Sign in to follow this  
JJFDVORAK

Tie Striker wings move?

On the StarWars.com main page, there is an article about Xwing. In the article, it mentions that both the Uwing's and Tie Striker's wings move. I knew about the Uwing, but not the Striker. Did I just miss that or was that not mentioned before?

http://www.starwars.com/news/tabletop-rebellion-rogue-one-comes-to-ffgs-x-wing-miniatures-game

I like this part the most:

To compensate, Franz-Wichlacz tweaked the design (...) For the U-wing, the distance between the engines was widened to sell is as a large ship, even though it's clearly no bigger than K-wing, I mean to have some space where our lazy model design team could put the wing-hinges into, err, improve the overall look on the smaller scale, he added.

Wow, you're kind of a piece of crap, aren't you?

And what exactly would you know about small-scale modeling? Would YOU be able to make a 100% accurate U-Wing at that scale with the moving wings from scratch that LOOKED GOOD, was able to be easily mass produced and painted, and cheap enough to be able to make a profit off it?

If you're so good and knowledgeable about it, why aren't you working for FFG?

Edited by Razgriz25thinf

On the StarWars.com main page, there is an article about Xwing. In the article, it mentions that both the Uwing's and Tie Striker's wings move. I knew about the Uwing, but not the Striker. Did I just miss that or was that not mentioned before?

http://www.starwars.com/news/tabletop-rebellion-rogue-one-comes-to-ffgs-x-wing-miniatures-game

I like this part the most:

To compensate, Franz-Wichlacz tweaked the design (...) For the U-wing, the distance between the engines was widened to sell is as a large ship, even though it's clearly no bigger than K-wing, I mean to have some space where our lazy model design team could put the wing-hinges into, err, improve the overall look on the smaller scale, he added.

Wow, you're kind of a piece of crap, aren't you?

And what exactly would you know about small-scale modeling? Would YOU be able to make a 100% accurate U-Wing at that scale with the moving wings from scratch that LOOKED GOOD, was able to be easily mass produced and painted, and cheap enough to be able to make a profit off it?

If you're so good and knowledgeable about it, why aren't you working for FFG?

I'm not very interested in changing my current career,

But thanks for reassuring my beliefs about internet forums still having a shiny representative for easily triggered fanboys who prefer ad-persona insults instead of bringing a valid comment to what was a lighthearted joke to begin with.

On the topic itself - curse TIE Striker for having me decide which wings' position I like more!

Feels like it needs one of those "emotions exercise" sets of pictures that people do to practice drawing facial expressions, hehe.

Edited by Mef82

Got my strikers.

Gotta say, theyre bigger than i thought. Those wings are quite large and the body is noticeably larger than other TIEs

Wings move and are stiff enough to sit in any position, though i gotta admit i was a liiiittle bummed by that because the child in me wanted to "make them flap" rofl (they dont move if you toss the ship around)