Sign in to follow this  
Darth Vicious

Finally the Rebels get a viable swarm (Lady Howelrunner not needed!)

The 5 ship Rebel A-Wing swarm called the Snap-Crack Swarm. 

(Two Snap Shot EPT cards come with Heroes of the Resistance.)

5 copies of the following A-Wing make the swarm:

--------

pilot:(PS3) A-Wing Green Squadron Pilot, - (Squad Point Value 19 points)

missile: (PS -2) Chardaan Refit, - (Squad Point Value -2 points)

title: A-Wing Test Pilot (enables 2 EPT's), - (Squad Point Value 0 points)

EPT1: Crack Shot, - (Squad Point Value 1 point)

EPT2: Snap Shot, - (Squad Point Value 2 points)

---------

Total Cost: (Squad Point Value 20 points) x 5 ships equals 100/100

I have played this squad, and it is viable against a number of totally different builds. Playing it is mentally taxing tough, because after you have used your Cracks to take down a prime target, you must use asteroids and what not to help you survive while you re-position. 

In the end game, you must pull off a planned envelopment trap designing the trap to get off multiple Snaps to do damage or at least strip the target of tokens before your range one attacks during the combat phase. That is a classic "Kill Box," and if done correctly, is extremely lethal,

These Snap-Crack games tend to go close to time. Don't be afraid to take 2 or 3 turns to bugger out and re-position a number of ships. The 3 and 5 k-turns and the green 5-straight help in those situations.

When all is said and done, you can win a Store Championship with this build. Palp-Aces, Dangaroo, whatever.

I don't want to play this build in my scheduled Regional tournaments, Adepticon: Hoth, Gen-Con, or Worlds.

I actually like this build, but it does wear you out mentally. A few games would be fine, but having to do what I said above for 8-10 games would lead to a lot of mistakes and burnout as game after game adds up.

If anyone has played this build extensively, please post how you have done and post your competition.

Enjoy. Pew. Pew.