are only a few ships you can buy. This goes double if you play only one faction.

I too am close to completion of all the released expansions. So far I have one of everything except: Imperial Assault Carrier, Protectorate Fighter and TIE s/f.

Of Wave X: I have U-wing on pre-order.

I have a spreadsheet that documents my spending over the last two years so I can demonstrate that my habit is cheaper than my wife's.

I get to share mine with the family, hers goes up in smoke.

Congrats! Started my own plastic crack addiction in September; I'm almost done with the rebels (need the cr90 myself, and the 2400) and only a few more scum. I have some empire but I decided to not jump into them because I simply never use them, and it's the only way I stay sane and don't spend so much that the wife notices how much is missing.

Going to FFG to pick up the uwing later this week.

I totally agree and totally disagree with this statement. You do need the Epic ships. But Epic games are NOT so much fun. They take hours and just get bogged down. That being said, definitely buy the ships! I have 1 Raider, 2 Gonzatis, 1 CR90, and 2 transports that never get used(maybe 1 or 2 times a year), but look so cool. And you get a lot of good cards.

Edited by JJFDVORAK

Lol. I hear ya. I love star wars but that game just does not look appealing to me

Destiny as a LCG would be awesome, but not another money sink CCG. Sadly this is just the first of many for FFG I fear.

I think I may have completed my collection. I have far more than I ever thought I would purchase. Add to that I seldom waited for a sale as I impatiently bought them the day they came out from a brick and mortar LGS.  I have a lot and could do some fairly large battles including Epic. Now I just need players.  :D

So good! I almost fell into that trap, just narrowly escaped with out dent in my wallet *fewf*

Edited by Showtimebrad

I am getting close to completing my X-Wing collection. It is kind of scary how much I have spent on plastic crack (roughly $30-40 a pay check). Next pay check is going to be the big ones, I am finally giving in and purchasing the CR-90 and the Raider. 

If you are interested in the CR-90 campaign, my podcast is reviewing the missions.  I wouldn't try it without listening to the feedback we have to help balance it.  The campaign is seriously stacked against the CR-90.  I would suggest some tweaks, especially for a couple of the missions.  They are down right brutal as is.  

I am getting close to completing my X-Wing collection. It is kind of scary how much I have spent on plastic crack (roughly $30-40 a pay check). Next pay check is going to be the big ones, I am finally giving in and purchasing the CR-90 and the Raider. 

If you are interested in the CR-90 campaign, my podcast is reviewing the missions.  I wouldn't try it without listening to the feedback we have to help balance it.  The campaign is seriously stacked against the CR-90.  I would suggest some tweaks, especially for a couple of the missions.  They are down right brutal as is. 

I agree; Chadwick's Shuttle Tydirium podcast is very well done and a great conversational listen; they really dig into ships, builds and games. But, they have almost got me doing the unthinkable; purchasing a huge CR-90 with no place to store it. Yes, in that way, they are truly terrible people...

I did that many years ago with the Decipher CCG. Well not fifty bucks but a box of cards was $100 bucks and that didn't even begin to get you all the options. I recently had a mental breakdown and went back to MtG briefly. This stuff is way more manageable. 

Yes, I agree. I love full blown epic games. I play casual Epic the most often, my snubs do fairly well, but huge ships add a lot of variety and changes the way you think about the game.

Lando leads the charge!

14639838_1185941581462464_49614515564332

Hoth Battlemat looks better than expected!

I'm not "stopping" until I have at least 2 of every Scum ship.

I recently sold off half of my Imperial fleet: I even sold my Palpatine card (I figure a Force-Lightning alt art version is coming soon, anyway). I kept what I like- planning to buy one of each future Empire expansion, saving any great/new upgrade cards- then decide if I love the way the ship model looks before I sell it.

So I plan on collecting all Rebel/S&V expansions but my overall goal is to have LOTS of Scum... too much Sum is just enough. 

I'm not "stopping" until I have at least 2 of every Scum ship.

I recently sold off half of my Imperial fleet: I even sold my Palpatine card (I figure a Force-Lightning alt art version is coming soon, anyway). I kept what I like- planning to buy one of each future Empire expansion, saving any great/new upgrade cards- then decide if I love the way the ship model looks before I sell it.

So I plan on collecting all Rebel/S&V expansions but my overall goal is to have LOTS of Scum... too much Sum is just enough. 

Already have been there. Except for a couple of the large ships.