Sign in to follow this  
Bojanglez

How many games do you get in each week?

1 to 2 a month; there's no LGS, F or otherwise. Gaming is pretty much a Saturday night activity for me, and we keep a steady rotation of games running, so gaming once a week with X-wing on average taking one of those gaming nights per month (sometimes more, sometimes less) is as good as I can ask.  Much as I love X-wing, I think that keeping up some variety keeps all of my games more interesting: X-wing, Zombicide, Rebellion, B5 Wars, Armada, Firefly, and so on.  What fun is gaming if we have to stay faithful to only one game?

Three to seven per week. Wednesday is the standing X-Wing night for my oldest friend and I to game. Thursdays at the flgs, trying to get a league going there. Sundays are for the Galactic Civil War we started a couple of weeks ago.

With the exception of the GCW, I'll throw together something together that I want try out. Sometimes good sometimes not so much but it's a chance to play X-Wing and that's good enough for me.

Usually 6 during the week, sometimes another 4 to 8 on the weekends.
3 times unde the week and between zero and two times at the weekends.
Usually I bring two or three lists I am interest in playing, fits my feldherr bag nicely and usually I play just one of those lists per session.

If I play the same guy and the same list twice in a row we usually skip asteroid placement … unless one of us was unhappy with the placement and wants to try again for a better position at turn zero. Saves times and helps with getting two games done in a reasonable amount of time, sometimes that is the base for a third game on the same evening. Another "trick" to get more games done and more practise is to condeed early if you messed up badly and are in a very bad position. It better to play one more competitive game and trying to rescue a lost game. Again, everything which helps to get more games down in the same amount of time is good.

And well, there are always busy weeks or months without many or even any games going on. Life happens and all. ;-)

How many games each week?  Gawd... I wish I were able to get in a game a week.  I would say I get in, at best, several games a month, whether those games are solo or against another player depends on my availability and that of others.  Sometimes, being an adult sucks.  There is often so much to do besides gaming.  Even when it comes to gaming, there is so much to choose from besides X-wing.  I guess it is all a balancing act, this thing called life.

So...  

Short answer...

Not enough.

*sigh*

Usually just a couple a week. I'd love to play more but the local guys only seem to be able to play one night a week due to family commitments etc.

Have promised myself that starting in the New Year I'm going to make a lot more effort to travel around the country to play at weekends.

Now my x wing game experience is focused in one Epic game each week. 400 - 500 pts usually, team play 2 vs 2 or 2 vs 3. Plus perhaps 6 little 40 pts minigames. We call them "turboscenarios". Sometimes 45 or 50 pts but allways small ships only 2 ships vs 2 ships.

As a sidenote, when playing Epic one guy writes the scenario and the forces involved. Primary objective plus 2 or 3 secondaries.

Good for you. I have it the very similar way.

-I play about 3 games per week

-We get together once per week regularily (wednesday, too) and occationally twice

-I tend to play the same list for the session

Once a week, family permitting.  I usually get to play from about 5 till 8 or 9pm.  I used to play till about 11 or so, but I record my podcast on those nights, which has cut my game time in half.    

It usually means I can do one big mission or 2-3 games in that time.   Or....HotAC or Mario Kart or something crazy.

• how many games you guys actually play per week? 0.8 to 0.12 per week and don't laugh. It's not funny   :angry:
  • how many times per week do you get together to play? Specifically X-Wing? See above
  • do you play varied lists in the same session, or stick with the same list? Usually I play simple lists as most are newer players. I would love to play HotR, missions, scenarios and most of all Epic. But right not I just don't have the players.

I do play games almost from twice in a week to every other week. We just don't play miniatures. Most people I game with prefer board games.

Edited by Ken at Sunrise

I play once a week, Thursday evenings, and I normally get in 2 games, sometimes 3.  I go to a tournament every now and again and get a few more matches in.

If X-Wing had been around when I was fresh out of college and single then I would be playing a lot more.  As it is I am happily married with an awesome 3yo son, so my X-Wing time is limited.

There is a big scene in my general area though; some guys play four or five nights a week.

We've got a good Friday night league going here. On a normal play night, 3-4 games at 60-75 points each. A couple nights a month, I run a RPG campaign and that means one game, maybe two before we break off to another part of the store. And one night a month, I organize a 2-on-2 800-point Epic game, and that usually taps me out for that night.

I'm in a dry spell right now, because my X-Wing partner isn't able to travel at the moment, and I've got a two month old at home.

Prior to that, we were attending bi-weekly store tournaments, and playing against each other in the off weeks, so 3 games some weeks, 1-2 games other weeks, bonus if there was a weekend event I could make.

Hopefully will return to at least once a week soon. And I've got the CT Regional penciled in my calendar, so I'm hoping to make the trip out and get some concentrated gaming in there. Not sure I want to do too well, though, because I'd have to go back the next day, and it isn't that close...

Historically a couple games every other week but at the moment that's every week.

Last night it was two games simultaneously though as only three of us showed up for xwing night.

Should have done that last night - we played "winner stays on" and due to timing of my arrival and there only being 3 of us, I got the short end of the number of games - simultaneous flying might be the way to go...

I haven't played since store champs early this year. Skipped the first regional that I could have gone to due to disdain for intentional draws, and missed the second regional last week due to moving.

I'm an hour from my preferred store now, so that's out of the question for weeknights. I need to find a new local store. ...As soon as I'm done unpacking the house.