Sign in to follow this  
droz69

Hrm. So what ships can they bring to the table with waves 11 and 12?

For canon choices theres still a lot of options in the prequals.

You wash your mouth out.

Prequel ships are beautiful and if FFG could make super shiny chrome pieces I'd be seriously tempted to fly an N1.

Haha, tempting, but I don't think that would be the best idea - the contrast with other models would be too much.

Volt cobra for rebels is possible option for wave xi, fits aesthetics, from new canon, good pick for mobile arcs.

Had to wookipedia that one. I must say it looks like the typical uninspired EU stuff. Half a falcon with a chopper stuck in it?

For canon choices theres still a lot of options in the prequals.

You wash your mouth out.

Prequel ships are beautiful and if FFG could make super shiny chrome pieces I'd be seriously tempted to fly an N1.

Haha, tempting, but I don't think that would be the best idea - the contrast with other models would be too much.
Just like the art pieces the Naboo use as a "military" contrast with the rest of the star wars universe.

• Campaign box
  • Rebel Veterans (Partisan X-Wing + Y-Wing)
  • Scum epic (Star Jewel with Jabba crew)
  • Scum epic 2 (Darth Maul's Gauntlet) 
  • Imperial Light Cruiser (with Thrawn crew)
  • Rebel Hammerhead Corvette (with Sato crew)
  • And the most important:

5FtUlXm.jpg

Edited by Odanan

There's a ton of Canon ships they can still add to the game.

The list of 'canon' ships, seen on-screen, that we don't have...well, it's honestly pretty **** big.

• B-Wing mk2 transport (Ep VII)
  • 'Partisan' X-Wing (Rogue One)
  • Sentinel Landing Craft (Ep IV remaster; Rebels)
  • 'Phantom II' (Rebels - so obvious it hurts)
  • Mining Guild TIE Fighter (2 episodes of Rebels - note the Mining Guild also were named dropped in Ep V)
  • Mining Guild Aurore-class freighter/Zygerrian Slave Ship (Rebels; many, MANY episodes of Clone Wars)
  • Mandalorian Kom'rk attack ship (Rebels; MANY episodes of Clone Wars...would be epic-scale)
  • Alderaan 'hammerhead' transport (Rebels...would be epic-scale)
  • Nevermind repaint releases of ships we have with pilots we don't from Rebels...pretty much new options every week (Hera, Ahsoka, and Sabine in A-Wings; Rex, Sabine, Chopper in Y-Wings; CR90 repaint in 'Phoenix Squadron' colors; etc)
  • Or even movies.  "Rogue One" brings us more regular TIE Fighters and T-65 X-Wings (with pilots we don't have)

Obviously, episode VIII is going to brings its own pile of merch (which is almost certainly going to be all of wave 12...if not wave 11, presuming we have a set of 'Aces'/'Veterans'/Scum-Epic release between wave 10 and the next announcements).  At the VERY least (that we know of):

• Possible new Falcon pilots
  • More T-70 X-Wing pilots
  • New (slight variant) A-Wing and pilots
  • Wouldn't be a new Star Wars movie if the bad guys didn't get a new fighter type, so...

Short version of the above list is...I wouldn't hold your breath on the EU getting tapped by FFG anytime soon.  Now, if something EU shows up in Rebels...well, then...

Tie Lancet, Tie with super laser cannon with cool down effect. With the Tie Striker, I think the door is open for other atmospheric ships, and we can always pretend the Tie Lancet can fly in space.

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/15/14249/lancet.jpg

I'd love to see the Lancet! Lots of fond memories using them in Empire at War, both for sniping structures and as mobile anti-air. Since their point defense weapons are mounted on the back, it could be the first ship in X-wing to have a rear-facing primary arch (possibly 180 degrees ala hounds tooth) and a ghost-style special arc in the front for whatever slot the Proton Beam would take (probably a cannon).

That said, I could see them using the Rihkxyrk for a Scum ship and maybe Nym's Havoc (either for Rebels or Scum) since it has already appeared in Armada.

The list of 'canon' ships, seen on-screen, that we don't have...well, it's honestly pretty **** big.

• Mining Guild TIE Fighter (2 episodes of Rebels - note the Mining Guild also were named dropped in Ep V)
  • Mining Guild Aurore-class freighter/Zygerrian Slave Ship (Rebels; many, MANY episodes of Clone Wars)
  • Mandalorian Kom'rk attack ship (Rebels; MANY episodes of Clone Wars...would be epic-scale)
  • Nevermind repaint releases of ships we have with pilots we don't from Rebels...pretty much new options every week (Hera, Ahsoka, and Sabine in A-Wings; Rex, Sabine, Chopper in Y-Wings; CR90 repaint in 'Phoenix Squadron' colors; etc)
  • Or even movies.  "Rogue One" brings us more regular TIE Fighters and T-65 X-Wings (with pilots we don't have)

Obviously, episode VIII is going to brings its own pile of merch (which is almost certainly going to be all of wave 12...if not wave 11, presuming we have a set of 'Aces'/'Veterans'/Scum-Epic release between wave 10 and the next announcements).  At the VERY least (that we know of):

• Wouldn't be a new Star Wars movie if the bad guys didn't get a new fighter type, so...

Short version of the above list is...I wouldn't hold your breath on the EU getting tapped by FFG anytime soon.  Now, if something EU shows up in Rebels...well, then...

All those as well, but I was mainly referring to all the ships (minus the arc) from the prequels/clone wars.

All those as well, but I was mainly referring to all the ships (minus the arc) from the prequels/clone wars.

Might happen, might not.  Hard to say.  IF they do show up, it'll be more likely how we got the ARC.  IE., characters that FFG wants to get into the game, but were never "seen on-screen" in anything that could possibly be an 'iconic' pairing.  So...characters from new novels and such.

Then pull forward a ship from that period that they want to use, too, and cram the pilots into it.

As far as the films are concerned, the V-Wing is not even strictly a 'Clone Wars' ship, if we set the beginning of the Galactic Civil War at the ascension of Emperor Palpatine. So I think that's a prime candidate, but it does imply letting go of FFG's obsession with TIEs for imperials.

But it is also possible that between more seasons of Rebels and a movie every year, new ship designs might stack up at the same pace that FFG produces waves, making it unnecessary to reach into the back catalogue.

I play mostly Imperials and i would like to see more variety in the type of builds the faction has access to.  I think the Upsillon Shuttle will help to get in that direction (now that we know the dial is nice!!!) But i fear it will still be the same formula of only a few ships and mostly Aces.

I'd like to have another turret ship for the Imperials.  Maybe a small one...  To differenciate it from the rebels/scum they could use the usual Tie template of green dices+low hp/no shield+good dial.

I'd like to get a fix for the Punisher. That alone would open many buid possibilities.  The ship looks so great, we need a reason to play it.

I'like to see more original and thematic (evil?) abilities, like Kylo Ren, General Hux and Vader (crew).  Would be nice to get some of them from another upgrade than the crew slot.  Some idea that could be for any faction:

- A pilot (or a mod) that can move obstacles (with the force?).

- A ship that must skip the setup phase and the first 2 turns to appear somewhere in the field on turn 3 (jumping out of lightspeed) for a surprise attack. 

- A ship that can shield other friendly ship at range 1 (that one i really like!).

There are so many possibilities to be creative...