Sign in to follow this  
Evil Doctor T

Multiple Starters

Afternoon all

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere

Played my first few games last night and have been thinking about expanding the collection

Me and a friend have on each of the starter sets each (me Rey and him kylo) and are thinking of splitting a booster box

Given that we are thinking of the box is it worth picking up any more starter sets to double up on those cards and give options? Or isn't it's best to just save the money and go for more boosters

Am I right in thinking that most of the starter card should are in the boosters?

Many are (and not necessarily the ones you want) and some are not.  Boosters and boxes will provide you with the many different cards you need to diversify your game.  When you open your first crack booster you'll instantly be happy you spent your money on those rather than more starter cards.

It's not needed at all. But boosters and you will have plenty of fun. Splitting a box in two seems a very good idea and to me much more fun than a second starter.

Exactly!  You'll have so much more fun with $40 worth of boosters than 2 more starters that you already own.

One of each starter will gain you 2 of light saber and force throw and use the force

If I recall, Force Throw is only in one of the starters, same with Mind Probe. Both good cards that you'd probably want 2 of.

After looking you are correct force throw is only in the rey starter.

I traded for  2 Force Throws. Only bought 2 Kylo sets. I do not and will not play heroes....for now. (Untill they come out with mace windu hehe then I will think about it)

Or perhaps a way for Darth Maul and Ezra to play together (Neutral Maul or Treaty)?? LoL :-D

~D

It's not needed at all. But boosters and you will have plenty of fun. Splitting a box in two seems a very good idea and to me much more fun than a second starter.

Exactly!  You'll have so much more fun with $40 worth of boosters than 2 more starters that you already own.
I got lucky and a flgs had one unopened box left and the wife said go for it so 36 packs will be added to my starters this weekend lol

The wife and I have one of each between us, plus about 18 boosters.

We are finding when playing against each other that we are running out of resource tokens, and some extra commons such as dodge and take cover would be good. Elite Finn and a second FOST could help too

Ive just talked myself into buying seconds havent I

There isn't enough of a singles market yet, so it's hard to tell, but if Finn + Force Throw is greater than $15, the Rey starter will be worth it (which leads me to think they won't be, but I'm not sure what price they will end up at then). I'm expecting Mind Probe will be slightly more expensive than Force Throw, because Mind Probe doesn't have the benefit of having a second Kylo starter exclusive card in its box. I'm predicting maybe $6 for Force Throw, $7 for Finn, $7 for Mind Probe?

I guess what costs are you willing to eat for those 3 cards alone? If it's less than they end up going for, just buy another starter.

I've looked at singles market in UK for the cards and dice you need two of each starter for and it's much cheaper than the extra starters.

That said.. im considering a second of each starter at some point anyway so I can leave them as they are for at home/learner games without having to reconfigure decks etc.