Sign in to follow this  
Poppaklump

Yay a new scenario!...... oh wait...

So Im on my fourth play through of the core set, and still loving it. More new scenarios to trot off to between the campaign is very welcome........... but ...... I live in the U.K. And getting hold of pod content (or even playmate at present) is very very pricey. It makes me rather miffed that postage and customs charges are so much from the states. Does any one have any idea when they might hit these shores and/or where to pick them up? Thanks all.

Aww, man! I just put in an order yesterday through FFG for Rougarou and some other items. I definitely would have ordered the new scenario too if it were available. $10 shipping is too much for just one item :(

Edited by sojo2600

My Rougarou arrived with me this very day, and I'm in the UK... If only I had waited a couple of weeks... Grrr... I'll just have to avoid spoilers for the couple of months I've heard it will take for POD products to hit UK shelves!

Also its completely disgusting that they see fit to put single copies of player cards in these packs. SHAME ON YOU guys!

WTF are you talking about? There is no deck building content in any of the POD expansions.

Then wtf are the 4 mask assets and an ally doing in it then?

"If you are playing in Campaign Mode, you may even be able to make use of the adventure's four new Mask assets in your future adventures. Any one of these items may serve you as an invaluable and material reminder of all that you endured and learned in Venice."

Edited by dj2.0

Also its completely disgusting that they see fit to put single copies of player cards in these packs. SHAME ON YOU guys!

WTF are you talking about? There is no deck building content in any of the POD expansions.

Then wtf are the 4 mask assets and an ally doing in it then?

Those are Story Assets. They aren't strictly player cards in the normal sense. You can only earn them through certain effects or resolution of actually playing the scenario they come with.

"Story assets" is just a weasel word, a copout phrase when it states - "If you are playing in Campaign Mode, you may even be able to make use of the adventure's four new Mask assets in your future adventures. Any one of these items may serve you as an invaluable and material reminder of all that you endured and learned in Venice."

"Story assets" is just a weasel word, a copout phrase when it states - "If you are playing in Campaign Mode, you may even be able to make use of the adventure's four new Mask assets in your future adventures. Any one of these items may serve you as an invaluable and material reminder of all that you endured and learned in Venice."

SPOLER FOR SENARIO 1 OF THE CORE SET AHEAD:

I don't undertstand - It is just the same as, say, Lita Chandler in scenario 1 of the Core set - one of the players may gain her and put her in her/his deck for the next scenarios in addition to the 30 cards that are already in there. The Curse of the Rougarou also has such Player cards that can be gained by the players and added to the deck for future scenarios. Because these are story assets, that can only be added to a deck by "winning them" through a scenario, you will never need more than one copy...

Edited by ParinorB

Not sure how an entire card type, which they've used in the Core Set and has been spoiled as existing in the upcoming Dunwich expansion, is a "weasel word", but here's the beauty of co-op/solo games: it's your game. No one's going to take your cards away or disqualify you, so if you want to go ahead and drop those Assets into your deck when not playing Campaign mode, go for it. You do you.

I don't get the venom here. None of these cards would be used in your deck building. They're extras in the vein of Lita Chantler.

There is a way to get Spoiler mode text. Click on the top-left icon marked "Special BBCode", go to Spoiler, and enter the text in there.

Like this

Or you can surround your text with [ spoiler ] and [ / spoiler ] (just without the spaces!) if you're entering in flat-text mode.

SPOLER FOR SENARIO 1 OF THE CORE SET AHEAD:

I don't get the venom here. None of these cards would be used in your deck building. They're extras in the vein of Lita Chantler.

and i don't get the splitting hairs. Why would none of these cards be used in future deckbuilding, given the quote?

and i don't get the splitting hairs. Why would none of these cards be used in future deckbuilding, given the quote?

Because they're not available for deck building. You only get them by fulfilling or earning them from certain scenarios. You don't need multiple copies because you can't get multiple copies. Not trying to be snarky, but have you played yet? There's a card in scenario 1 of the game that's exactly the same way, and the intro box set only has one of them because only one person in the group can earn it. 

