Sign in to follow this  
That One Guy

A New Hope For An Old Franchise

I see Rogue One tomorrow (a happy intersection of hobby & employment) and will be able to report back whether that anticipation is warranted!

While I appreciate it. Please don't.

I want to enjoy all of the anticipation of watching the movie without having to avoid this forum. I know that most, not all, are careful with spoiler tags for the first few months after the release. I'd I go further and say please NO REVIEWS with or without spoilers until after the release.

Just me I'm sure.

Never mind the Disney haters, the Lucas haters really get on my nerves!!

...just remember, people, that if it wasn't for him you would have NONE of this - and anyone who says "someone else would have done it, anyway" obviously never saw the [almost non-existent] state of SciFi movies in the early seventies!

Rant over...really looking forward to seeing what came just before that incredible opening of Ep IV  ;)

Never mind the Disney haters, the Lucas haters really get on my nerves!!

...just remember, people, that if it wasn't for him you would have NONE of this - and anyone who says "someone else would have done it, anyway" obviously never saw the [almost non-existent] state of SciFi movies in the early seventies!

Rant over...really looking forward to seeing what came just before that incredible opening of Ep IV  ;)

Granted, you are absolutely right. We would have none of this without him. But I think people are still entitled to be angry with, or have problems with Lucas and the way he has handled the franchise in recent decades, and here's why: If someone you hate does something mean to you, then you can shrug it off. But if someone you care about hurts you, that's a lot harder to shake. And here we have all these fans who love Lucas and Star Wars and what they mean, but at the same time the man keeps making decisions that hurt them and offer not alternative. Take, for example, the special edition movies done in the mid 90s. That was Lucas going back and adding in a lot of things he'd always wanted to do. And that's fine. Some people like those versions. But some people (like me) kinda hate them because they aren't what we grew up with. Every time I watch those movies, the new parts grate at me because I watched the older versions so many times as a kid I know how they should be. Especially since some of the additions are so glaringly bad and don't gel with the rest of what is going on. So why can't we just buy the remastered old versions instead of the Special Edition ones? Why utterly refuse to make those available? Fans feel like they're just being jerked around on a whim. There is literally no viable reason why both versions can't be commercially available, except for the childish will of one single person. And I think people have a right to be inflamed by that.

(Also, please Disney if you're listening, please make the original versions available again. I any of my circuits or gears will help I will gladly donate them.)

On an unrelated note, another thing that would make me absolutely ecstatic would be if Disney would make brand new TIE Fighter flight sim games. I have so many ideas on how to make them it's not even funny.

I enjoy this post thanks That One Guy. I fully agree with you. There seems to be a lot of hate for the new Stat Wars content so I'm glad to see a thread like this! Star Wars is going in a great direction with Rebels and Rouge One. I can't wait to see how episode 8 plays out either.

So some actually feel "entitled" to hate George Lucas. You can't make this stuff up. Man, I love Star Wars, and I grew up with it since, say, 1982 or so, but I just have zero respect for that attitude. Self entitlement to serve spite. I desperately hope I'll never turn into that kind of fan, Star Wars or otherwise.