Sign in to follow this  
Audio Weasel

New Mats

Just talking to my gaming buddies about these.

I've already got the four current mats, I've got the Admiral level System Open ticket that will get me the mat for that and there's no way I'll be able to resist these. That's seven mats I'll have. I don't even have a table at home so when the *** am I ever going to use 7 mats?!

Stack them all on top of one another for a luxurious, super squishy game of X-wing.

Excellent a T-47 airspeeder in wave XI to go with the other atmospheric ship just introduced.

Title Card T-47 only, 0 points, Dual card: "Make sure you closed that F*****g vent!" Flip this card before moving into the space area of the Hoth mat otherwise instant Death!

Atmosphere side: gain 1 green dice

Space side: not dead.

this would be awesome:

Senate_District_ROTS.png

Errrr .... NO

there's too much clutter on that map, will make it hard to see tokens and other stuff unless they're acrylic.

Not to mention asteroids will look jarring and make no sense as part of an atmospheric battle.

I also find the black starfield ship bases to clash too much with ground or atmosphere mats.

this would be awesome:

Senate_District_ROTS.png

Errrr .... NO

there's too much clutter on that map, will make it hard to see tokens and other stuff unless they're acrylic.

Not to mention asteroids will look jarring and make no sense as part of an atmospheric battle.

No asteroids. . .now you have to fly around skyscraper tops.

ASTRO%2BRED%2BNEB%2BSKBF.PNG

I would use that as a map!  :lol:

One of these daze... Oh Glory... Immah have this scene done in 3D. I do not use any of the FFG mats because I play on a 5x7 table. I need the extra room for my BIS-ASS-GAMES.

:lol:

I use 3D terrain which is fun if you magnetize it so you can move it as needed without taking away the templates. I can't just play a game as is... Hel-Nah... I have to mess with it and fix it up sums. Been play'n these things for thirty years so...

:ph34r:

I ask myself: Why would FFG not make a perfectly scaled Hoth mat now if they were actually working on ground game expansion for X-wing (that won't be perfectly scaled)- for a future release? Even if they weren't secretly doing the ground game- I'm sure the mat would look the same. 

I now realize that most of the Hoth-haters are bummed cuz it doesn't match their home-brew ground game dream or doesn't even facilitate a ground game very well at all. I think a Hoth playmat would be really crappy if it didn't show the walkers and the Rebel base. But how would a completely white mat with a little hill here and a ridge over there look? And the issue of complaining about scale. LMFAO! How can you figure out scale with a fictional planet with NOTHING on the mat to compare to even calculate a rough idea of scale. How big is Hoth? I dunno, I don' care. 

These are pieces of art...and most adults should know that EVERYONE has DIFFERENT tastes...and FFG is catering to all of their consumers. SO saying something is "ugly" rather than "I don't like it" is kinda childish. My apologies to any children reading this.

(Note: I have the Bespin and Star-field mats and I don't have any want or need for any other planets or scenes UNLESS it's a trench-run, but I won't complain if the trench is too short or the color is not what I remember from the movies or the cannons are too small, bla bla bla. :P )

I ask myself: Why would FFG not make a perfectly scaled Hoth mat now if they were actually working on ground game expansion for X-wing (that won't be perfectly scaled)- for a future release? Even if they weren't secretly doing the ground game- I'm sure the mat would look the same. 

I now realize that most of the Hoth-haters are bummed cuz it doesn't match their home-brew ground game dream or doesn't even facilitate a ground game very well at all. I think a Hoth playmat would be really crappy if it didn't show the walkers and the Rebel base. But how would a completely white mat with a little hill here and a ridge over there look? And the issue of complaining about scale. LMFAO! How can you figure out scale with a fictional planet with NOTHING on the mat to compare to even calculate a rough idea of scale. How big is Hoth? I dunno, I don' care. 

These are pieces of art...and most adults should know that EVERYONE has DIFFERENT tastes...and FFG is catering to all of their consumers. SO saying something is "ugly" rather than "I don't like it" is kinda childish. My apologies to any children reading this.

(Note: I have the Bespin and Star-field mats and I don't have any want or need for any other planets or scenes UNLESS it's a trench-run, but I won't complain if the trench is too short or the color is not what I remember from the movies or the cannons are too small, bla bla bla. :P )

...mean-ass...

...  :P

EA gets it. Check out this beautiful, and official rendition of Hoth:

ogimage.img.jpg

If they wanted to zoom in, why couldn't they have dome something like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

AT-ATs could be just recognizable specs, instead of looking like they're the size of the largest mountains.

That looks much better than what we get, here:

usws35_photo.png

Edited by Arttemis

While I agree that the second image you showed does look cool and honestly would've been a sweet way to do the Death Star II mat, you won't get an AT-AT as a "recognizable spec." The best thing you MIGHT get recognizable would be the Ion Cannon battery and MAYBE the echo base shield generator, but that's even pushing it. 

Just talking to my gaming buddies about these.

I've already got the four current mats, I've got the Admiral level System Open ticket that will get me the mat for that and there's no way I'll be able to resist these. That's seven mats I'll have. I don't even have a table at home so when the *** am I ever going to use 7 mats?!

In an Epic game where there are 2-3 combat zones with hyperjump links!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner