Sign in to follow this  
droz69

Hrm. So what ships can they bring to the table with waves 11 and 12?

As a huge Scum ship - that giant freighter thing that Han shows up with in Ep VII. I have no idea what it's supposed to be or what it does, but it's huge and in a movie and at that point clearly not associated with the Resistance or the First Order. Of course including Han as a scum pilot would be odd, and including that ship without Han as a pilot would also be odd...

Edit: Or maybe not, since it's about 3x bigger than a Corellian corvette.

Edited by FlyingToaster

Gunboat, Kom'rk, Kimogila (or Krayt), and the new Phantom.

Rogue One getting its own pack of X-Wings and some other thing. E-Wing still needs a fix, but Y-Wings need EPTs or crew, dammit. That and Y-Wings actually have new models now.

So a nice X/Y pack would be nice, if however rather unbalanced given that we just got Heroes of The Resistance, too. Two Rebel kits in a row? That's no good.

But the other Imperial ships I can think of are the Missile Boat- however it is extremely unlikely that we will actually see the poor thing at this point, and the TIE Scout. That's one I believe is a totally justified Imperial-HWK, but at the same time the TIE Shuttle has really, really taken that slot.

So basically.

Gunboat, Kom'rk, X-Wing kit.

As a huge Scum ship - that giant freighter thing that Han shows up with in Ep VII. I have no idea what it's supposed to be or what it does, but it's huge and in a movie and at that point clearly not associated with the Resistance or the First Order. Of course including Han as a scum pilot would be odd, and including that ship without Han as a pilot would also be odd...

Yeah, the Eravana wouldn't fit as an Epic ship, not even close.

As a battle mat maybe...

As a battle mat maybe...

Imperial Assault table?

As a battle mat maybe...

Imperial Assault table?

The landing bay bit where the falcon was stored, maybe.

The ship itself is WAAAAAAAAAAY too big for an ImpAss board.  Most ImpAss boards don't take up an awful lot more floor space than the Ghost or  a Deci, let alone something that could eat both of those for lunch and not even fill its mouth.

The only reason why I'm not dead certain the Gauntlet is coming to X-Wing is because despite the fact that somebody in Lucasfilm decided to call it a fighter, the Gauntlet is longer and wider than even the Ghost by a large margin. Even with some wiggle room the ship is way too long to be a manageable miniature but still probably pretty shy of Epic size. Otherwise the design is all over the place in the new canon - it's even mentioned in stuff leading up to the TFA era. It just has a t-section which is sourced at ~50 meters long and ~50 meters wide.

That is a fair point, but that comes to an interesting grey area since epic ships are on a different size scale then regular ships. So, if they scale it like an epic ship, it could fit on a large base. They don't, it'll probably need epic size.

I'm really not drawn to most of the EU stuff.

N-1, Eta-2, V-Wing, and Aethersprite are what I'd like to see soon.

Also, Partisan X-wing with that nice new paint scheme and hopefully some X-wing fixes. But I think that one's a given, no question that it's coming.

I'm also OK with Tie Avenger, Tie Aggressor, and Tie Hunter I guess.

But I'd prefer stuff quite different from what's out, so I want the prequel stuff most. (Love my 4 ARC-170s already)

We are?

There were shots released earlier this year of a Royal visit to the set of EP 8 which showed Prince Harry in the cockpit of a new model A-Wing. Chances of that not getting into this game are about 0 I suspect.

What would be even more amusing would be to have Price Harry as a PS 8 pilot :lol:

Now I would buy that one :D

What would be even more amusing would be to have Price Harry as a PS 8 pilot :lol:

If there's an A-Wing pilot who's name is Hal something (or something Hal) then someone on Ep. 8 has a heck of a sense of humour. I really hope that happens.

Just saying... Armada just got E-Wings. So I don't think FFG is that heavy on keeping Legends out.

Also in the Destiny interview they admitted that Legends is available to pull from, but it just doesn't make sense with so many Canon characters available..but never say never.

I think with the story group, especially Filloni, being so active I could totally see Rebels and other non-movie outlets getting a lot of the EU stuff. The Defender will be onscreen in Rebels very soon. I could totally see them doing something with the E-Wing when Rebels ends and the next cartoon series gaping 6/7 is released. 

On that note, I think one reason why we get recasting of characters (Orso/Andor = Ors/Kartan) is because those actors now get to start roles from scratch, not act a role that was already established in video games, novels, and comics. Gives the actor more creative freedom and not feel boxed in by the Fandom. 

Edited by Wiredin

Just saying... Armada just got E-Wings. So I don't think FFG is that heavy on keeping Legends out.

This makes me optimistic for the future. There are so many good choices they could draw from in Legends that are still undone. Hoping for wave XI to have some of that. I'm sure XII will be episode 8 ships, and that's fine since it will tie in to the new movie.

Of course, I'm still hoping for something fun as a scum huge ship.