Sign in to follow this  
droz69

Hrm. So what ships can they bring to the table with waves 11 and 12?

Curious what the thoughts are for new ships in the next two waves.

There are a good number of 'Legends' options, but it seems that Disney is forcing FFG to stay in the Canon now. So what are your thoughts for what they can bring to the table now with future waves for the Imp and Rebel factions.

There will always be room for new scum, so more interested in the main factions.

I would still like to see an E-Wing fix, just curious if they are being allowed to do it. I am also starting to think that maybe swx58 is actually a new xwing, with fixes, and a coop campaign. I'm pretty sure FFG sees the massive potential with HOTAC.

Darth Maul's mandalorian ship.

I'd rather see him show up in the Sith Infiltrator.

We're getting new A-Wings so I'll be salavating over those and buying enough to fly 100pts of them regardless of if they are any good for sure.

Yeah.  I'd love to see Phoenix Squadron as an official thing.

I think we have also seen a Luxury 3000 a couple of times in Rebels.  I would be great to see it with that red smuggler alien, plus Lando an Mara Jade at the helm. 

I really would like to see prequel ships show up.  The V-Wing is used by Vader in on of the newer novels, so it would be canon to release it as an updated Imperial starfighter.

We are?

There were shots released earlier this year of a Royal visit to the set of EP 8 which showed Prince Harry in the cockpit of a new model A-Wing. Chances of that not getting into this game are about 0 I suspect.

What would be even more amusing would be to have Price Harry as a PS 8 pilot :lol:

It may be true that The Mouse is making FFG release only new canon stuff. Even if it's not it's in their best interest with new Star Wars movies coming out why would you ever make the mistake of drawing from stuff that's not even official cannon, from a business standpoint that would be suicide. So we might as well say goodbye to E-Wing fixes, that horribly ugly Tie Lancet thing (sorry Dwing but it's horrible) and anything that your not seeing in new releases (yes this includes that gunboat gunship thing that people are crazy about)

I think there's a good chance we'll see a Mining Guild Tie for scum as well as a x-wing partisan with a fix for T-65's (yes I know there technically no such thing or whatever) there's a possibility we'll see some A-Wing stuff from Pheonix Squad. Mostly we're going to see brand new ships from the new movies.

Also I agree please slow down the releases FFG this game will go the way of 40k (hey that rymes) if ships keep getting released at this rate.

The Lancet is an ugly son of a gun, but its a tie that looks like an actual ship instead of just another tie with a slightly different wing configuration. Its has a cool different weapon. It could be a legit slow but powerfull tie instead of ignoring the movies like the case with the Tie/SF. 

Edited by Dwing

Disney is making yet another mistake ignoring the legend ships for this game. So many vessels would be a hell of a lot better then yet one more Tie Fighter or A-wing.

Scum needs the Star Jewel and Rihkxyrk assault fighters at least from Legends, 

I wouldnt mind seeing a rebellion expansion featuring Mirax Terrik in the Pulsar Skate , and a Green painted T-65 X-Wing for Corran Horn.

and for Empire, I wouldnt mind seeing a Galactic Empire refitted Sith Fury for the Emperor and maybe Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator.

And as always, a Naboo Expansion pack featuring a N1 Fighter, and the Naboo Royal Starship.

I have to agree, it really looks like there will not be room for the more interesting old EU stuff that is getting left behind for new JUNK.

XG-1 MY-ASS... same for my HUTT & MANDO Babies. 

SCUM%2BUTF.png

SCUM%2BHUTT%2BCARTEL%2BZ-95.png  SCUM%2BHUTT%2BHF.PNG SCUM%2BHUTT%2BCARTEL%2BZ-95.png

Mouse is going to keep our FFG Boys busy... busy... busy with modern stuff. They could care less about thirty year old video games!!! Some people still need to get their heads into the real world about this stuff.

It is DAT now.

;)

The Sentinel Shuttle has been getting a lot of screen time in Rebels and it's present in ANH. It'd be a great opportunity for the Empire to get a 4+ crew Large ship, or maybe even a Large ship with a Team slot. It'd also be a chance for them to add a Thrawn crew.

The Y-Wing could stand to have some new pilots and a better way for Rebel Y's to get Elite slots without burning an Astromech. Rebel Veterans with a Y and an E?

There are still a few Clone Wars ships. G9 Rigger (Anakin's transport) as a Scum option, or maybe Rebel with Ahsoka as a pilot? The Telgorn Dropship (Cad Bane's ship) could be another Scum option, giving them a crew carrier with both Turret and Cannon upgrades.

