Force Majeure

Is Lando a better pilot than Han? (movie question)

5 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

I want a new Lando pilot & crew!

‘New’ ‘old’ Falcon better be Scum with Han, Lando and Chewie having awesome abilities.  And extras like Scum Han in Z-95 and Imp Han in TIE.

wait, how in the universe are they going to shoehorn R2 and 3po into the movie?

On 1/3/2018 at 8:07 AM, BlodVargarna said:

I would imagine a blind squirrel would quickly get eaten by a hawk. But assuming it was not killed by a predator or missed a jump and fell to its death, a blind squirrel would find lots of nuts using its acute sense of smell. 

That visual made me laugh more than any reasonable person would.

According to the Movie Trilogy Sourebook

Han Solo

Piloting YT - 1300 transports (Focus) 11 Dice + 2  

Lando Calrissian 

Piloting YT - 1300 transports 8 Dice

Chewbacca

Piloting transports 6 Dice + 2

Luke Skywalker

Starfighter Piloting X - Wing (Focus) 9 Dice +2

Darth Vader

Starfighter Piloting 10 Dice + 1

At some point it was Canon that Lando was the best pilot in the Galaxy. It's piloting skills were given "Stats" in one of the Star Wars roleplaying handbooks, and they were superiors  to Han's, and any other pilots. I'm not sure but i think my opening phrase (Lando is the best pilot in the Galaxy) was in it's description. Han Solo was still an Ace, stat wise, superior to Luke for example if you don't factor in the Force (wich can momentarily make Luke or some other Jedis even better than Lando in the game ) , but so were a bunch of others. Lando was considered without equal, didn't brag about it. And that's what is shown in the Death Star 2 race and attack. The dish event is not a mistake by Lando, it's just that the Falcon wouldn't have gone through any other way (so it shows that litteraly at extremely high speed Lando made it go through the smallest crack that the Falcon COULD go through.)

However that version of the Roleplaying is not Canon anymore,  i don't know about the current version. (EDIT : from other post I just Saw, it is now Canon that Lando is quite inferior to Han...i'm so sad)  But Return of the Jedi still stands.

Edited by Sun Tzglyph

On 3/10/2018 at 2:31 AM, Sun Tzglyph said:

At some point it was Canon that Lando was the best pilot in the Galaxy

It made my cockles warm to see that.

Lando is a such a good pilot, yet Han has more luck which carries him through all his risky flying. And Rey is a super pilot too, and now Chewbacca is right up there with them as evidenced in TLJ! The one factor that is constant is the Millennium Falcon.

Maybe we just have to admit that it's an enchanted vehicle. Everyone who flies it seems to have their piloting abilities enhanced as if by magic.