Sign in to follow this  
Poppaklump

Yay a new scenario!...... oh wait...

'quit whining'

I made a post that expressed what I felt in complaint, just one, and then responded to a series of questions and some snarky and obtuse complaints, about my complaint. I thank those who responded to me with respect.

These remind me of Boons from LotR. They're powerful player cards that you earn through campaign play. You can't slot them into your deck without first earning them. These scenario specific player cards for AH are the same. XP kind of works the same way. You can't normally put lvl 1-5 cards in your deck at the start, you have to play the campaign and earn XP, then you can purchase those cards.

XP, scenario specific rewards, etc. - they all boil down to the same effect: a way to earn cards you wouldn't normally have access to.

'quit whining'

I made a post that expressed what I felt in complaint, just one, and then responded to a series of questions and some snarky and obtuse complaints, about my complaint. I thank those who responded to me with respect.

I think what made me raise my eyebrows at your original comment was that I inferred from your message that you thought FFG were somehow ripping all of us off. As that could be taken as a criticism of both a company I think most of us feel play with a straight bat, and a backhanded criticism of us for mindlessly just giving them our money, that is possibly why you have had the responses you have. I'm not saying that was your intended message, but that is certainly how I read it, and probably others did as well.

Also, I imagine many people are somewhat baffled by your complaint. The rules don't allow for more than one copy in your deck, so they provide you with one copy, I'm genuinely confused by why that would be upsetting. I guess you could theoretically play the same campaign twice with the same character and win the same reward twice, but that wouldn't make much narrative sense.

You never swap out cards in your deck for them, therefore they don't follow the same rules as normal player cards. These are just like your unique asset cards for the different investigators. Roland gets his special gun, one copy only, which is not included in his 30 card deck limit. Scenario reward assets are exactly the same as that, you don't replace a card in your deck, it gets added as a bonus, and is restricted to one copy.

Does that help explain some of the responses you've had on here? I'm sorry you feel like you've been ganged up on, but as I said in my first paragraph, that may have been due to some of the language you chose to employ in your original post.

'quit whining'

You're getting the rules wrong is all. 

Your complaint is therefore, pretty unfounded. 

Your complaint is *almost* the same as saying something like: "Why doesn't FFG include 17 copies of Dynamite in the core set, what if I wanted to include more in my deck?" 

Do you see how ridiculous that sounds...?

I just think it's unfair that they didn't include Steward of Gondor AT ALL, much less two copies.  Don't they realize how resource-strapped Roland is?  He's almost unplayable without it!!

Guys, why does Curse of the Rougarou only come with 1 copy of Monstrous Transformation? I shouldn't have to buy more than 1 copy of this product to get a full playset!!!

I just think it's unfair that they didn't include Steward of Gondor AT ALL, much less two copies.  Don't they realize how resource-strapped Roland is?  He's almost unplayable without it!!

Guys, why does Curse of the Rougarou only come with 1 copy of Monstrous Transformation? I shouldn't have to buy more than 1 copy of this product to get a full playset!!!

Too soon!  <_<