Safe bet that we'll see Maul's ship as well as the Phantom mkII from Rebels at some point. Krennic's shuttle from Rogue One maaaaaaybe (but how many shuttles do the Imperials really need?). Same for Leia's shuttle from Episode 7, which would be a second shuttle for Rebels after the U-Wing which seems to functions a lot like their version of the Lambda. I kind of doubt we'll see that one actually since it didn't do anything except land and drop people off post-battle, suggesting no armament or battle capability. Of course, if FFG gets desperate for content they could make it a command and control vehicle, similar to the TIE Shuttle or Rebel Transport.

Edited by pkreynolds

Curious what the thoughts are for new ships in the next two waves.

There are a good number of 'Legends' options, but it seems that Disney is forcing FFG to stay in the Canon now. So what are your thoughts for what they can bring to the table now with future waves for the Imp and Rebel factions.

There will always be room for new scum, so more interested in the main factions.

I don't think this is right at all.  I doubt Disney have any interest in FFG beyond a nice (and very, VERY minor) uptick on the financial spreadsheets.  I mean, we're talking about a license owned by a subsidiary, held by a company over whom Disney has literally no management responsibility.  LFL is the gatekeeper/approver of X-Wing products, and even they're not averse to EU stuff, vis the Rogue Squadron content that came out for Armada in the campaign box.  And, you know, Imperial Veterans what, 10 months ago?

I suspect that the reason we're not seeing more EU stuff is simply because FFG (probably quite rightly) think there's more sales in stuff from the movies and TV shows.

I find it hard to fault them for that, even if I would like to see some EU stuff get some love.

Yeah, I don't get where people say Disney (and it would be LFL anyway, they handle that stuff) is telling FFG to hold back on the old Legends stuff, other than maybe "Hey, we might actually be about to introduce that, don't do anything until we have" (like with the Defender showing up to be featured in Rebels). FFG just takes a long time to develop waves, so you get instances where it's taken like 3 waves to get all the ships out for the First Order, say. Like, Kylo was a pretty major character in one of the most lucrative films of all time, and he won't be hitting the minis game until probably over a year after he debuted. 

I'm gonna go ahead and say Wave XII will probably end up with some VIII stuff. Wave X will drop early in 17, with the Striker and U out a little earlier, Wave XI is indev now and probably will get announced after X hit stores sometime, and that's too early for anything substantial for VIII to be out for testing. Phantom II is probably a solid bet, that might offer some new options to play around with the Ghost, try a new title ability, offer new cards (like Chopper as an Astro, not crew), etc. Scum could get the Mining TIE, could get the Havoc, etc. I'd like for them to do the Nightbrother's class, but I have serious doubts with the scale - it's not large enough for epic as far as I know, but the ****** is longer and wider than the Ghost - it is not a manageable size for a mini. We'll have to actually see R1 in theaters, see what Rebels is going to do, etc, before we see if anything shakes out as obvious. But, LFL gives them plenty of leeway to print stuff - even to invent new stuff for their RPGs, which like Waves of X-Wing which have come out after the new canon policy include Legends material. And the canon does keep evolving - you never know when something new will squeak out of a book or comic that works really well. God forbid EA actually do something with their license besides sell slightly too expensive DLC they might actually eventually make a game which covers some new canonical ground, just like ye ol' fighter sims or MMOs we want to draw from for X-Wing. 

Would like to see more old rustbuckets like decomissioned Arc170s in Scum hands, old V-wings as sector police (Empire asociated, maybe even Arcs), rebel-we-field-whatever-can-fly-and-fits-military-roles or pirates.

Scum still lacks a dedicated small base bomber with more than 1 bomb slot, yearning for a Scurrg.

Probably nothing of the above happening, instead ugly Pacman TIEs and totally clean cartoon ships (looking at you, Ghost, Lancer, Fang...) and hopefully some cool things from the upcoming movies.

Rebels:

T-65 Rogue One tie in for a fix.

E-Wing fix

T-47 Snowspeeder (The Tie Striker is already an atmospheric craft.)

Phantom MK II

A-Wing (Episode 8)

A-Wing (Rebels)

Resistance Transport?

Empire:

Mining Guild Tie Fighter (Technically the Mining Guild is run by the Empire.)

Assault Gunboat (I want it and if they can't use anything else)

Sentinel Shuttle (Trawn, other Rebel characters)  

Tie Scout (Its a Tie and could have the Jam action.)

Imperial Cargo Ship (Rogue One)

Scum:

Mandalorian Ship (One that Death Watch and Maul uses)

Luxury Yacht (Scum Lando, Hondo Ohnaka, Mara Jade)

V-Wing (Could argue for Empire or Rebels but it could be another ship that uses Salvaged Astromech upgrades)

Skipray Blastboat