Sign in to follow this  
vyrago

Ghost spotted in Rogue One

What is the ship above the left hand X-wing and to the right of the star destroyer? Looks like it has 2 engines...

was wondering that too, thought it was an x-wing at first but It looks like something else now that I've watched it ten times. Lol

Is that a YT-2400 off in the distance in front of the x-wing on the left? Also a GR-75 and a couple of y-wings on the bottoms left just for a sec. Also the CR-90 on the bottom left has blue markings like Sato's ship.

Edited by acesandeights

It will be the Ghost. We will see it in the background, possibly even go on board and see the crew fighting in the climactic battle of the film. We will hear some names spoken like "Zeb, Kallis keep those TIEs off us. Chopper, get the shields back up!" Then the ship will be caught in a blossoming fireball that destroyes ship and crew. Total screen time 12 seconds, enough that those who have never seen or cared about Rebels to not even notice. For those of us that have grown attached to the characters we will be thrilled, and then emotionally destroyed.

I'd be very surprised if the Ghost and its crew survives to this period.

It's very likely we'll never know what ship that is, but the odds of it being just some random VCX is pretty far fetched, considering how much they like to tie various things together. There's also no reason to assume that the crew of the Ghost won't survive until this point or even longer.

What is the ship above the left hand X-wing and to the right of the star destroyer?

It's Serenity.

It will be the Ghost. We will see it in the background, possibly even go on board and see the crew fighting in the climactic battle of the film. We will hear some names spoken like "Zeb, Kallis keep those TIEs off us. Chopper, get the shields back up!" Then the ship will be caught in a blossoming fireball that destroyes ship and crew. Total screen time 12 seconds, enough that those who have never seen or cared about Rebels to not even notice. For those of us that have grown attached to the characters we will be thrilled, and then emotionally destroyed.

lol, sounds good.

Might get a scene from the 'war room' where someone might mention Phoenix Squadron, or General Syndulla. Might even see a female Twi-lek in flying goggles and dungarees at the table.

I like the idea that the Ghost has survived, its the crew that Rebels tells the story of. This close to New Hope i would be surprised if Kanan and Ezra are still around. 

If this is real, im super mad. Why spoiling such moment to all of us?

I'd be very surprised if the Ghost and its crew survives to this period.

It's very likely we'll never know what ship that is, but the odds of it being just some random VCX is pretty far fetched, considering how much they like to tie various things together. There's also no reason to assume that the crew of the Ghost won't survive until this point or even longer.

There's also the big Alderaan hammerhead-transport next to it, that we've only seen in 'Rebels'.  So...pretty clear they are indicating the provenance of this specific VCX.

I rather suspect we won't see anything more of it than external shots, though.  (And I bet we do see it destroyed)  Internal shots, or comments on the crew?  Nah.  Even knowing who survives all 5 years of 'Rebels'...with 2 seasons to go...would be a pretty ridiculous spoiler, not to mention detract from the movie's main characters.

I very much doubt they will destroy the Ghost in a throwaway scene this long before the Rebels show itself is done as it kills the show dead if we know, regardless of what happens, we've seen the Ghost get chumped.

Ironically, this is still kind of the whole situation with Rogue One itself....

...  You know they complete the mission.  

Its supposed to be the Journey that you're enjoying...

I very much doubt they will destroy the Ghost in a throwaway scene this long before the Rebels show itself is done as it kills the show dead if we know, regardless of what happens, we've seen the Ghost get chumped.

Ironically, this is still kind of the whole situation with Rogue One itself....

...  You know they complete the mission.  

Its supposed to be the Journey that you're enjoying...

Admittedly yes but this is one film and not a series thats still (supposedly) seasons away from ending.

The thing is, the only people that would notice the Ghost there at all, are the ones that already watch Rebels and they're the ones that are gonna be annoyed if its destroyed, and if that's the case, annoying the fans of Rebels would be the only reason that the Ghost is included.

I personally think its going to be a nice little nod, but nothing of consequence.