Sign in to follow this  
JJFDVORAK

Tie Striker wings move?

On the StarWars.com main page, there is an article about Xwing. In the article, it mentions that both the Uwing's and Tie Striker's wings move. I knew about the Uwing, but not the Striker. Did I just miss that or was that not mentioned before?

http://www.starwars.com/news/tabletop-rebellion-rogue-one-comes-to-ffgs-x-wing-miniatures-game

Striker title is reflecting the wings moving, as they are helping it maneuver. Even in space moving surfaces do contribute to better control, just not in the same way it does in an atmosphere (able to point that maneuvering thrustor in juuust the right spot vs having to settle for a 15 degree fixed thrustor)

Ha, anybody else notice the little blip at the end of that article in the OP?

“You can teach an eight-year-old in five minutes, but it can also keep that kid’s dad engaged,” Shaffer adds. “It appeals to a wide audience. It’s affordable, approachable, and fun."

The ships have a choking hazard 13+ label on them....rofl....

Ha, anybody else notice the little blip at the end of that article in the OP?

“You can teach an eight-year-old in five minutes, but it can also keep that kid’s dad engaged,” Shaffer adds. “It appeals to a wide audience. It’s affordable, approachable, and fun."

The ships have a choking hazard 13+ label on them....rofl....

That's because it is very expensive to market to children under 13, as your product must undergo a battery of additional testing.  Most companies don't care to go through this process, so they just slap that label on it and call it good.

"Was supposed to be a surprise because the movie makers wanted it secret because it's a killer-cool, kick-ass scene in Rogue One"

^^^word of mouth rumor from someone I'm pretty sure isn't full of poodoo.

But I think I saw a toy advertisement indicating that the wings move, but I thought at the time that maybe they just mixed it up with the U-wing.

"Was supposed to be a surprise because the movie makers wanted it secret because it's a killer-cool, kick-ass scene in Rogue One"

^^^word of mouth rumor from someone I'm pretty sure isn't full of poodoo.

But I think I saw a toy advertisement indicating that the wings move, but I thought at the time that maybe they just mixed it up with the U-wing.

YES the wings move... but we do not know if the EEG version will have flapping wings... prolly not.

After looking closely at the model it does indeed look to sit on a hinge. If you look carefully there is also a gap around said hinge to alow movement. Could be my eyes playing tricks on me though.