Sign in to follow this  
Stenun

A certain encounter + a particular unique item = mild confusion

Luke Robinson is happily running around many different worlds with his Gate Box when he comes across another Other World enocunter which says to make a Speed -2 check.  If he passes it he returns to Arkham, it he fails it he is lost in time and space.  In either event, he automatically closes the gate he entered through.

So if he passes the skill check and uses the Gate Box to come out at another gate then he still closes the gate he entered through.  As per the instruction on the encounter.  And then he gets an explored marker and can close the gate he is currently sitting on, too.

At least, according to a literal reading of the cards he can ...

www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Gate_Box

www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Image:Gate2.png

Anyone want to tell me what rule/text I've missed that means this isn't allowed?

Works for me.  You are instructed to "return to arkham" which is key in getting the xplored marker.  you use the gate box to return anywhere.  You just closed the other gate as a result of the encounter and can now attempt to close this new gate.

Dam said:

Yay, a Brian-sighting!

Yah, I marked all forums read and decided to try to check in each day as part of my new year's resolution.  I just hate this forum layout....

Wow, it has been a long time! Good to see you back. I bet (based on your handle) that you are quite pleased about football this year.

I'm rooting for the Eagles. Maybe we'll see each other in the Superbowl.

Sorry for the off topic, but I just had to pipe up.

Nghtflame7 said:

Wow, it has been a long time! Good to see you back. I bet (based on your handle) that you are quite pleased about football this year.

I'm rooting for the Eagles. Maybe we'll see each other in the Superbowl.

Sorry for the off topic, but I just had to pipe up.

Well pretty happy.  I would have been happier sitting at 16-0 though.  But the game in February is all that really matters.