How much XP do you have to spend to put those in your deck?  What's that, they don't have an XP bar?  Perhaps because they're rewards for completing the scenario and not regular player cards?  How dare they only include the exact correct amount of usable cards in that scenario they designed!

There are player cards in there - scenario rewards that you get after some of the conclusions of the scenario.

Poppla if you think it's bad think about non English speaking players out there. Poland will get their version of rougarou translation... sometime in 2017. So all what polish players could play right now, it's core scenario. To put salt into a wound , everything is pointing to situation in which we will get dun which in early january at the most...So yeah... Yay print on demand scenarios... so great...

Edited by soul31

Because they're not available for deck building. You only get them by fulfilling or earning them from certain scenarios. You don't need multiple copies because you can't get multiple copies. Not trying to be snarky, but have you played yet? There's a card in scenario 1 of the game that's exactly the same way, and the intro box set only has one of them because only one person in the group can earn it. 

Yes I have played the core campaign 3 times so its not my lack of experience at the game. I just don't see why they did not put 2 copies in, when it would hardly have hurt them to do that and the clear intention is to include them as pat of campaign play. The same issue with Lita. I think its wholly pedantic to call them 'extras' when there is no reference to any card type known as 'extras'. OF COURSE people are going to want to deck build with them in future, like adding a second copy to a deck they move with from campaign to campaign. Whats the problem with that? Saying you cant get multiple copies because you don't need them' is just false in that case. It stands to reason especially if they are helpful cards that you will want to add 2. So why not add a full playset, even if in group play only one player can win them?

How much XP do you have to spend to put those in your deck?  What's that, they don't have an XP bar?  Perhaps because they're rewards for completing the scenario and not regular player cards?  How dare they only include the exact correct amount of usable cards in that scenario they designed!

Now you are being snarky for the fun of it. Surely you have the wit to see that.  If you wont accept my complaint, it doesn't matter, its not for you.

Yes I have played the core campaign 3 times so its not my lack of experience at the game. I just don't see why they did not put 2 copies in, when it would hardly have hurt them to do that and the clear intention is to include them as pat of campaign play. The same issue with Lita. I think its wholly pedantic to call them 'extras' when there is no reference to any card type known as 'extras'. OF COURSE people are going to want to deck build with them in future, like adding a second copy to a deck they move with from campaign to campaign. Whats the problem with that? Saying you cant get multiple copies because you don't need them' is just false in that case. It stands to reason especially if they are helpful cards that you will want to add 2. So why not add a full playset, even if in group play only one player can win them?

The campaigns were balanced using what they give you as story assets. It's alright with you to be upset with this notion, but it appears that you are in the minority.

Edited by sojo2600

The rules do not allow you to have multiple copies of Lita in your deck.  FULL STOP.

The rules will not allow you to have multiple copies of these new masks in your deck.  FULL STOP.

These are rewards that are added to  your deck in campaign play.  You will only be awarded one copy.  FULL STOP.

I'm sorry to say that the only conclusion I can come to is that you're being irrational about this. It's not possible for you to create a legal deck with these cards outside of earning them in a scenario and they are not included in any deckbuilding system for the game. As such, there shouldn't ever be a need for a group to have more than one set. 

That being said, if you decide to deck build using these cards with houserules for your own group then that puts you in the minority. If that's the case I think it warrants spending an extra 15 dollars to get a second set of them. Outside of that, I fail to see any real reason for a complaint here. 

If having these 5 cards in duplicate (plus Lita Chantler, plus the Rougarou cards, plus the Dunwich Legacy story assets, etc) is a necessity for your deckbuilding, then just proxy them.  As everyone else said, you're playing a different game than FFG built.

Only one copy of any given story asset (or story weakness, in the case of Curse of the Rougarou) can be added to a deck, and only one player can add a given story asset/weakness to a deck.

1 copy is a full playset for an entire group regardless of how many players are in it.

Marketing copy is not rules text, and besides, it says that the Mask assets belong to the scenario — meaning they're exactly like Lita Chandler or Lady Esprit — and that you "may" be able to use the Masks in future adventures, implying that there are conditions on it.

tl;dr quit whining.