Sign in to follow this  
J Viz

T-70 - R2-D2

Hi guys

Recently have been using R2-D2 Corran but with Kylo making an arrival soonish he may have to go into hiding for a while. With this in mind which T-70 build is looking the best with R2-D2.

Poe Dameron (38 points)

VI

R2-D2 (hot shot co-pilot puts me off R5-P9)

AT

Ello (37 points)

VI

R2-D2

AT

Red Ace (38 points)

R2-D2

AT

Comm Relay

Looking at these Poe with VI just seems better to me than Predator or VI as I don't really want someone like Fenn Rau lining up a range 1 shot.

I can't decide whether Ello would be good against the defenders. He can turn around easily and keep them in arc and run and regen if needed leaving the opponent guess whether the green move or a talon toll is coming

Red Ace is just a little tank. Can take a lot of damage with the bonus evade coming in with the regen. The lower pilot skill i a bit of a worry as i'm used to flying aces.

Also for generic T-70s are either of these any good? They seem to be seriously lacking compared to the generic X-7 defenders but would really like them to work.

Blue Squad Novice

R2 Astromech

IA

Red Squadron Veteran

Predator

R2 Astromech

IA

I just can't see that they have enough action efficiency to not get dropped like a flash, but I may be wrong...I normally am

I usually put R2-D2 on Red Ace and I have rarely been disappointed. Having said that, I think R2-D2 is better than R5-P9, it is just that R5-P9 synergises quite well with Poe which is why they can work if you want 2 regenerating T70s.

If you just want 1, I normally go with R2-D2. If you put him on Poe with Sensor Cluster and Auto Thrusters (EPT of choice), you can almost match Red Ace for tankiness.

Yeah, I think that R2-D2 is much better, especially at the moment with the various ways tokens can get stolen, at least you know where you are and it creates less match ups where you're basically done for as soon as you sit down.

Would like to get Ello Asty to work but just seems too fragile.

I hear you. Since I've started running Nien Nunb I can't really place Ello anymore. Which is gutting because he was my favourite card in the T-70 expansion, hands down.

One variation of Ello I ran a few times was:

Ello Asty (30)

Push the Limit (1)

Proton Torpedoes (4)

R2-F2 (3)

Intergrated Astromech (0)

Granted, no regen and 38 points heavy. The general idea was decent movement, hopefully using PtL off a lovely white T-Roll and pumping torpedoes out.

I hear you. Since I've started running Nien Nunb I can't really place Ello anymore. Which is gutting because he was my favourite card in the T-70 expansion, hands down.

One variation of Ello I ran a few times was:

Ello Asty (30)

Push the Limit (1)

Proton Torpedoes (4)

R2-F2 (3)

Intergrated Astromech (0)

Granted, no regen and 38 points heavy. The general idea was decent movement, hopefully using PtL off a lovely white T-Roll and pumping torpedoes out.

Yeah, such a great ability and if not for the defender fix would be good but with so many of them around now he just can't compete